Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

10/5/13 :: Rapids : SSFC -- KICK 19:00

Everything match specific.

Unread postby levi » Sun Oct 6, 2013 11:41:43 am

Did anyone else hear EJ tell rapids supporters to shut the fuck up after his goal? Thought I heard it pretty clearly. I don't think he liked that "shoulda brought Dempsey" chant. I know the "portlands better" chant was pissing me off but its nice to see other clubs supporters showing a little enthusiasm
levi
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Llarian » Sun Oct 6, 2013 12:22:56 pm

levi wrote:Did anyone else hear EJ tell rapids supporters to shut the fuck up after his goal? Thought I heard it pretty clearly. I don't think he liked that "shoulda brought Dempsey" chant. I know the "portlands better" chant was pissing me off but its nice to see other clubs supporters showing a little enthusiasm

Yeah, I heard that. I laughed. Great way to celebrate in my opinion, apparently the Rapids fans were being really abrasive.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Shonka3dogs » Sun Oct 6, 2013 1:44:24 pm

I'm glad the Rapids supporters were abrasive, that means they were having a really good time cheering their side on. Last summer on an away day there - before the match their supporters invited us (ECS) over to their area to help them eat their BBQ and kick a ball around. Nice guys. There was friendly bantering all around but there wasn't a whole lot of Rapids supporters there at their own match unfortunately, I think they called themselves the "Bulldogs" last year but are named the "38" this year?
Shonka3dogs
Past ECS Member

Unread postby MrB206 » Sun Oct 6, 2013 8:44:30 pm

Llarian wrote:Yeah, I heard that. I laughed. Great way to celebrate in my opinion, apparently the Rapids fans were being really abrasive.

Yea, I don't really get pissy when I hear shit like that... we kinda do the same, albeit less frequently.
MrB206
Past ECS Member

Unread postby endlessrevolt » Mon Oct 7, 2013 1:26:14 am

I didn't hear any of the Rapids chants until post-match, so I don't really care, but prior to match a few of them had come over to our tailgate and hung out with us amicably. No problem with those guys, and if you happen to have a game like they did then a little bit of ribbing is fully in order.

Did NBCSN show their tifo at all? We couldn't really see it from our away section, but it was definitely the biggest thing that Colorado SGs have ever attempted. Seemed to be held up with some sort of fishing tackle rigging at the center.
endlessrevolt
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SimonM » Mon Oct 7, 2013 8:00:07 am

The bad news is, we played like cunts.

The good news is, you get zero points for a loss, regardless of whether it's an unlucky 1-0 or whether you play like total cunts and lose 5-1. They don't take points away for playing like cunts - you still just get the zero. With all our contenders (POR, RSL, NY) all failing to win games that you'd have expected them to win, we actually come out of the weekend still in pretty reasonable shape from a Supporters Shield point of view.

Pretty extraordinary that we're averaging 1.7 points per game but only have a goal difference of +6. Must be unusual.

You could spend plenty of time analyzing the flaws in our performance, but the bottom line is that if you concede awful goals like that early on, you're on a hiding to nothing regardless of what you do. Our defense has been pretty good all year (with a couple of notable exceptions), so I have faith that they won't play that badly too often. Probably better to just forget this one and move on. Good time for some old fashioned Cascadia scraps, methinks.
SimonM
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Mon Oct 7, 2013 8:02:52 am

The GD isn't too hard to explain, we have one of the best Home GDs in the league, and one of the worst away GDs. The irony is our away PPG isn't actually that bad, the away team hasn't been winning often this season for some reason; Home Field Advantage has been absolutely huge. Its just that when we've decided to lose on the road, we've done it in a spectacular fashion. Doesn't bode well for those 2-legged playoff ties, but I guess we'll see how it goes.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby MrB206 » Mon Oct 7, 2013 8:26:21 am

endlessrevolt wrote:Did NBCSN show their tifo at all? We couldn't really see it from our away section, but it was definitely the biggest thing that Colorado SGs have ever attempted. Seemed to be held up with some sort of fishing tackle rigging at the center.

They showed it unfurling, but I don't recall seeing the full tifo displayed, so I don't know exactly what it said.
MrB206
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Jabsco » Mon Oct 7, 2013 8:30:35 am

Llarian wrote:The GD isn't too hard to explain, we have one of the best Home GDs in the league, and one of the worst away GDs. The irony is our away PPG isn't actually that bad, the away team hasn't been winning often this season for some reason; Home Field Advantage has been absolutely huge. Its just that when we've decided to lose on the road, we've done it in a spectacular fashion. Doesn't bode well for those 2-legged playoff ties, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, when you're (-11) on the road, that explains a lot of that GD number. Yuuuuuck. This scares the shit out of me for playoffs - it's going to be in Sigi's head that we need to just not lose badly away, rather than we need to win. Then we go 4-5-1 and I won't even finish that thought.

One thought I will finish, though - Zach Scott, come on man. You just can't pick up that second yellow when we're getting blown out. No reason for that, now you miss both Cascadias. Really could have used him away @ PDX.
Jabsco
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Mon Oct 7, 2013 8:42:01 am

Jabsco wrote:One thought I will finish, though - Zach Scott, come on man. You just can't pick up that second yellow when we're getting blown out. No reason for that, now you miss both Cascadias. Really could have used him away @ PDX.

Yeah, that was an incredibly dumb move. Who cares if they win 6-1 instead of 5-1? Just let them score if that's what the alternative is.

Stupid stupid thing to do.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby seattlesportsfan » Mon Oct 7, 2013 10:26:03 am

I agree about the second yellow but I did think it was pretty funny when he tossed the armband to the Crapids player. That about summed up the match right there
seattlesportsfan
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Ultra666 » Mon Oct 7, 2013 10:28:06 am

Zach Scott is a double yellow waiting to happen.
When he got his first early in the first half, I knew he would get a second.

I don't think it had any effect on the outcome.
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Mon Oct 7, 2013 12:13:19 pm

That second yellow looked Charmin soft
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Tue Oct 8, 2013 12:23:48 am

glad to be home, and glad I only had to watch about 35 seconds of the entire match. Made the decision not to watch it on tivo really easy.

that said, I want to get at any opponent with full ferocity. That it's a rival is even better.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Previous

Return to Match Day