Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

10/9/13 :: SSFC : Whitecaps -- KICK 19:00

Everything match specific.

Unread postby Ollie Board » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:43:25 pm

afecks wrote:I felt like Gspurning wasn't getting down as well as he has in the past. Two shots to the gut that bounced through the 5-hole, and he usually just falls on those. I'm wondering if the he's hurt.

He looks really slow in those 1 on 1 positions. If this is because of injury then Hahnemann (who is too good to be sat on a bench) should be given a change. As Eric said above players not performing should be replaced by players that will give 100% even if they don't have as much natural talent as the Big name lacklustre efforts.

I'd give Gspurning, Hurtado and Martins a rest!!
Ollie Board
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Ollie Board » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:46:51 pm

ericgi wrote:
Ollie Board wrote:As soon as the game started and we went on GUNG-Ho attack playing with slow defenders in a high line we were always getting hit on the break. It's like we are too dumb to learn from our mistakes. I don't think I've ever seen four carbon copy conceded goals in a match before :shock:

Actually, Colorado at home 2-3 years ago played a high line and we beat them like a drum... all the goals were pretty much the same thing.

scum have a similar pace problem to present us so it will be interesting to see if we've learned anything and adjust the tactics accordingly.

Ah fair enough. That may have been just before my time following Sounders and the MLS.
Ollie Board
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Christopher » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:44:42 pm

I realise some may not want to relive it, but I thought I'd share my gallery off the match:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vosie/sets/72157636392349353/show/
Christopher
Away Supporter

Unread postby cethe » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09:30 am

i don't doubt anyone's effort or heart down on that pitch.

what it seemed to me was that kind of thing where when you try harder you end up screwing it up...then you try even harder & screw it up more.
i hope there's some good relaxing, meditation & self reflection going on. clear the heads & be ready to play like a proper team on sunday
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Match Day