Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Flags and Poles

Everything match specific.

Unread postby cheeselover227 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15:05 pm

Hey Josh! Last season I had no problems bringing in my flag and poles. My poles were two 3.5' pvc pipes screwed together. I was never asked to get rid of it. Just if you don't want stadium security on you make sure you don't wave it during run of play.
Good luck!
cheeselover227
Past ECS Member

Unread postby JesseSFC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19:26 am

joshmaher wrote:I'm in 113 and the clink policy explicitly says flags are allowed in GA yet doesn't explicitly say flags are allowed outside of GA. thinking of past matches I rarely see flags outside of GA (more banners). Can anyone confirm they've had good experiences bringing in regulation (3.5' X 1/2" poles) for a regulation sized flag? I have a pole, an ECS flag, and would prefer to keep it after the match.

Flags are allowed in the stadium but are restricted to the following stadium rules:
Banners and signs are permitted during Sounders FC matches as long as they do not obstruct the view of guests or block stadium signage and must meet the following requirements:

Item may not be constructed of wood, metal or any other material that may cause harm to others as determined by stadium management.
Banners and Signs cannot be larger than 3 feet by 5 feet and poles must be smaller than 3.5 feet
Banners and Signs may not be utilized during the run of play and can be removed if they are obstructing views.
Flags may not utilized during the run of play
Banners and signs must be event-related, in good taste and not commercial, political or offensive in nature. All signs must be hand-held; signs on sticks are not permitted. Flags are permitted in the general admission sections within the lower portions of sections 121-123. CenturyLink Field and Seattle Sounders FC reserves the right to remove any banner or sign.
JesseSFC
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby joshmaher » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:24:52 am

Yeah that last line where they state permission only for flags in GA is what is confusing, since they don't state permission for any other section "Flags are permitted in the general admission sections within the lower portions of sections 121-123. CenturyLink Field and Seattle Sounders FC reserves the right to remove any banner or sign."

Alas, the flag was no problem though and the fans in 113 (at least around me) were happy to see some flag waving again in 113. You'll be seeing flags more regularly over there I think...
joshmaher
Past ECS Member

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:42:45 pm

excellent! Great initiative!
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby JesseSFC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:10:43 pm

joshmaher wrote:Yeah that last line where they state permission only for flags in GA is what is confusing, since they don't state permission for any other section "Flags are permitted in the general admission sections within the lower portions of sections 121-123. CenturyLink Field and Seattle Sounders FC reserves the right to remove any banner or sign."

Alas, the flag was no problem though and the fans in 113 (at least around me) were happy to see some flag waving again in 113. You'll be seeing flags more regularly over there I think...

I read that as GA is Exempt from the "During the run of play" part
JesseSFC
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby revolution1973 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:59:03 pm

I was also confused by that ending so I just do what I want until I hear different (I don't hear so well also). If people around you like and are happy that is a huge help!
revolution1973
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby RatCity » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:02:51 am

The rule technically is ga is exempt from the "not during run of play" stipulation set for the rest of the stadium
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Previous

Return to Match Day