Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Viewing Parties in the Tri-Cities

Everything match specific.

Unread postby WestcoastBrian » Tue May 19, 2015 9:27:55 pm

I am trying to start a viewing party in the Tri-Cities. Until we can get a group together I will only set up viewing parties for games on TV in Kennewick. Once we have a group, we can talk the bar owner into buying MLS Direct Kick.

Next Sounders Live Broadcast in Kennewick is this Saturday. The game is at home and if you can't make it to the game I would love to see you at

Uncle Sam's Saloon
8378 W Gage Blvd, Kennewick, WA
https://www.google.com/maps/place/8378+W+Gage+Blvd,+Kennewick,+WA+99336/@46.228865,-119.233101,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x54987a1f1872ca69:0x62a20b9af56e991c?hl=en

More information at
http://www.meetup.com/Sounders-Viewing-Party-Southeast-Washington/
WestcoastBrian
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby likeaboss » Tue May 19, 2015 9:53:28 pm

Keep it up!! Cliche but if you build it, they will come.

Sent via my robot secretary
likeaboss
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SavannahChapin » Tue May 26, 2015 9:02:50 am

We had issues with that bar showing the games. They put us in a corner while everyone else "watched" the Mariners last year...I say "watched" because NO one was watching the baseball game.

I've heard McKay's has a big viewing party there when there's games on.

We tried Stick&Stone last year...and it worked well (had game day discounts and such) but this year they failed us big time so we won't go back there.

Let us know what your plans are...we have a pretty decent size group/family that would definitely go.
SavannahChapin
Past ECS Member

Unread postby WestcoastBrian » Wed May 27, 2015 7:14:30 pm

Last Saturday was a bust, but that was because Root sports said the game was live, but didn't say "Live only in Oregon." I am not discouraged. This was a home game, and was announced at the last minute. I will try to get a viewing party started in this area for as long as it takes.

As for which bar, I'm still new to the area so Uncle Sams was the only sports bar I know of in the area with Sounders decorations on the wall. If a different bar will get more people to show up, I'm open to moving these parties. With my experience with the Bellingham Border Boys, once we got a crowd together, the bars did what we wanted, from putting the game on all TVs and turning up the sound, to offering discounts to ECS members.
WestcoastBrian
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby shieldk2 » Tue Jun 2, 2015 5:51:05 pm

Hope you get some momentum going for this! We've got a group in Yakima that gathers to watch all of the matches. It took awhile to get a solid group together and once we did, sadly, our bar closed. Luckily the local scene realized that there was a good group of people that gather on matchday and a couple other bars opened their doors for us. So, keep at it and keep reaching out to anyone you see in rave green! Grow the game!
shieldk2
ECS Leadership

Return to Match Day