Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Tremendous Fan experience

Everything match specific.

Unread postby emperorkristopher » Mon Jun 8, 2015 1:59:40 pm

First off for full disclosure I should acknowledge I live in Wisconsin but am a Sounders FC supporter. I have made the trip to Seattle twice to watch games and went to Chicago 4 of the 5 times the Sounders came to Chicago. I have also went to many other Fire games since they are the closest MLS team. It has given me a tremendous amount of appreciation to the work of ECS (and other supporter groups) because the gameday experience in CLink is way, way better than Toyota Park. The Fire fans in Section 8 are ridiculous in comparison to ECS. They sing the same 5 songs all game long. Usually each one is sung for at least 5 minutes. They use cheap jokes like "I like Busch" or "Holy Shipp" when cheering on their players. This past weekend I was at the Chicago/Orlando game in which Section 8 started using the "puto" chant directed at the Orlando GK. I love the fact ECS refuses to do the "You suck" chant. While I don't like the chant referring to putting someone against the wall and shooting them, I do have a whole new love and appreciation for everything Sounders. Thanks to everyone that makes this a great atmosphere. Some of you I might see in Chicago cheering on the Sounders to another win on July 11th.
emperorkristopher
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby crdiaz73 » Mon Jun 8, 2015 2:23:41 pm

Thank you for your insight and support ! :scarfsway:
crdiaz73
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby DOWNTOWN » Mon Jun 8, 2015 2:26:35 pm

Thanks for the write up and kind words.

Go Pack Go!
DOWNTOWN
ECS Leadership

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Mon Jun 8, 2015 2:57:40 pm

emperorkristopher wrote:First off for full disclosure I should acknowledge I live in Wisconsin but am a Sounders FC supporter. I have made the trip to Seattle twice to watch games and went to Chicago 4 of the 5 times the Sounders came to Chicago. I have also went to many other Fire games since they are the closest MLS team. It has given me a tremendous amount of appreciation to the work of ECS (and other supporter groups) because the gameday experience in CLink is way, way better than Toyota Park. The Fire fans in Section 8 are ridiculous in comparison to ECS. They sing the same 5 songs all game long. Usually each one is sung for at least 5 minutes. They use cheap jokes like "I like Busch" or "Holy Shipp" when cheering on their players. This past weekend I was at the Chicago/Orlando game in which Section 8 started using the "puto" chant directed at the Orlando GK. I love the fact ECS refuses to do the "You suck" chant. While I don't like the chant referring to putting someone against the wall and shooting them, I do have a whole new love and appreciation for everything Sounders. Thanks to everyone that makes this a great atmosphere. Some of you I might see in Chicago cheering on the Sounders to another win on July 11th.

cheer dude. reach out to our subgroups by the way: https://www.weareecs.com/join/subgroups
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby joelproHH » Mon Jun 8, 2015 3:52:27 pm

Heartland Horde is the subgroup that includes the Wisconsin area. Not very active on the Forums, but follow us on Twitter @HeartlandHorde and check out our FB group page. Hope to see you at this year's Chicago match as well!
joelproHH
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Jun 8, 2015 5:34:27 pm

Thanks for the post. I think you illustrated how far section 8 has fallen in 15 or so years. They and dc used to be way ahead of everyone in mls. Now they are but a shadow of what they used to be. Heck, sector Latino is 1 tenth their size but a better sg than s8
ericgi
ECS Founder

Return to Match Day