Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Sat. 4/2 please read!

Group based in Spokane, WA.

Unread postby pendleton509 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:22:29 pm

A Club will not be hosting a viewing for this Saturday 4/2 due to a conflicting event. I promise this is the only time in the foreseeable future that this will happen. There is a play/musical happening in the next room and they have long speaking parts that i could forsee us screaming and yelling and disrupting so i had to make the decision not to show the match just this once. Sorry.

Too bad i couldn't have taken you all to the red zone suite i was in vs. houston.
pendleton509
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby poseidon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42:11 pm

Tecate grill will still be showing the game. Go there and get delicious Mexican food too.
poseidon
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Frankiedabarber » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:03:21 pm

well hopefully everyone comes out and supports Tecate Grill and there hospitality on Saturday
Frankiedabarber
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Matteo77 » Sat Apr 2, 2011 10:55:27 pm

Tonight was not a lot of fun.

After leaving my computer screen, which was giving me video of MLS that I spent 40 more dollars than I can presently afford to view, I went to the A Club. Had they done what was previously promised as a done deal, I would have bought a drink or two. I strode leisurely through downtown wearing proudly my scarf and my non-bra-straps-bearing Sounders jersey.

Then, having arrived on foot to the A-Club at precisely 7:30, I was informed that the game would not be showing. I went to both of the places suggested to me - the Monterey Grill had three screens with no Sounders, so I went to The Game. The Game is Sounders not-unfriendly, but, on this particular night, I entered a room full of hip, happening twenty-somethings watching what all the cool kids were watching, namely NCAA basketball. Now, I happen to like NCAA basketball and happen to like American twentysomethings out enjoying themselves. So to find myself among them in full Sounders regalia all by myself begging for one screen only to find out that they don't have The Package was humiliating and a revisitation of 30 years of eating shit.

By the time I got home to the Matchday Live subscription that I could have been watching all along, I had missed two goals.

I was going to cough up some dues in the next paycheck or two, because, in these hard times, a bright spot in my week is being able to have that shared Sounders experience. But I need a reliable, DOWNTOWN place to have that experience. It's where I work, near where I live in a one-car family, and central to every-freakin-body in the region. I would rather be a one- or two-screen niche at a sports bar set up that is reliable than a "you guys are cool, except when you aren't" set up.
Matteo77
Past ECS Member

Unread postby burning_timbers » Sun Apr 3, 2011 1:28:01 am

Matteo77 wrote:Tonight was not a lot of fun.

After leaving my computer screen, which was giving me video of MLS that I spent 40 more dollars than I can presently afford to view, I went to the A Club. Had they done what was previously promised as a done deal, I would have bought a drink or two. I strode leisurely through downtown wearing proudly my scarf and my non-bra-straps-bearing Sounders jersey.

Then, having arrived on foot to the A-Club at precisely 7:30, I was informed that the game would not be showing. I went to both of the places suggested to me - the Monterey Grill had three screens with no Sounders, so I went to The Game. The Game is Sounders not-unfriendly, but, on this particular night, I entered a room full of hip, happening twenty-somethings watching what all the cool kids were watching, namely NCAA basketball. Now, I happen to like NCAA basketball and happen to like American twentysomethings out enjoying themselves. So to find myself among them in full Sounders regalia all by myself begging for one screen only to find out that they don't have The Package was humiliating and a revisitation of 30 years of eating shit.

By the time I got home to the Matchday Live subscription that I could have been watching all along, I had missed two goals.

I was going to cough up some dues in the next paycheck or two, because, in these hard times, a bright spot in my week is being able to have that shared Sounders experience. But I need a reliable, DOWNTOWN place to have that experience. It's where I work, near where I live in a one-car family, and central to every-freakin-body in the region. I would rather be a one- or two-screen niche at a sports bar set up that is reliable than a "you guys are cool, except when you aren't" set up.

join the face book site as well. emails are put out in a timely manner as to changes. the aclub not having the match tonight will be a one time deal im sure.
burning_timbers
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Matteo77 » Sun Apr 3, 2011 8:55:54 am

burning_timbers wrote: join the face book site as well. emails are put out in a timely manner as to changes. the aclub not having the match tonight will be a one time deal im sure.

Good tip and good to know. Thanks.
Matteo77
Past ECS Member

Unread postby burning_timbers » Sun Apr 3, 2011 10:08:27 am

just for the record, you will never have that one or two screen niche at The Game. just sayin. they will never put in the work that johnny p at aclub, or pablo at tecate have. soccer will always be the stepchild at The Game.
burning_timbers
Past ECS Member

Return to 509 Prime (509)