Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

New Year/New Season. time to set some goals

Group based in Spokane, WA.

Unread postby pendleton509 » Tue Jan 3, 2012 7:10:30 pm

Happy New Year to all of you. Now that the holidays are over I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. I suppose it's time to get together and discuss how we can progress as supporters as much as we can this year. I would like to get as many eastern WA supporters together for a semi-formal meeting (ya know, have a few drinks and hash this shit out). When and where is up to your availability. There are a few people who have stepped up as more active supporters and by default somewhat leaders, but I'm open to welcome anyone who will remain active and zealous about supporting from the 509. There's talk about chartering a bus to go watch the Sounders vs. portscum at home and I have a lot of people interested. We can bring our ideas about that and other stuff like shirts, banners, flags, viewing locations, etc. to the table. So who is in and when and where do you wanna meet up? If you are not friends with me on Facebook please add me (Jon Pendleton) and find the 509 Prime Eastern WA Supporters group on Facebook. Maybe we could all go eat dinner somewhere together? Let me know.
pendleton509
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Cascade » Thu Jan 5, 2012 12:00:59 am

I'm interested in meeting up. Don't think its right for me to take more of a leadership position (new to Spokane and only around during the school year), but I'm definitely willing to step up if needed. Poseidon still has the original 509 two-poles and I'd be very interested in making some more and organizing some trips over. Getting a group together will really help us get some pull when it comes to bars and restaurants (sounders/soccer preference over other teams/sports, direct kick, discounts, ect.)

As for goals, I'd love to have a solid spot to watch the matches, at least 15 out to watch each match, and a couple of carpools & organized bus trips throughout the year.
Cascade
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Chicano » Thu Jan 5, 2012 10:51:48 am

This is a great idea to unify the RIGHT side of the state. Unfortunately I live on the left. But I support and will advocate any and all decisions 509 Prime makes (even changing the name... i'm just sayin).
Chicano
Past ECS Member

Unread postby pendleton509 » Sat Jan 7, 2012 10:42:48 pm

tomorrow.
who can meet up to discuss? this Sunday Jan. 8th at 5pm at The Monterey Cafe - N. 9 Washington St. I'll be getting off work there around that time and wanna sit down with whoever wants to and talk about this season. Does this not work for anyone? bring any ideas you have about what we can do this year. i'd like to estimate a cost of chartering a bus, getting a hotel and buying tickets for a trip to Seattle. anyone know about any deals? reply if you can show up or not.

i want to set up monthly meeting as well
pendleton509
ECS Member 2019

Return to 509 Prime (509)