Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Behavior

Group based in Olympia, WA.

Unread postby EVILIVE » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:04:04 am

Hey to all BHM Memebrs,

I don't know what happened in GA last night with the flags and argument etc. I didn't see it and I heard this second hand. I understand your frustration with the flags being up and that's fine. On the flip side, we've gone over this many a time and the signs in GA say Flags, Banners, Singing etc will happen in sections 121, 122, 123. If you don't want that in your way of your line of sight to the game, I suggest you move over away from the flags so you have a better view. GA is a supporters section and it was created for the purpose of flying flags, 2 poles, tifo overheads etc. This section was not created to sit and watch the game. This is a section where participation is strongly encouraged and in some parts MANDATORY. Please understand these things will happen and prepare yourselves accordingly. If you willingly put yourself in that section, please do not complain about what happens as it states very clearly what to expect while in the GA section.

I have been spoken to by ECS leadership addressing this, and I am not happy about our group getting a bad reputation from ECS at large or being branded troublemakers. 121 is OUR section (or will be) so let's make it the best we can.

Sorry to ramble.....

EVILIVE
EVILIVE
Past ECS Member

Unread postby b3sh1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:32:24 am

If you don't like flags, singing and jumping, you shouldn't be a BHM member. BHM members are ECS members, ECS membership must be revoked (I donno if this is even possible, but I vote for it to happen) to anyone who is not ok with BEING A SUPPORTER.

ECS stands for EMERALD CITY SUPPORTERS, not for EMERALD CITY SHITMAKERS. This is a f'in disgrace. If you have an ECS/BHM/other subgroup scarf and you whine and moan in GA, you should go home, take a nap, and then GO F YOURSELF.

I am sick of leadership having to deal with your lame @$$es. I am sick of having to deal with this all season. I am sick of all you SUPPORTER WANNABEs that have no clue WTF you got yourself into. IT'S A SUPPORTER GROUP NOT A BOOK CLUB! YOU'RE IN, OR YOU'RE OUT!

Sorry for the ramble too, and if someone gets sand in their vag from my post, come and talk to me in person.
b3sh1
Past ECS Member

Unread postby S.S.C 78 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:08:41 am

This may be the wrong thread to post this in as I do not know if the two idiots that came down into 122 to start a fight with me and Tallguy over a f'ing flag were affiliated with BHM or not, but I'll say it here anyway.

Just don't come to another match. Congratulations on getting boozed up and acting like a couple of morons. Its nothing new trust me. *golf clap*

Hope you remember me cause I remember both of you.

Like I said, stay home.
S.S.C 78
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby EVILIVE » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:25:58 am

The people who tried to start a fight weren't BHM. They were someone else. I was right there with danimal too (unless you're talking about a different part of GA, when a younger guy tried to come in swinging before I grabbed his dumb ass. I think the bald guy was some english guy I've seen at fuel. Most of the BHM group was in 121 and started a different issue at the end of the game and not during it. Thats what my post was about.

EVILIVE
EVILIVE
Past ECS Member

Unread postby fox3r » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:31:53 am

Not to derail the thread, but good work on putting this up and making sure the people responsible for the incidents know what is to be expected of them.
fox3r
Past ECS Member

Unread postby EVILIVE » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:34:46 am

No problem Fox3r!!! Just trying to keep the peace and make sure that I am doing my part in making sure what is expected of BHM/ECS members!!!

EVILIVE
EVILIVE
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Null78 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36:22 am

Evilive kudos to you for getting on this..
Null78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Realio » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20:08 pm

i am a sounders supporter and what i fail to understand is how it its more important to ecs to fly a flag then to watch the game. The only issue I have with the big flag being flown was the last 5 minutes + extra time were arguably the most exciting/important in the game, and for anyone (ecs or not) to not wish to actually be able to see that amazes me. Who's decision was it to obstruct that exact time period? And to continue to fuel the flames of affliction when it was obvious that dropping the flag for 5 minutes or whatever would have immediately alleviated any problem.

I fully endorse ecs in their support and have spent my hard earned money to support ecs. The leaders might want to rethink some things when "being ECS FOR LIFE" comes before actually watching the sounders you /we claim to love.
Realio
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby danimal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:27:05 pm

Realio wrote:i am a sounders supporter and what i fail to understand is how it its more important to ecs to fly a flag then to watch the game.

thats just what we do. you were the one that bought your tickets in the GA area, so you have no right to complain. if you bought the tickets there because you were a cheapskate, then deal with it

The only issue I have with the big flag being flown was the last 5 minutes + extra time were arguably the most exciting/important in the game, and for anyone (ecs or not) to not wish to actually be able to see that amazes me.

that is the most important time of the game, so thats when we are going to be going the most mental

Who's decision was it to obstruct that exact time period?

no one said to do so, we just do it. again, deal with it

And to continue to fuel the flames of affliction when it was obvious that dropping the flag for 5 minutes or whatever would have immediately alleviated any problem.

no, what would relive the problem is people quit being jackass, like throwing beers and starting fights like little douchebags

I fully endorse ecs in their support and have spent my hard earned money to support ecs. The leaders might want to rethink some things when "being ECS FOR LIFE" comes before actually watching the sounders you /we claim to love.

look dude, those seats suck anyway. watch the big tv
danimal
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Ultra666 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:34:40 pm

Realio wrote:i am a sounders supporter and what i fail to understand is how it its more important to ecs to fly a flag then to watch the game. The only issue I have with the big flag being flown was the last 5 minutes + extra time were arguably the most exciting/important in the game, and for anyone (ecs or not) to not wish to actually be able to see that amazes me. Who's decision was it to obstruct that exact time period? And to continue to fuel the flames of affliction when it was obvious that dropping the flag for 5 minutes or whatever would have immediately alleviated any problem.

When the match is on the line, and it is the last few minutes of the match, we will be there for the club more than for ourselves.
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby Bathos » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:56:45 pm

Realio wrote:i am a sounders supporter and what i fail to understand is how it its more important to ecs to fly a flag then to watch the game.
The leaders might want to rethink some things when "being ECS FOR LIFE" comes before actually watching the sounders you /we claim to love.

The simple answer is that when I go in GA with ECS I'm there to 'support', not 'watch'. One of the great things about the Sounders is there's ample opportunities to do both.

There are times when I want to watch the game, and really pay attention, but also cheer on the Sounders loudly. These are times when I'm there as a 'fan' and I do NOT sit in GA. Most of the time, in fact, I'm there as a fan with my family.

However, other times I want to PARTICIPATE in the game, not just watch it. These times I go in with ECS in GA and become part of the supporters and active in the game. I know going in that I'm not really going to be able to see much of the game, and most of the time I'm paying much closer attention to the capo so I know what to sing and to keep in rhythm.

If you try and mix these, for example by being a 'supporter' and flying flags during the game and pogo'ing when I'm in my normal seats in section 136, then I'm going to get in trouble for blocking people's views. And this is a fine thing, as the people around me have paid to watch the game and it would be rude to block their views and disrespectful of them as fans.

But, by the same token, the GA is the designated supporters section, and they're there to 'support', not be fans and watch the game.
Bathos
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Realio » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:13:21 pm

interesting points and I appreciate the speedy reply to my post.

I refuse to get into a childish insult hurling war which seems to be all danimal can offer. Wrongfully implying someone is a cheapskate, or justifying somehow with "the seats suck, turn around away from the field and watch the bigscreen" are just ridiculous points and while i appreciate you taking the time to respond i see little content worth responding to.

ultra i am curious as to what you mean by being there for the club more then yourselves. Are you implying that waving a flag is somehow helping the sounders more so then someone say, clapping or cheering? I think you might be putting a bit too much emphasis on an inflated belief in your own importance which is yet unproven. Am I correct to believe that you are indeed stating that ECS "attitude" is more important then actually seeing the game?

bathos, i appreciate your comments. I have interest in this "
The simple answer is that when I go in GA with ECS I'm there to 'support', not 'watch'. "
Isnt there a way to do both? It seems you imply that people should either pick one or the other, to the extent that you even admittedly have 2 sets of season tickets and have to choose which type of fan you are to be the day of the game? This seems massively counterproductive to the Sounders organization as a whole.

Listen guys, i am not going to sit here and argue with every angry ECS lifer such as those that have posted previously that if people dont sing they are gonna physically kick them out of GA fuck them, they suck, etc etc, etc. I dont speak for everyone, I merely speak for myself. I in fact didnt have that much of an obstructed view last night at the game but can really see both sides of the coin. What strikes me as ludicrous though was the statement of an ecs member that "thats the european experience". Well ive played and attended games in europe and if you are telling me that a giant flag obstructing the home teams attacking goal for the last 5 minutes of the game and extrat time would be tolerated ANYWHERE in europe you are delusional. ECS does a great job supporting the team, I get up and chant and cheer and clap and wave my hands as much as the next guy. My point is you can have both rabid fan actions without inciting riots. And all it takes is a little bit more thought and perhaps better timing.
Realio
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ssfcultra » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:41:43 pm

I can understand why people get angry. I am a very understanding an compassionate person. However this is an issue in which I am willing to not see eye to eye with people and we are not going to yield.

Assertions like these are blatantly wrong.
giant flag obstructing the home teams attacking goal for the last 5 minutes of the game and extrat time would be tolerated ANYWHERE in europe you are delusional

I have included two videos of Ultras Rapid that plainly show them going mental during the run of play (also, I've seen some photos from eastern Europe where there are barriers that CLEARLY people cannot see past if you're in the bottom of the curva). Please review these as this the vision the ECS Leadership has for the group and this is where we would like to be given time. You will also note that watching Ultras Rapid is a lot like being in the Brougham End:

I see this as a matter of setting the correct expectations for members and for people coming into the Brougham End. Maybe we need to include a "Supporters Commandments" section on our song sheet. This is year one. We're approaching atmosphere and an environment that people describe as being legendary. However, people think that European = English. Totally wrong. ECS at one point was based on English support. As time has progressed we have switched focus to a more "continental" ultras style. We still keep some of the English-styled songs ("We Love You Sounders" and "Referee Wank Wank Wank" for example) but our focus going forward is what you see in those videos.

In closing I would like to add that those who think the flags are bad will surely get fucking pissed when we're finally allowed to do smoke. Imagine not being able to see the pitch at all for five minutes. 8-)
ssfcultra
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Ultra666 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:56:12 pm

Realio,
I am a person who believes that my passion can be felt by the players on the field.
The more volume and color coming from The Brougham End, the more our players will dig down deep to perform to the best of their abilities.
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby Realio » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:12:03 pm

ultra>
agreed... which is why it was a shame that a huge flag stopped hundreds of people from adding their passion and volume to the Sounders when they needed it the most. Instead people were distracted into petty arguments, fighting, and dissension instead of being a cohesive "voluminous and colorful" unit that may have indeed helped the team pull out a goal at the end when we were oh so close. I am ashamed that it came to beer and fist throwing, I feel the emphasis should never be MORE about ecs then about Sounders.

Again, im so not against flags, or supporting the team, but this action detracted from the very support you and others claim is so critical to your "involvement" in the game, and is a serious tactical error by ecs leadership (if there is such a thing) in my opinion. If indeed ECS is truly not about hooliganism and definitely about doing what they feel is helpful to the squad then fighting amongst ourselves is not the answer.
Realio
Emerald City Supporter

Next

Return to Black Hills Militia (BHM)