Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - PDX - 8/23/19

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby RightFootHammer » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:30:03 pm

Stupid Friday. Take a long weekend and you are good.

8/20/19- Update: Your travel monkeys are working had on all the details to make sure you have everything you need. Because we are still working on some details Monkey Mail (an email with your ticket(s) attached will ship 8/22 Thursday AM. Follow us on twitter @ECSTravelMonkey for up to date happenings.

8/19/19- Update: We are completely sold out of tickets to this match. If you are looking to purchase tickets or your circumstances have changed and looking to sell please use our Ticket Exchange here: https://www.weareecs.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=36
There will be no exchanges, refunds or transfers of ticket(s) and/or ticket + bus combos facilitated by ECS. If you sell your bus +match combo or match only tickets, you as the purchaser are responsible to forward the Monkey Mail (an email, when it ships) on to whom you sold your ticket. If you sell your bus spot, the person needs to check in with the monkey on the ground at Northgate, Tacoma or Olympia bus pickup under original purchasers name.

3/20 Update- we were originally going to start our sales for this match on 3/23 but we are still working out some logistics so we are going to push back our sale start to 4/7 @ noon Pacific.

8/12 Monkey Update: Attention all match + bus ticket combo purchasers an email was sent to you today at 2:36 pm advising of a change in pick up locations please see the email below:

Hi All,

First of all thank you for purchasing your bus + ticket combo through Emerald City Supporters. We are heading back down to Portland and our primary mission is to support of our boys to victory, a victory which will keep George (the Cascadia Cup) where he belongs here in Seattle.

We have some news about our bus trip to Portland next Friday, August 23, 2019. When we selected our bus locations as we always do for Portland Away we had no idea that the Tukwila Light Rail station would be under major construction to the point that the buses are using what is our normal bus pickup & parking spot there in the lot across the street from the light rail station. The good news is you won't have to deal with the traffic and construction around that area to get there if you were planning to park there because the Tukwila pick up spot is no longer an available option.

So what were the alternatives? We checked out the possibility of using South Center Mall or Federal Way Park n Ride, but for those intending to use public transportation options to get there are not great options.

We are going to go with the alternative which is to use Northgate Park N Ride instead of Tukwila as our northernmost pick up spot. This does mean that Northgate pickup will be an earlier call than anticipated. THERE WILL BE NO TUKWILA PICKUP FOR THE BUSES.

So here is the bus timing and exact locations for you so you can make adjustments to your plans (maps will be provided with Monkey Mail):

Northgate- Northgate Park N Ride (10104 3rd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125) Meet at farthest south east corner of the park n ride parking lot, where 3rd Ave NE & NE 100th St meet.
Bus Riders Arrive: No later than 11:00 AM, bus will depart at 11:15 AM.

Tacoma- I5/SR 512 Park N Ride (10617 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma 98499)
Bus Riders Arrive: No later than 12:45 pm, but will depart at 1:00 PM.

Olympia- Three Magnets Brewing Company (600 Franklin Street SE #105, Olympia, WA 98501)
Bus Riders Arrive: No later than 1:45 pm, bus will depart no later than 2:00 PM
(More info will be provided in Monkey Mail for specific instructions on where to park).

Please note, we do not need to know which location you are choosing to arrive at with these changes (ie a logistical nightmare for us monkeys) but both buses will be making all three stops on the way down and on the way back. This does mean it puts the responsibility on you as a bus rider to make sure you are on time as the bus will leave at the times stated above from each location and will not wait for you.

If you are driving to one of the park n ride locations or Three Magnets make sure you give yourselves enough time to find parking and meet up with the buses as it is a regular work week and especially park n rides parking lots will be difficult to find parking.

Due to this being a weekday with expected additional traffic, we will not wait at any stop for those who may not have arrived by the departure time at each of our three stops.
Additional details and maps will be sent with the regular Monkey Mail which will ship 2-3 days prior to the match.

Thanks,

Eileen West
ECS Director of Home & Travel Tickets
RightFootHammer
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby colauhu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:28:27 am

No shit right? Why would MLS put a rivalry this big on a Friday night?
colauhu
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby 6ft2whiteguy » Sun Aug 4, 2019 11:56:30 am

Greetings. Will there be a keg of fine alcoholic beverage available on the buses this trip?
:beer: :ecstifo: :ecstifo: :cheers:

-Sam
6ft2whiteguy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby 3stripelife » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54:01 am

is it too late to get tickets? Just learned I got work off, hoping to make the drive down and meet up with everybody
3stripelife
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby revolution1973 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:30:38 pm

3stripelife wrote:is it too late to get tickets? Just learned I got work off, hoping to make the drive down and meet up with everybody

47 match only tickets left in the store
revolution1973
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29:31 pm

6ft2whiteguy wrote:Greetings. Will there be a keg of fine alcoholic beverage available on the buses this trip?
:beer: :ecstifo: :ecstifo: :cheers:

-Sam

We will have beer, it is likely not going to be in a keg :) more info when we send Monkey Mail.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Nagkumar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:54:13 pm

Is there a way I can switch my pickup from Tacoma to tukwila? I have 4 tickets!
Nagkumar
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39:53 pm

Nagkumar wrote:Is there a way I can switch my pickup from Tacoma to tukwila? I have 4 tickets!

Check your email all bus + match combo purchasers were sent an email TODAY sent around 2:36 pm. Tukwila is no longer an option for bus pickup. Northgate will be our furthest north pickup and then Tacoma and Olympia. Anyone taking the bus can get on at any of the three bus locations. The details of exactly where and timing are in the email. I have also posted the email in the first post of this thread for reference.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby dzappd » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:39:36 pm

We are leaving on Thursday before the match to go down. We are staying at Cascade Locks campground for the two nights. There is going to be 6 of us. Anyone else leaving Thursday night and want to road trip car pool down ?
dzappd
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby NySea » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:21:17 pm

For those of us who are not on the bus, has the ECS Will Call location been posted yet? -NySea
NySea
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:28:11 am

NySea wrote:For those of us who are not on the bus, has the ECS Will Call location been posted yet? -NySea

We are still waiting final confirmation from Portland, but if you have purchased match only tickets they should be attached to Monkey Mail when it ships later next week.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Adamngeorgina1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:16:18 pm

Eeek, just a few days away now all!
Just curious before I call or email Providence Park directly, if anyone may know from experience if they offer a stroller check option like CLink does at their Guest Links (especially with ECS entering via a different entrance and a guest link maybe not being in our cordoned off area)? Will wear the little'un as normal during the match but with it being a night match it's still pretty nice to have the stroller handy.
Cheers in advance, the baby wearing flag waving trio :D :ecstifo:
Adamngeorgina1
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Bryanchristian512 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:12:06 am

Guys and gals, I see there are no tickets left...I was waiting until I got paid today..can anyone help me??? I went last year and it was so much fun! :cry:
Bryanchristian512
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby dj360 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:29:46 am

Bryanchristian512 wrote:Guys and gals, I see there are no tickets left...I was waiting until I got paid today..can anyone help me??? I went last year and it was so much fun! :cry:
I have an extra. PM me to coordinate

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
dj360
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:36:56 am

Adamngeorgina1 wrote:Eeek, just a few days away now all!
Just curious before I call or email Providence Park directly, if anyone may know from experience if they offer a stroller check option like CLink does at their Guest Links (especially with ECS entering via a different entrance and a guest link maybe not being in our cordoned off area)? Will wear the little'un as normal during the match but with it being a night match it's still pretty nice to have the stroller handy.
Cheers in advance, the baby wearing flag waving trio :D :ecstifo:

For this question specifically I would suggest you contact Providence Park directly.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Next

Return to Away Trips