Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Why I travel

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby supersecretsquirel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49:28 pm

iwantabossjersey wrote:Yeah, sorry you walked into the airport alone.... I was supposed to pick supersecretsquirrel up in lake stevens, but put her number into my phone wrong... definitely woke some random dude up at 445 am.... that was fun.

Haha! It's all good! I made still made it to LA :D
supersecretsquirel
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby iwantabossjersey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:47:16 pm

I didn't sleep at all that night. I'm going to have to start coaching someone to take over the group for our next trip down there!! Get another ECS member a shot at getting on!!!
iwantabossjersey
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SeattleCalcio » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17:38 pm

iwantabossjersey wrote:I didn't sleep at all that night. I'm going to have to start coaching someone to take over the group for our next trip down there!! Get another ECS member a shot at getting on!!!

And yet, you went to bed at like 9pm and wouldn't come drink with us!
SeattleCalcio
ECS Co-President

Unread postby yoakster314 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:42:52 am

SeattleCalcio wrote:
iwantabossjersey wrote:I didn't sleep at all that night. I'm going to have to start coaching someone to take over the group for our next trip down there!! Get another ECS member a shot at getting on!!!

Haha what a funny night. Dave goes to bed at 9pm as he wanted to be all rested up for TPiR. I was sharing a bed with Dave and did my best to sneak back in all quiet not to wake him up. Thought I did a pretty good job, and then I hear Dave "Yo Deezy, I so EXCITE!". I was like, shit, sorry man I tried not to wake you up. Dave just responds that he was too excited to sleep. No truer words have ever been spoken.

So glad you got to be called up, that is probably my favorite away memory to date!
yoakster314
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby liquidmj » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50:54 pm

If you have the opportunity go to a CCL away match, don't think just go. I know this year, we won't have the group stages, but they'll happen again in the future. Costa Rica with a group of ECS is a trip I will never forget. Going international (Canada doesn't count) definitely takes away trips to a whole new level. If you want stories, you're going to have ask us in person for them. Just talk to anyone who went on one. Unforgettable is an understatement.
liquidmj
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby jbraaten » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:11:17 pm

SeattleCalcio wrote:

Truth be told! I had 2 extra IPAs to make the floor more comfortable that night :beer:
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby jbraaten » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12:32 pm

liquidmj wrote:If you have the opportunity go to a CCL away match, don't think just go.

Some of the best advice I've ever seen on these threads. You'll never, ever regret it
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:44:37 pm

And remember: Fear is the mind killer. Don't let it stop you from seeing the Sounders play in a third world country.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby SeattleCalcio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:21:22 pm

liquidmj wrote:If you have the opportunity go to a CCL away match, don't think just go. I know this year, we won't have the group stages, but they'll happen again in the future. Costa Rica with a group of ECS is a trip I will never forget. Going international (Canada doesn't count) definitely takes away trips to a whole new level. If you want stories, you're going to have ask us in person for them. Just talk to anyone who went on one. Unforgettable is an understatement.

As someone who just booked Tigres away and has done CCL away twice before, he's right. There's nothing better. So.... Come to Monterrey with me!
SeattleCalcio
ECS Co-President

Unread postby Chicano » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:51:35 pm

So with all these cool stories I guess, just getting away from the wife and kids doesn't cut it?
Chicano
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bulldog » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55:41 pm

liquidmj wrote:If you have the opportunity go to a CCL away match, don't think just go. I know this year, we won't have the group stages, but they'll happen again in the future. Costa Rica with a group of ECS is a trip I will never forget. Going international (Canada doesn't count) definitely takes away trips to a whole new level. If you want stories, you're going to have ask us in person for them. Just talk to anyone who went on one. Unforgettable is an understatement.

:D :lol:

away trips better than home matches
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby IowanSounders12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08:07 pm

This could be the wrong thread to post on, but I have a question- how come there is no thread for the SKC away match on May 8? I am totally on board with going down to KC if others are on board! Singing my lungs out with you wonderful ECS folks for over two hours was an amazing experience, despite the fact that Salazar stole our silverware. Since that night I've been waiting for this opportunity to get back down there and exact a small amount of revenge (in the form of 3 points) on them.
IowanSounders12
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby futbolgirl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28:15 pm

IowanSounders12 wrote:This could be the wrong thread to post on, but I have a question- how come there is no thread for the SKC away match on May 8? I am totally on board with going down to KC if others are on board! Singing my lungs out with you wonderful ECS folks for over two hours was an amazing experience, despite the fact that Salazar stole our silverware. Since that night I've been waiting for this opportunity to get back down there and exact a small amount of revenge (in the form of 3 points) on them.

There's no particular reason. The monkeys work on the trips in order of appearance, and by the time we are ready to turn our attention to a particular trip, someone has usually already made a thread.

I'm excited to be going back to KC again this year. Let's talk about it HERE.
futbolgirl
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Aztattooedsean777 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:05:50 am

I enjoyed my trips out to LA in the first season. Work and various other reasons have kept me unable to attend away matches the last couple seasons but I am back and this Arizona ECS member looks forward to running into every one of you fellow travelers. 8-)
Aztattooedsean777
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ares » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:16:25 pm

This weekend is why I travel.
ares
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips