Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - New York Red Bulls - 9/20/14

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby siobhan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:29:01 am

PATH train and subway will cost you $5 each way. It's really more an investment in time.
siobhan
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby nnlove » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:23:01 am

Tickets purchased, place in the city booked, bring on the NYRB! I believe my friends and I will plan to meet at Carlow East and ride the train to the match with everyone.
nnlove
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby alpenfuzzi » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:19:27 pm

We bought 6 tickets and need another one.. Just checked the travel store and no tickets seem to be available.. What is the route now to get additional tickets??
alpenfuzzi
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Mon Sep 1, 2014 6:54:46 pm

More will be posted this evening
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby alpenfuzzi » Mon Sep 1, 2014 7:18:22 pm

Do you know what we are leaving the bar for the stadium? Someone in our group needs to organize a baby sitter!!
alpenfuzzi
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby reasonbass » Mon Sep 1, 2014 7:37:39 pm

Question for locals:

I'm staying in NJ the night before the match and I'm driving to Hartford, CT after the match. Should I...

a.) park the car in NJ and train in to NY for the prefunk. If so, recommendations for parking?

b.) park the car near the bar in NYC. If so, recommendations for parking?

c.) too much of a hassle...skip the prefunk and park at the stadium?

Thanks for the help.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby icedcold » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:11:38 am

reasonbass wrote:Question for locals:

I'm staying in NJ the night before the match and I'm driving to Hartford, CT after the match. Should I...

a.) park the car in NJ and train in to NY for the prefunk. If so, recommendations for parking?

Thanks for the help.

IMO, park in Newark or Harrison, take the PATH into the city for prefunk. Plenty of decent parking garages and other options in both Newark and Harrison, with easy access to the PATH station.

I personally wouldn't park in NYC, though it does put you closer to Hartford then parking in NJ would.
icedcold
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby icedcold » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:13:02 am

I know more just got posted, but I have my pair of tickets available for sale. Opting for the USOC final instead.
Reach me via email at icedcold@gmail.com or on twitter @icedhockey
icedcold
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby siobhan » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:00:43 pm

reasonbass wrote:Question for locals:

Thanks for the help.

Leave the car in New Jersey and join us for the Carlow East pissup. You do not want to deal with driving into the city and parking before the game.

PATH to NYC, then subway to Carlow East. Google Maps is pretty good at routing your trip via public transit.
siobhan
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby St Pauli Visitor » Mon Sep 8, 2014 1:36:54 pm

Hey,

I'm an FC St Pauli (Hamburg, Deutschland Zweite Bundesliga) fan, originally from Yorkshire, England, and some years ago "chose" the Sounders as my MLS team. I'm in NY for the game, and have tickets for the home section, but I really want to come and see you guys. Having never been to an MLS game, will I be able to come and stand with you? Are you meeting up at Carlow East before the game? In a weird twist, my family are originally from Carlow.

Any advice greatfully received!

Thanks, Gary
St Pauli Visitor
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby kazeroth » Mon Sep 8, 2014 4:04:09 pm

Welcome!!

As someone who has been to several away games, and missed the cheaper option to buy tickets through ECS, I have never had any trouble standing with the away support. Generally you just get lost in the mob of green shirts swept into the section
kazeroth
Past ECS Member

Unread postby futbolgirl » Mon Sep 8, 2014 4:13:18 pm

St Pauli Visitor wrote:Hey,

I'm an FC St Pauli (Hamburg, Deutschland Zweite Bundesliga) fan, originally from Yorkshire, England, and some years ago "chose" the Sounders as my MLS team. I'm in NY for the game, and have tickets for the home section, but I really want to come and see you guys. Having never been to an MLS game, will I be able to come and stand with you? Are you meeting up at Carlow East before the game? In a weird twist, my family are originally from Carlow.

Thanks, Gary

You are very welcome to stand with us. We will be starting our day at Carlow East (85th & Lex). If you have the time, Carlow East is also planning a bus trip to and from Philadelphia for the US Open Cup Final on Tuesday the 16th. We play the Union for the cup, and for the first of four tickets to the CONCACAF Champions League. Contact the bar for more details.
futbolgirl
ECS Co-President

Unread postby crashml » Mon Sep 8, 2014 9:40:33 pm

Count me in. The rave green daugther is at Fordham but insists on going to the Fordham v. Columbia game instead of joining the ECS invasion of New Jersey. - See you guys at Carlow East (better reload my old Metro Card).
crashml
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby St Pauli Visitor » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:23:40 pm

futbolgirl wrote:
St Pauli Visitor wrote:Hey,

Thanks, Gary

You are very welcome to stand with us. We will be starting our day at Carlow East (85th & Lex). If you have the time, Carlow East is also planning a bus trip to and from Philadelphia for the US Open Cup Final on Tuesday the 16th. We play the Union for the cup, and for the first of four tickets to the CONCACAF Champions League. Contact the bar for more details.

Thanks so much to Kazeroth and you for the replies. Really interested in the trip to Philly too, I arrive at JFK at 1400 that day, so by the time I've cleared immigration etc I guess I'd be too late for that? Anyway, see you in Carlow East before the NYRB game. I guess you all know the PATH is suspended for that game? (sorry if I'm being daft ;-) )
St Pauli Visitor
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby bmvaughn » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:33:17 pm

St Pauli Visitor wrote:I guess you all know the PATH is suspended for that game? (sorry if I'm being daft ;-) )

It's just the WTC-Journal Square (Red) line that's down on the weekends. So you'll transfer at Journal Square for that match.

Pretty straightforward to take the Yellow Path from 14th, 23rd, or 33rd to Journal Square. Yeah, it's not as nice as taking the PATH from WTC (since it's 2 connections rather than 1), but it'll suffice :lol:
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips