Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - FC Dallas - 9/24/2014

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby mikewarbington » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:32:44 pm

iraqdaddy05 wrote:Its funny you say that because our group down here had a flag we flew, and in the end area was the Sounders group with drums and flags. Didnt seem like the sanctions were there for the first game this year. Our Seattle group down here will maintain our support with flags and other stuff without an affiliation with the ECS. It's pretty disappointing that this happened, I didn't realize the group was like this I am not an official member yet and will hold off until after than.

You must not have been at the same match I was at in Dallas earlier this year, because those of us in the away section for that match most definitely did not have drums or flags. When we did the "Boom Boom Clap" we literally just had a guy shouting "Boom Boom!"

There were at least a couple of other Sounders fans seated elsewhere in the stadium who WERE allowed entry with flags but they were not seated with the away supporters. (As an aside, they were Seahawks flags, which irritated me to no end even as a Seahawks fan. If you show up to a Sounders match, show up to support the Sounders.)
mikewarbington
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby iraqdaddy05 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:17:57 pm

I was with one of those other groups and one of the guys near me had a 12 flag. I do not know of a Sounders group down here, but would love to keep in touch with fellow Sounders fans for when they come down here again. The Seahawks do like having pics of the 12 man flag around and about so down in Dallas would be one of those. The Seahawks group is much larger, this is the first time ive been in contact with Sounders fans. I look forward to the game tonite and meeting more Sounders fans.
iraqdaddy05
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby iraqdaddy05 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:24:17 pm

Look forward to meeting everyone tonite, I have been stuck down here in Texas for 15 years. I attended the first game this year and will attend tonite with about 5-6 others. We are Huge Seahawks fans and are starting to catch on with the Soccer, we are coming tonite to watch our Sounders again. Hoping maybe meeting other Huge Sounders fans may help the team catch on down here. I'm not a big soccer fan but support my Seattle teams. Go Sounders
iraqdaddy05
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Away Trips