Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

MATCH DAY PLAN | VAN AWAY 7/5/2014

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby futbolgirl » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:15:20 pm

It's time to once again take our FREEDOM SHOW on the road.

Please Note: Due to the extraordinary traffic we encountered during the last holiday weekend, we are leaving a full hour earlier than last trip.

If you selected Tacoma as your pickup location:
Be at the pickup location SR512/I5 Park and Ride (address: 10617 S. Tacoma Way, Tacoma) NO LATER than 09:45. The buses will leave promptly at 10:00 and they WILL leave without you.

Tacoma.jpg
Tacoma.jpg (48.89 KiB) Viewed 3087 times

If you selected Seattle as your pickup location:
Be at the Northgate Park & Ride (address: 10200 1st Ave. NE) near NE 103rd St. & 1st Ave NO LATER than 10:45. The buses will leave promptly at 11:15 and they WILL leave without you.

Northgate.jpg
Northgate.jpg (57.07 KiB) Viewed 3087 times

If you selected Bellingham as your pickup location:
Be at the Copper Hog (address: 1327 North State Street) out front NO LATER than 12:45. The buses will leave promptly at 13:00 PM and they WILL leave without you.

Bellingham.jpg
Bellingham.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 3087 times

If you are driving up on your own:
You must meet the buses to pick up your tickets. The buses will be parking in ImPark Lot #563. We are entering at Gate C. YOU NEED TO BE AT ImPark Lot #563 BY 17:00 TO ENSURE YOU ARE ABLE TO PICK UP YOUR TICKET. ECS is going in as a group, and tickets will not be left at will-call. You will not be able to park in the same lot as the buses. Other lots have been included on the map for your convenience. LEAVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME TO PARK AND MEET THE BUS.

Impark Arena Event Parking Map.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU MUST BRING YOUR PASSPORT/PASSPORT CARD/ENHANCED DL

The buses will NOT be making a food stop. You might get hungry. Bring food to eat. Bring drinks too. NO GLASS.

We will arrive at BC Place at 17:00. ECS Security and Tifo crew will go in first.

We are then passing through security together and entering the stadium. Ours section is Section 218/219. All seats are to be treated as GA. AT NO TIME IS ANYONE PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE BUS/TICKET/ENTRANCE AREA. We don't want anyone getting separated from the group and winding up in trouble.

Match starts at 19:00. Go mental for 90+ minutes and never let up. NEVER LET UP. Don't drink so much that you get sloppy and give anything less than your best. YOUR BEST IS EXPECTED. You should work to exceed that.

We'll be held in the section for 20-30 minutes post match. Do not wander off. Do not attempt to leave. We will walk out in numbers.

Get back on the bus (the same bus you rode up in, please) and we'll head home. ETA in Seattle is 2:00 or so. Tacoma will be a bit later. Even travel monkeys have to respect the time space continuum.

You should expect that you will be under surveillance at all times while at BC Place and conduct yourselves accordingly. There will be security everywhere that you can see. There will be plainclothes officers everywhere that you may or may not see. There will be cameras trained on you wherever you are that you will not see. BEHAVE AS THOUGH YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, BECAUSE YOU ARE.

Up the Sounders! Up the ECS!
futbolgirl
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Sounderwhitt » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:42:12 pm

Any idea why we are leaving all places so early? We are allowing four hours to get from Bellingham to YVR - that seems like a lot of time? Haven't done this trip before so maybe customs is slow?
Sounderwhitt
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Sounderwhitt » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:43:56 pm

Will the Holland vs. Costa Rica quarter final game be showing on the buses?
Sounderwhitt
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Wed Jul 2, 2014 10:53:08 pm

Sounderwhitt wrote:Any idea why we are leaving all places so early? We are allowing four hours to get from Bellingham to YVR - that seems like a lot of time? Haven't done this trip before so maybe customs is slow?

We are required to be in stadium 2 hrs ahead of kickoff. As explained above we left an hour later last time and it being a holiday weekend traffic was awful and it took quite a bit of time to cross border. Have to leave earlier to allot for extra time needed on a holiday weekend.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby mstaton » Thu Jul 3, 2014 1:57:18 pm

It's a good idea to schedule a long time for the trip up. When I drove up for the game in May the border crossing was over 90 minutes at Blaine.
mstaton
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby freddyrivas » Thu Jul 3, 2014 4:07:00 pm

Sounders VS Whitecaps on July 5, 2014

I have some extra tickets available for this matchup. I had some people bail on us. $50 each ticket.

I work in the Seattle downtown area.

email me if interested: freddyrivas@hotmail.com

Thanks and GO SOUNDERS!!
freddyrivas
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby bppalmer » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:59:28 pm

I don't have a cable account and can't watch the NEDvCRC game on my phone on the bus.

Match-only tix were sold out and I bought a bus/match ticket, but didn't think we'd be leaving so early as to virtually miss the WC games. Is it possible for me to just meet up with the other match-only people at 5pm? That way I can watch the WC on my own in BC. Totally fine having paid for bus and not taking it, as long as I can just get my ticket.

Sounderwhitt wrote:Will the Holland vs. Costa Rica quarter final game be showing on the buses?
bppalmer
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Fri Jul 4, 2014 4:06:01 pm

bppalmer wrote:I don't have a cable account and can't watch the NEDvCRC game on my phone on the bus.

Match-only tix were sold out and I bought a bus/match ticket, but didn't think we'd be leaving so early as to virtually miss the WC games. Is it possible for me to just meet up with the other match-only people at 5pm? That way I can watch the WC on my own in BC. Totally fine having paid for bus and not taking it, as long as I can just get my ticket.

Check your PMs
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Return to Away Trips