Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Chicago - 7/11/15

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby JKen75 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:41:32 am

Will there be anyone selling ECS memberships at the pre-func?
JKen75
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Woodard » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:37:55 am

I've decided to go at the last minute. Will be driving in from Madison, WI area. Can I buy a ticket at walkup that will let me sit with you folks? Any recommendations?
Woodard
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Antiei30 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:06:43 am

You can buy a ticket at walk up. Can't guarantee that space will be available in out section.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby uwmike » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:23:32 am

Bringing 3 newbies today. Will there be song cards?
uwmike
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bougiehoolie » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:05:30 pm

uwmike wrote:Bringing 3 newbies today. Will there be song cards?

I have a number of them as do others, but they go fast! We'll announce something pre match or in the lot.
bougiehoolie
ECS Co-President

Unread postby uwmike » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:16:58 pm

bougiehoolie wrote:

I have a number of them as do others, but they go fast! We'll announce something pre match or in the lot.

Okay I need to get my tickets from will call which I'll do before 6, where should I go after that?
uwmike
Past ECS Member

Unread postby EricFuel » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:23:49 pm

uwmike wrote:
bougiehoolie wrote:

Okay I need to get my tickets from will call which I'll do before 6, where should I go after that?

Will call is at the north side of the field. Not too far from the visitor lot. If you are coming to the tailgate, one of us will be able to help too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and cheering our boys on.
EricFuel
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby icedcold » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:10:29 pm

Just wanted to give a brief shoutout to the away crew of this game. As we all know the game itself was atrocious but the support in the stands was top notch. I have been to my fair share of away games and haven't had any as vocal and responsive as the men and women there on Saturday night. I've mentioned this on twitter and also shouted it swearily after the final whistle. Everyone there got noticeably louder after we went down in the 92nd freaking minute, whether it was out of anger, frustration or sheer obstinance the volume level just kept rising . They screamed and yelled with defiance and ignored the braying Chicagoan assclowns surrounding us. Joel and Jerry kept urging us all on with Duwamish Sown till the final whistle when we immediately broke out with We Love You Sounders It was freaking beautiful. That's a sign that ECS members get it.
Couldn't be prouder to have stood and sung with the crew supporting Seattle that night.
Losing sucks, but everyone in our section can hold their heads high and know that they did their utmost to urge our depleted boys to victory.
icedcold
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby EricFuel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:36:03 pm

icedcold wrote:Just wanted to give a brief shoutout to the away crew of this game. As we all know the game itself was atrocious but the support in the stands was top notch. I have been to my fair share of away games and haven't had any as vocal and responsive as the men and women there on Saturday night. I've mentioned this on twitter and also shouted it swearily after the final whistle. Everyone there got noticeably louder after we went down in the 92nd freaking minute, whether it was out of anger, frustration or sheer obstinance the volume level just kept rising . They screamed and yelled with defiance and ignored the braying Chicagoan assclowns surrounding us. Joel and Jerry kept urging us all on with Duwamish Sown till the final whistle when we immediately broke out with We Love You Sounders It was freaking beautiful. That's a sign that ECS members get it.
Couldn't be prouder to have stood and sung with the crew supporting Seattle that night.
Losing sucks, but everyone in our section can hold their heads high and know that they did their utmost to urge our depleted boys to victory.

I am still hoarse! I couldn't have said this any better! Thanks to Eileen, Joel, Jerry and everyone for working so hard on this.
EricFuel
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bougiehoolie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:37:38 pm

icedcold wrote:Just wanted to give a brief shoutout to the away crew of this game. As we all know the game itself was atrocious but the support in the stands was top notch. I have been to my fair share of away games and haven't had any as vocal and responsive as the men and women there on Saturday night. I've mentioned this on twitter and also shouted it swearily after the final whistle. Everyone there got noticeably louder after we went down in the 92nd freaking minute, whether it was out of anger, frustration or sheer obstinance the volume level just kept rising . They screamed and yelled with defiance and ignored the braying Chicagoan assclowns surrounding us. Joel and Jerry kept urging us all on with Duwamish Sown till the final whistle when we immediately broke out with We Love You Sounders It was freaking beautiful. That's a sign that ECS members get it.

Well said. Thanks for posting this. Had a great time with the crew this weekend and loved everyone's passion.
bougiehoolie
ECS Co-President

Unread postby joelproHH » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:43:48 pm

You deserve a lot of credit also, Jake. Chicago's a tough away section to lead without someone halfway up helping keep everyone going. Certainly much easier leading from the front when I see you going bonkers up there. At one point, holding on to the railing and waving the flag you looked like a crazy pirate :P
joelproHH
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ajg2345 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:50:10 pm

My Wife and I had so much fun - the outcome sucked but we didn't stop, not even little teenagers throwing fries at us could get us down!! I am also proud to have been able to show the players families that the team is loved outside of Seattle and that regardless of the outcome we don't get down on our team as a supporter our first job is to support win or lose. Our second job is to piss off the fans from the other team - No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us. WE DON'T CARE WE ARE SOUNDERS MIGHTY SOUNDERS WE ARE SOUNDERS FROM BROUGHAM END!!!
ajg2345
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bmvaughn » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:54:04 pm

Just a note when there are issues with home fans at away matches - notify ECS Security or the ECS Travel Monkey and they will manage with the home security crew; that happened at this match (french fry girl got a talking to from mama among others) so good work crew!
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ajg2345 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:09:20 pm

Yep at first when it was just a fry or 2 we didn't really care but then it started getting worse and Eileen quickly stepped in and put an end to that - she was up to the top getting security before anyone realized it, she was totally awesome!! One thing that I would really question is the Fire ticket people putting groups of kids soccer teams right next to the traveling fans that just isn't smart the shocked faces of some of the teens the first time "we don't hear a fucking thing" was screamed was priceless!!
ajg2345
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bmvaughn » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:13:15 pm

ajg2345 wrote:Yep at first when it was just a fry or 2 we didn't really care but then it started getting worse and Eileen quickly stepped in and put an end to that - she was up to the top getting security before anyone realized it, she was totally awesome!! One thing that I would really question is the Fire ticket people putting groups of kids soccer teams right next to the traveling fans that just isn't smart the shocked faces of some of the teens the first time "we don't hear a fucking thing" was screamed was priceless!!

It's not just Chicago, many clubs do that because we're often in the cheap/undesirable seats which they try to sell groups next to. We bring it up every year on our planning calls with the clubs, but some don't get it. Denver has gotten better
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips