Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Portland - 6/28/15

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby bmvaughn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:59:15 pm

Headed back down to Washington's Tijuana in late June.

Cascadia 3-pack is available on Saturday 2/14:
https://www.weareecs.com/shop/categorie ... three-pack

Tickets will initially be available only to current 2015 ECS Members.

Individual bus/match combo and match-only tickets will be made available in the future.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby eglass » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:50:18 pm

Planning our first trip to an away game(s) this year and have some questions. I have sat all over the stadium in Seattle and depending on my mood like different sections. I will be in full Sounders gear but we would like to be able to see the entire game. This wasn't possible in the 2 games I sat in the ECS section last year. It was great for what I wanted those games but not sure the people I will travel with would enjoy it. Is it safe to site in other sections in Portland or Vancouver? Is the Stadium really so bad that we might as well suck it up and just jump in with you guys because the view will suck either way?
eglass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby futbolgirl » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:12:11 am

I'm not sure many on this forum can advise you. After all, you are asking ECS members about not being in the ECS section.

Good luck!
futbolgirl
ECS Co-President

Unread postby eglass » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:17:31 pm

Someone has to be able to make an educated opinion who has been to the stadium. After all its all about supporting the sounders no natter where someone is sitting right?
eglass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Bagelhead_Josh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:54:07 am

Good luck finding a reasonably priced ticket on the secondary market, for either stadium. ($76 is cheapest PortSCUM tic on stubhub right now)
You cannot enter a supporters section in opposing colors/gear and PortSCUM's supporter's section is near half their damn stadium.
Whenever traveling to an away game, you should apply simple common-sense. When you are over your head in SCUM, keep your mouth shut.
Also, the best unobstructed viewing option in any supporters section would be on the edges (this should be obvious)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bagelhead_Josh
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby wfavinger » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:39:14 am

I don't know anyone who's sat outside of the away section in Portland, but my cousins have done it a couple times in Vancouver with no issues. I imagine you'd be fine as long as you're respectful. Use common sense and don't let anything escalate. Most people are not assholes, even those who live in Portland.
wfavinger
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby eglass » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:16:00 pm

Do they jam us in some corner in Portland where we cant see? It sounds like the stadium sucks but next to a professional football stadium they all will. Sounds like we should just travel with the ECS and try and find a seat on the edge. Ill pas th info onto the group. There should be 8 of us going. Thanks for the info.
eglass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Maguire317 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:56:53 pm

bmvaughn wrote:Individual bus/match combo and match-only tickets will be made available in the future.

Do we know when this may be happening? I don't have a passport so will be unable to go to the Vancouver matches and thus don't need the 3-pack. But would still like to go to PDX. Thanks!
Maguire317
Past ECS Member

Unread postby fifafan02 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:18:19 pm

Last year I was forced to relinquish my season tickets ($) and have not been able to renew. Along with that, I also have not renewed my ECS membership either but I am about to. I've been wanting to catch the bus down with the ECS for years and this was going to be a birthday (june 30th) present to myself. I've 3 other friends (that i'm teaching about the ECS culture) that want to join in on the fun but have not attended and can't justify memberships as of now. I'm pretty sure I know the answer but here goes the question. Are they able to join me if they are not members? I also understand that getting 4 people on the bus is not the easiest of tasks. If not, we will probably just convoy behind y'all. Thank you
fifafan02
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby McTrixie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:12:34 pm

Fifafan, at the moment the tickets will only be available to ECS members. There is, as you can imagine, a huge demand for these tickets and so we offer them to our members only. In the past if there are any left closer to the actual match, we will open up the sale to members to purchase additional tickets. While we can certainly appreciate that not everybody can afford to or even want to purchase memberships, this is just one of those cases where it's a major benefit to be an official ECS member.

I hope you will be able to join us!
McTrixie
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Leo Henton » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:51:54 pm

Looking forward to exercising the Cascadia-three-pack in 2015. THANK YOU GREATLY E.C.S. volunteers for making it available in the online E.C.S. store presently. It's the genuine article and there is not any. Substitute for the experience.
Leo Henton
Past ECS Member

Unread postby OlyJackB » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:20:18 pm

This will be one of few matches I'll be going to back in the Northwest (possibly against DC on 7/3) as it coincides around my sister's wedding. Looking forward to it as it will be my first Portland away game given I moved to New England prior to them entering MLS. Looking forward to seeing all the familiar faces I typically see who come out for east coast games along with the lot of you. Will be on the lookout for when the bus/tix combo go on sale!
Cheers,
Jack
OlyJackB
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby MoosefesteR » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26:05 pm

fifafan02 - If I remember correctly (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) you can buy up to two tickets with a single ECS membership. The ECS is kind enough to offer a discount membership if you don't need the shirts and flags for $15. My advice to you would be get your three friends to all pitch in an extra $5 and then you could buy four tickets with the two memberships.

eglass- would you and your accomplices rather be verbally assaulted through the entire match and not allowed to wear your team colors rather than stand with an occasional flag in front of you?
MoosefesteR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bmvaughn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43:54 pm

Tickets will initially be limited to one per current membership account.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby MoosefesteR » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:34:21 am

shit. well that's too bad. might limit my ability to recruit new fans.... :sad:

I'm assuming that's the case for the Vancouver away game in September as well?
MoosefesteR
Past ECS Member

Next

Return to Away Trips