Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Vancouver - 9/19/15

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby bmvaughn » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:25:47 am

MoosefesteR wrote:I'm assuming that since i haven't been sent my ticket yet that we'll be expected to pick them up outside the stadium this time around?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

If you purchased via ECS... purchase page states:
Tickets:

You will receive your ticket(s) via email along with a logistics email (Travel Monkey Mail) approximately 3 days before the match. Please verify your email in YOUR ACCOUNT prior to purchasing.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby MoosefesteR » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:26:51 am

Oops! Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
MoosefesteR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby DenAzevedo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:30:09 pm

We have two bus tickets. Please contact me at 360-790-8874 if you need them.
DenAzevedo
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Nate » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:26:14 pm

Will be meeting the buses up in Vancouver and expect to have a little time to kill for a beer and some lunch. Any good places near the stadium (or any places to avoid) if we're wearing Sounders gear?
Nate
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby vallenato78 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:49:24 pm

Looking for 1ea match only ticket
vallenato78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby FIGHTNWIN! » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:11:53 pm

Anyone awake?

I just received my ECS flag through snail mail and wondering if someone is bringing extra flag poles?
FIGHTNWIN!
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Anc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:44:33 pm

Hello everyone.
I'm looking at taking my son on our first away trip to Van on Oct. 2. We won't be taking the bus, as I imagine it a bit much for a 3 yo. Plus he loves trains, and there is more room to get up and move that way.

In looking at hotel rooms, I'd prefer to somewhere near (walkable) from where the ECS will be hanging out pre and post match IF the place is all ages. If not we'll just plan on somewhere inexpensive and transit accessible and/or walkable from BC Place and Pacific Central Station.

When are pre and post bars usually decided? Are they usually the same everytime?

Thanks for any help. I'm excited about our first away trip, but with a 2 year old and 16 day old (will be a 3 yo and 9 month old) I've got to show The Boss I'm doing my homework and that everything will be cool. :D
Anc
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Dannicus » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:40:12 am

Anc wrote:Hello everyone.
I'm looking at taking my son on our first away trip to Van on Oct. 2. We won't be taking the bus, as I imagine it a bit much for a 3 yo. Plus he loves trains, and there is more room to get up and move that way.

In looking at hotel rooms, I'd prefer to somewhere near (walkable) from where the ECS will be hanging out pre and post match IF the place is all ages. If not we'll just plan on somewhere inexpensive and transit accessible and/or walkable from BC Place and Pacific Central Station.

When are pre and post bars usually decided? Are they usually the same everytime?

Thanks for any help. I'm excited about our first away trip, but with a 2 year old and 16 day old (will be a 3 yo and 9 month old) I've got to show The Boss I'm doing my homework and that everything will be cool. :D

Hi there!

Typically, as a group, ECS doesn't have a pre/post bar plan as we take the bus up, take all three points (hopefully), and then take the buses back almost immediately after the match is over. There are usually groups of folks who spend the weekend in Vancouver, and I would imagine if you keep an eye on the away travel thread that will be created for Vancouver, as we get closer to that date, you will start to see people making plans to meet up (though I'm not sure how kid friendly those places will be).

Regardless, I'm happy to see you're planning to make the trip. There really is nothing like going into your rival's house and owning it.
Dannicus
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Anc » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:16:18 am

Thanks for the response!

Is there someone I should talk to about kid friendly, Sounder tolerating bars near the stadium? If these things happen organically and not through ECS maybe I can get the ball rolling. Last year in a comment at S@H I mentioned put together a kid friendly away trip and got lots of people asking for me to post a FanPost when I got the details ironed out, so there could potentially be a few other takers.
Anc
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:19:01 am

We'll have more info a few weeks and a thread for each away match. Travel monkeys are still enjoying the offseason :)
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Away Trips