Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

What supporting means to me

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby dannyboya1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:22:16 pm

I've gotta vent... not the right place, i'm sure. Maybe not even the right site but please take it... I'm so sick and tired of being asked this week by friends, co workers, and fellow supporters about injuries and suspension, and Gold Cup call ups, and blah blah fucking blah... I see this as real simple for a supporter. Our job is about the 18, the staff, and our brother and sister supporters for 90 min. I'm aware we lost to two shitty teams and losing to the best team or losing to the worst team doesn't make a difference to me. The point was never to win every match and the matches were never about "them." I'm disgusted with all this shit because our job is very simple and our job has not changed. We will show up, we will be support our boys (regardless of whether or not their name has made it onto a jersey), and we will do our fucking part to contribute to a victory. We control what we can, we influence what we cannot control but I don't want another bushel of text messages about commentators opinions on our level of involvement being hampered by the performance on the field. I don't care if it's portscum or Chivas USA (revived) or if we're ahead by 10 or down by 10. Last year we came back for a draw, down by 2 with 5 min. left. But that WAS NOT THE FUCKING POINT, we need to be loud. Louder... We need to stay hydrated this Sunday not so we don't die but so we can do what we travel down south to do. What we wake up on gameday to do. It has nothing to do with that worthless piece of shyt opponent or what players of theirs are redcarded or injured or what players of ours are not there for whatever reason. They do their job. We do our job. That's it. There's no conditions of who starts or how many starts they get or where the score is or blah blah blah. Everyone knows that everyone is a fan when their team is hot but our goal was never to be fans. We're not fans. That's something to take pride in. We contribute to a very real, very physical presence that needs to be felt whether it's Scott hearing us for the millionth time or whether it's in Roldan's ear as he's getting acquainted to MLS. People know us as supporters but they always have the same stupid fucking questions that tell us they have no idea what we're about. I can't wait to be surrounded by all my BFF's and forget about all the bullshit that comes before the match and the bullshit that comes after the match. Please somebody give me an amen and tell me we're in this together! Sunday can't get here soon enough. Cheers to the supporters!
dannyboya1
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bmvaughn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:05:35 pm

AMEN
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby shieldk2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:09:52 pm

A. FUCKING. MEN.
shieldk2
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:38:29 pm

AMEN AMEN A FUCKING MEN AND WOMAN
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby ericgi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:38:27 pm

That's the mentality we're looking for :)
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby bgk » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:52:37 am

You give your full 90, because they are giving their full 90. I don't understand how people can get on their cell phones, or leave early. We are present and giving love and energy for the full 90.
bgk
Past ECS Member

Unread postby RatCity » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:10:19 am

Mosil tov!
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Return to Away Trips