Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Club America (CCL) - 3/2/16

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby bmvaughn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29:43 pm

No longer bringing scarves to sell. Since scarves will likely not be allowed in the stadium it doesn't make sense.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:36:57 pm

If they're not allowing anything of substance in... try just buying a bunch of green/blue balloons. Inflate them once you get inside. Should be pretty easy to sneak in unblown-up balloons... inside your shoe if necessary.

Balloons = common color in latin america.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby bmvaughn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:14:39 am

Still working with CA on the away tickets as well as supporter exemptions.

I'll get the info out before I leave on Saturday morning.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby vallenato78 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:48:14 pm

Thanks bmvaughn. I was getting curious about the exemptions especially
vallenato78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby El Tejon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:46:07 pm

Hi Everybody, this is Grant. I'm a Seattle guy who runs the Legion Americana, the bar where everyone will meet up in La Condesa in Mexico City. If you need anything answered that the internet can't solve feel free to ask something here or drop a message to Legion Americana on facebook. There are tons of hotels thoughout the city that aren't always discoverable online, but I frequently recommend Hotel Puebla in Roma for best price and location, there are a bunch along Alvaro Obregon and Avenida Cuauhtemoc too in the same area. Anyway, can't wait, this is going to be fun!
El Tejon
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby bmvaughn » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:52:03 pm

Thanks Grant!

More info to come for everyone else later this week regarding pre-func and matchday itinerary
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:17:02 pm

Ticket deadline is noon today.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06:25 pm

Note sent to purchasers based on the email in your account. If you didn't receive, check your store email. More info to come on Friday!
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Dubsosaurus » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:57:39 pm

I'll be there with a couple friends from Seattle and Denver, and some family from Mexico. I just joined this site. Can anyone give advice on where to buy tickets?
Dubsosaurus
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby bmvaughn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:58:22 pm

Dubsosaurus wrote:I'll be there with a couple friends from Seattle and Denver, and some family from Mexico. I just joined this site. Can anyone give advice on where to buy tickets?

We may have a few left at the pre-func. More details to be posted later today.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:49:14 pm

Just sent monkey mail... details below!

Here is everything you need to know to support to your fullest:

Tickets:
Your CLUB AMERICA CCL AWAY tickets for Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, DF will be distributed at the pre-func described below. Our Travel Monkeys are scheduled to receive the tickets the evening before the match and will not be able to email them as they will be physical tickets. If you are part of the Community Event with Roger Levesque, Esco & Ilianette Strong will have your tickets.

Community Event:
Roger Levesque is leading an event along with Street Soccer Seattle and Street Soccer Mexico to support their collective missions to empower homeless youth. This event will take place the afternoon of matchday and details are still being confirmed. Esco & Ilianette Strong are leading this effort on behalf of ECS and more details will be forthcoming to the group who’ve volunteered to join. This volunteer group will arrive to Estadio Azteca separate from the pre-func group; however we’ll make sure that the appropriate match tickets are sent along with Esco & Ilianette.

Pre-Func in Mexico City:
The pre-func will run from 1:00pm to 3:30pm. We’ll be meeting at Legión Americana, Celaya 25, Col. Condesa, Mexico City, DF
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ameri ... ac090f8de0

Legión Americana is a converted American Legion post run by a Sounders fan that moved from Seattle to Mexico City. They will have drinks and food available for your pre-match needs. Tickets for the match will be distributed by our Travel Monkey crew at the pre-func.

Transportation from the pre-func to the Stadium:
At 3:30pm, the pre-func group will leave Legión Americana and travel via Metro to the stadium. We will walk to the Chilpancingo Metro station and take the 9 train to Chabacano where we will transfer to the 2 train to Tasqueña. From there we will take the Xochimilco Light Rail (Tren Ligero) to Estadio Azteca. It should take 90 minutes for this travel, and we’re planning the timing to try to keep home-fan interaction to a minimum.

Individual Metro tickets are available from any station and cost 5 pesos. One ticket will be needed for each direction on the Metro, and we recommend pre-purchasing tickets before the pre-func so you’re not left behind (you can buy them in packs of 10 should you want to do other exploring). Tickets for the light rail are separate and must be purchased via a CDMX card at the kiosks at the station. 10 pesos buys a card and trips are 3 pesos per person. We will purchase them individually at Tasqueña (buy two trips!). Aboard both the Metro and the Light Rail, we recommend sticking together and keeping an eye on valuables and your pockets just in case.

Upon arriving at Estadio Azteca station, we will proceed directly to the entrance for General Sur. Stick together, do not engage with home fans.

FRIENDS OR FAMILY IN OTHER MLS OR LIGA MX TEAM GEAR OR COLORS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAND WITH US. General Sur at Estadio Azteca is designated for fans and supporters of Seattle Sounders FC. If you or someone in your group is wearing colors of another MLS or Liga MX team, they will be asked to remove those items. If they refuse, we will not allow you into our section.

AGAIN, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO REMAIN IN OUR SECTION, AND WE DON’T CARE HOW IT WORKS IN OTHER AMERICAN SPORTS. WE NEGOTIATED THIS GROUP RATE, WE ORGANIZED THIS TRIP, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. -yes, we’re pretty serious about this.

Supporter Exemptions & Disallowed Items (Important Information):
Liga MX stadiums are more strict than MLS stadiums. The following items should be left in your hotel:
• Belts (seriously, they aren’t allowed)
• Tifo, banners, pyro
• Drums, musical instruments, megaphone (we’re doing this old-school style)
• Other items which could be used as projectiles

The following items are allowed:
• Scarves (we’ve been told they are allowed, but other Liga MX stadiums don’t allow them.. bring at your own risk, we wouldn’t want you to have to leave yours outside the stadium if they don’t allow you to bring it in)
• Flags… without poles

We're unsure of purse/bag limits, so recommend keeping your bag small if you must bring one.

Gametime (Important Information):
Emerald City Supporters is a supporters group. That's important to remember. Our reason for being at the match is to spur our boys to victory; everything else is secondary.

• Our section will be treated as General Admission, we do not enforce seat assignments. Capos and security will be in the front few rows. Everyone else is invited to stand where they feel most comfortable.

• Don't drink so much that you get sloppy and give anything less than your best. YOUR BEST IS EXPECTED. You should work to exceed that.

• Do not engage in any way with home fans. Security will keep them at bay; there's no need to engage in any wordplay, taunting, threats, etc. If you have an issue, notify ECS security or stadium staff.

• You should expect that you will be under surveillance at all times while at Estadio Azteca and conduct yourselves accordingly. BEHAVE AS THOUGH YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, BECAUSE YOU ARE.

Postgame:
As we do for MLS away matches, we will be held in our section for up to 30 minutes in order to give the home fans time to clear the concourse and stadium. If you have to use the facilities, do so before the final kick. We will then return via the same route (Light Rail & Metro) to El Centro.

Post-func:
Barra Fuerza Verde are hosting a post-match function at El Tenampa in Plaza Garibaldi.
http://www.salontenampa.com/

More details on this will be posted in the FB group linked below. If you plan to attend, you’ll take the Light Rail to Tasqueña, then the Metro 2 line to Hidalgo where you will transfer to the Metro 3 line to Metro La Raza and walk from there. You may want to print a map beforehand for your own sanity, and plan your route from there back to your hotel.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17:49 pm

Do you have a Bank of America debit card? If so you can pull out pesos with no ATM fee (just the 3% international fee) at any Santander ATM in Mexico. Don't forget to set your travel notifications for your cards too!
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby balikian » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:27:17 pm

My wife and I always do things last minute. I think I missed a chance to get tickets through ya'll, but are there any still available? Is it possible to buy tickets directly? If so, what section are we sitting in? I'm cool with doing that.

I'm just investigating whether we can do this. Obviously, I need to take some time off of work and find a hotel, but my wife works for Untied, so the flight is free. I'll check out the Levesque thing as well. Thanks!
balikian
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby bmvaughn » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:22:31 pm

We'll have two tickets for you. Find Brendan at the pre-func
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby balikian » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:10:06 pm

Thanks! What do they run? The trip is hinging a bit on work, but I think I've got that covered and then mostly whether my sister-in-law doesn't go back to work (also a flight attendant) and can watch the animals for the day. I think my wife is a little concerned with safety. Are folks staying at a particular hotel? Was there a post somewhere about hotel recommendations nearby? I'll check out a map, because we'd have an early Thursday flight. (6:20am)

thanks again!
balikian
Emerald City Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips