Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - FC Dallas Playoffs (Away) - November 8, 2015

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby rynbecht » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:38:27 pm

Flag poles or no flag poles? BBVA in Houston wouldn't let them in.
rynbecht
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Antiei30 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:56:40 pm

rynbecht wrote:Flag poles or no flag poles? BBVA in Houston wouldn't let them in.

These are the exemptions we have received approval for:
• Single flag poles 6’ tall and made out of ½” PVC pipe and bendable- allowed.
• Expandable flag poles for BFF large flags (16 ft pole height approved). Discussion involved that the flag waivers of these flags will be positioned at the back and center of our section. These flags will not extend beyond our section into the aisles while being waived. Concern was raised that these flags could obstruct view of the adjacent section. If there is an issue with one of these large flags - the issue will be addressed directly with head monkey on the ground, Eileen West, who will then talk to our members.
• Two-pole/two-stick flags 6’ tall and made out of ½” PVC pipe- approved.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby James-Brazil » Thu Nov 5, 2015 7:23:00 pm

Shoot! I wish I was there to wave one of the big flags. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
James-Brazil
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby crashml » Thu Nov 5, 2015 9:52:00 pm

futbolgirl wrote:
crashml wrote:Matt Denny at DFC Ticketing has me hooked up - see all y'all in Frisco!

Crash, when he spoke with you, did he mention that the section would be treated as GA? I know you know, but we just want to make sure that they are carrying that message to everyone who buys direct. Don't want anyone disappointed and distracted from the mission.

Indeed he did stress that the section was going to be "GA". I was quite pleased that he was making people aware.

Crash/ML
crashml
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby crashml » Thu Nov 5, 2015 9:55:15 pm

I have one extra ticket for the match - PM if you need it.
crashml
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby James-Brazil » Thu Nov 5, 2015 9:57:32 pm

Does that extra ticket come with airfare?

James-Brazil
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby crashml » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:00:28 pm

James-Brazil wrote:Does that extra ticket come with airfare?

HA! Nyet.
crashml
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby crashml » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:03:09 pm

Antiei30 wrote:These are the exemptions we have received approval for:
• Expandable flag poles for BFF large flags (16 ft pole height approved). Discussion involved that the flag waivers of these flags will be positioned at the back and center of our section. These flags will not extend beyond our section into the aisles while being waived. Concern was raised that these flags could obstruct view of the adjacent section. If there is an issue with one of these large flags - the issue will be addressed directly with head monkey on the ground, Eileen West, who will then talk to our members.

Count me in the rotation for hoisting a BFF.
crashml
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:09:35 pm

crashml wrote:I have one extra ticket for the match - PM if you need it.

I know of someone looking i will have him send you a direct message.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby DBlackWATX » Thu Nov 5, 2015 11:05:16 pm

Travelers: some local knowledge since I've lived in Fort Worth for 15 years. Do yourselves a favor and google earth or map view Toyota Stadium. It's in a suburban wasteland. There is no public transit (but plenty of toll roads) to the game. You are not coming to a hip urban place in Frisco, Plano or any of the other N Dallas suburbs. If you are used to the awesomeness that is downtown Seattle, you'll be shocked by what passes for a stadium environment down here. (The pro baseball and football stadiums are not much better but are closer to Fort Worth/ Dallas at least). Everyone will drive to the game - there is no other way. Plan accordingly and leave time to wait in the stupid off-ramp line (pro tip: when you finally do exit the toll road and make your way to where your GPS wants you to turn right (quite near the Londoner) you can go straight thru the intersection and turn in on a driveway/side street. There's a row of storefronts, some restaurants, a hotel, etc. but right behind and through them are the parking lots for the stadium. You can then walk back to the Londoner for your pints.)
That said, many of you will have time to kill before or after the match. Go into Dallas but don't expect any Seattle-like action downtown on a weekend. But you can go to the Bishop Arts District or the Greenville corridor (upper or lower, I don't recall) or Deep Ellum. Those are some emerging areas of Big D. Personally, I'd encourage you to see Downtown Fort Worth on Saturday or Sunday, or even better, our Magnolia Ave full of unchained awesome bars, food and artsy stuff. But, it's a good hour's drive from DT FW on toll roads to Frisco, so again, plan accordingly.
Weather should be very nice, crisp and slightly chilly even, as the tornadoes and storms have moved out tonight (for reals).
Do: eat bbq if you can. Fast food burgs - Whataburger, Sonic or Braums. Drink local beer - there's plenty of that. There's some good coffee, but also daddy Starbucks.
As I said on the intro forum, I'm a life long Sounders fan since childhood - watching them play in the Dome. (LWHS '86). I've not ever been to see the new Sounders in Seattle - but this is my 3rd or 4th match to view in Frisco. It's my first time to be with the ECS group, and I won't know any of the songs or chants, so help me along. I do look forward to being among like minded Sounders faithful and giving my energy to the boys on the pitch. I'll be in a blue Sounders logo T shirt, shorts, Seahawks green socks, and a green beanie if it's chilly. I don't feel 48 but my beard betrays me with more gray than red showing.
Safe travels to FW/D, y'all. See you Sunday!
DBlackWATX
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby mrMTB » Thu Nov 5, 2015 11:20:53 pm

DBlackWATX, we'll have song cards to help you along.
mrMTB
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby FIGHTNWIN! » Fri Nov 6, 2015 12:01:38 am

Awesome post Doug!
I can't make this match due to work, but that is great insight for us not familiar with the area. If you find yourself in Seattle know that you're welcome to stay at my place.
Jerry
FIGHTNWIN!
Past ECS Member

Unread postby joelproHH » Fri Nov 6, 2015 5:47:05 am

Thanks, Doug! If you don't already, join the Heartland Horde group page on Facebook. We're the ECS subgroup that covers the Midwest and Texas. That will be a good way to keep in touch with other Sounders fans in the area and meet up for matches.
joelproHH
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby likeaboss » Fri Nov 6, 2015 11:36:18 am

Any pre-game festivities planned for Sunday? Or even Saturday night?

Sent via my robot secretary
likeaboss
Past ECS Member

Unread postby mrMTB » Fri Nov 6, 2015 11:59:45 am

Prefunc at the Londoner starting at 15h00 Sunday. The bar is off the SW corner of the pitch.
mrMTB
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips