Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - NE- 5/28/16

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Cutriss » Mon May 23, 2016 7:50:50 pm

Alright, thanks for the clarification.
Cutriss
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:15:57 pm

No problem but thank you for posting the restrictions.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Anacortes Sounder » Tue May 24, 2016 9:36:39 am

Can any of the Boston locals confirm MBTA website trip planner info:

Commuter Rail Service: Take Franklin Line - Forge Park / 495 To Walpole Station
3:25 PM Depart from Back Bay Station
4:03 PM Arrive at Walpole Station

From Walpole:
UBER
Walpol to Gillett (4 min, 8mi)
$10-14

Post Match:
UBER back to Walpole.

Take Franklin Line - South Station To Back Bay Station view route
10:55 PM Depart from Walpole Station
11:30 PM Arrive at Back Bay Station
Anacortes Sounder
Past ECS Member

Unread postby OlyJackB » Tue May 24, 2016 9:50:43 am

Anacortes Sounder wrote:Can any of the Boston locals confirm MBTA website trip planner info:

From Walpole:
UBER
$10-14

Post Match:
UBER back to Walpole.

It's accurate, albeit I would only recommend this as a last resort given you will most likely not find an Uber driver this far out of Boston - unless by an off chance they are driving someone that far out. I would recommend one of the many people offering rides out of Boston & surrounding areas that have been posting here and in our SSE facebook groups (links in posts above). I would offer rides but I will be coaching soccer all morning outside of town.
OlyJackB
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Tue May 24, 2016 10:26:19 am

We got a taxi to the stadium from the closest (not close) rail stop. I don't recommend it. OlyJack was kind enough to give us a ride back to Boston to save on heartache.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby bmvaughn » Tue May 24, 2016 10:28:51 am

Renting a car or carpooling is the way to go
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Anacortes Sounder » Wed May 25, 2016 9:50:25 am

OlyJackB wrote:
Anacortes Sounder wrote:Can any of the Boston locals confirm MBTA website trip planner info:

From Walpole:
UBER
$10-14

Post Match:
UBER back to Walpole.

It's accurate, albeit I would only recommend this as a last resort given you will most likely not find an Uber driver this far out of Boston - unless by an off chance they are driving someone that far out. I would recommend one of the many people offering rides out of Boston & surrounding areas that have been posting here and in our SSE facebook groups (links in posts above). I would offer rides but I will be coaching soccer all morning outside of town.

Yes, thanks for the advice. Lack of Uber confirmed by conversation with Revs ticket office. We are flying out 'standby', so once we know we are 'on', I will start working the ride-share-transpo issue.
Anacortes Sounder
Past ECS Member

Unread postby iwantabossjersey » Wed May 25, 2016 10:33:47 am

Myself, one of the other travel monkeys, and her hubbins are looking for a ride from downtown somewhere. About to post on FB, but wanted to stick this here too.
iwantabossjersey
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Cutriss » Wed May 25, 2016 8:05:59 pm

iwantabossjersey wrote:Myself, one of the other travel monkeys, and her hubbins are looking for a ride from downtown somewhere. About to post on FB, but wanted to stick this here too.
I can probably grab a couple, maybe three people. It's a Honda Fit so it might be snug for the backseaters.

We live just north of the city and were planning to do pre-game and all.
Cutriss
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby iwantabossjersey » Fri May 27, 2016 11:34:24 am

got getting to the stadium lined up, meeting some friends downtown for lunch/siteseeing in afternoon, then to the bar! may hit you up to get back into town though!
iwantabossjersey
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby OlyJackB » Fri May 27, 2016 11:40:35 am

iwantabossjersey wrote:got getting to the stadium lined up, meeting some friends downtown for lunch/siteseeing in afternoon, then to the bar! may hit you up to get back into town though!

I'll be able to give up to 3 people a ride back to Boston after the game as well.
OlyJackB
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby McTrixie » Fri May 27, 2016 12:27:10 pm

OlyJackB wrote:
iwantabossjersey wrote:got getting to the stadium lined up, meeting some friends downtown for lunch/siteseeing in afternoon, then to the bar! may hit you up to get back into town though!

I'll be able to give up to 3 people a ride back to Boston after the game as well.

Olyjack, can we take you up on that? iwantabossjersey, me and my husband. We would loved to take you up on the offer!
McTrixie
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Cutriss » Fri May 27, 2016 3:15:35 pm

Either or is fine with me. iwantabossjersey PMed me about getting a ride back to the airport. I think the airport might be more convenient for me than for Jack, I seem to recall he lives in the western part of the city, but I'm fine either way.
Cutriss
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Cutriss » Fri May 27, 2016 7:11:16 pm

McTrixie wrote:
OlyJackB wrote:

Olyjack, can we take you up on that? iwantabossjersey, me and my husband. We would loved to take you up on the offer!
AnacortesSounder has gotten in touch with me as well about a ride, so can you guys confirm whether or not you have things settled with Jack? I just want to make sure everyone's all set!
Cutriss
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby OlyJackB » Sat May 28, 2016 4:11:19 am

Cutriss wrote:
McTrixie wrote:
OlyJackB wrote:[quote="iwantabossjersey"]got getting to the stadium lined up, meeting some friends downtown for lunch/siteseeing in afternoon, then to the bar! may hit you up to get back into town though!

AnacortesSounder has gotten in touch with me as well about a ride, so can you guys confirm whether or not you have things settled with Jack? I just want to make sure everyone's all set![/quote]

If you all are set then that probably works better, again I'd only be able to offer rides back into town after the game as I'll be coming from coaching all morning, I can def be a back up for rides back into Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OlyJackB
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips