Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Planning ahead- Jinx Jinx Jinx

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby OlyJackB » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:15:17 pm

Just saying, hoping this goes the other way and the game is at home - taking a vacation back to the motherland to see my new nephew/holiday with the fam (booked months ago) and I'll be damned if the game isn't at home during my last trip home to WA for quite some time.
User avatar
OlyJackB
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 4, 2009 5:55:02 pm
Location: Currently: Alexandria, VA / From: Olympia, WA

Unread postby kallistec » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:34:42 pm

If you don't have a passport or EDL and you're wondering if it is possible: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/where-to-apply/agencies/seattle.html
User avatar
kallistec
ECS Leadership
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Jan 7, 2012 9:31:49 pm
Location: Ranier Beach

Unread postby SounderJus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:50:24 pm

bougiehoolie wrote:
revolution1973 wrote:do people usually fly into Buffalo and drive across since it's only 2 hours and you wouldn't need a passport then just EDL?


Really depends on flight costs and airline loyalty. Going up to YVR AND flying over to Toronto also works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Can someone confirm you do not need a passport to board plane in Vancouver? US citizen obvs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
SounderJus
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58:16 am

Unread postby SounderJus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:54:58 pm

Antiei30 wrote:
Anacortes Sounder wrote:Can we assume that the ECS Travel Monkeys will be able to secure a block of seats?

Yes we will will have tickets for home or away & they will go on sale to members 1 hr after the conclusion of the Eastern Conference finals on Wed.


2 tickets per ECS membership?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
SounderJus
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58:16 am

Unread postby Feueradler9 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:53:01 pm

SounderJus wrote:
bougiehoolie wrote:
revolution1973 wrote:do people usually fly into Buffalo and drive across since it's only 2 hours and you wouldn't need a passport then just EDL?


Really depends on flight costs and airline loyalty. Going up to YVR AND flying over to Toronto also works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Can someone confirm you do not need a passport to board plane in Vancouver? US citizen obvs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything that I have seen, sounds like you need a passport to fly. Although they never say that exactly. I wish they would put that on the main page in big letters...it's too confusing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
User avatar
Feueradler9
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:18:33 am

Unread postby henskerz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:55:08 pm

I missed out on 2016 Membership but have secured 2017. Will I still get access to tickets through the store if it is indeed an away game?
User avatar
henskerz
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13:52 pm

Unread postby cgrykien » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:13:35 pm

I'm flying to Buffalo on Friday arriving at 3:40 pm. I also plan on leaving Sunday at 11:05am. I'll be looking to share a room with 1 or more people and arrange some sort of rental car as well. If anyone has a similar itinerary let's talk. AirBnb has several options as well for 2 -4 or more people. We could get an ECS house, lol !
cgrykien
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:57:27 pm

Unread postby smdiabla » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:59:28 pm

revolution1973 wrote:Can I fly out of Vancouver to say maybe somewhere like Toronto if I wanted with Enhanced ID since I'm not changing countries?


If you or anyone else gets a definitive answer to this question, please let me know. I've got 3 kids dying to go to the game with EDLs (EIDs).
smdiabla
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:54:49 pm

Unread postby kallistec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:01:28 pm

smdiabla wrote:
revolution1973 wrote:Can I fly out of Vancouver to say maybe somewhere like Toronto if I wanted with Enhanced ID since I'm not changing countries?


If you or anyone else gets a definitive answer to this question, please let me know. I've got 3 kids dying to go to the game with EDLs (EIDs).


Cheapest options are to fly to Detroit or buffalo and drive across and those are safe with edl
User avatar
kallistec
ECS Leadership
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Jan 7, 2012 9:31:49 pm
Location: Ranier Beach

Unread postby Yoda » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:56:53 pm

smdiabla wrote:
revolution1973 wrote:Can I fly out of Vancouver to say maybe somewhere like Toronto if I wanted with Enhanced ID since I'm not changing countries?


If you or anyone else gets a definitive answer to this question, please let me know. I've got 3 kids dying to go to the game with EDLs (EIDs).



EDL is for land crossing only, not air travel. From: http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/edlget.html

The enhanced driver license (EDL) or enhanced ID card (EID) confirms your identity and citizenship. It’s an acceptable alternative to a passport for re-entry into the U.S. You can only use it when you cross borders by land or sea.
User avatar
Yoda
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:31:23 pm

Unread postby kallistec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:00:43 pm

Yoda wrote:
smdiabla wrote:
revolution1973 wrote:Can I fly out of Vancouver to say maybe somewhere like Toronto if I wanted with Enhanced ID since I'm not changing countries?


If you or anyone else gets a definitive answer to this question, please let me know. I've got 3 kids dying to go to the game with EDLs (EIDs).



EDL is for land crossing only, not air travel. From: http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/edlget.html

The enhanced driver license (EDL) or enhanced ID card (EID) confirms your identity and citizenship. It’s an acceptable alternative to a passport for re-entry into the U.S. You can only use it when you cross borders by land or sea.


The question is if you can cross the land border (Washington to BC) and then later use that to board an airplane on a Canadian domestic flight, like Vancouver->Toronto (AirCanada or whatever).

Personally I have no experience, but as best I can tell it's way cheaper to go to Detroit or Buffalo and drive or commuter bus the rest of the way. So that's what I'd recommend.
User avatar
kallistec
ECS Leadership
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Jan 7, 2012 9:31:49 pm
Location: Ranier Beach

Unread postby Yoda » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:11:41 pm

kallistec wrote:The question is if you can cross the land border (Washington to BC) and then later use that to board an airplane on a Canadian domestic flight, like Vancouver->Toronto (AirCanada or whatever).

Personally I have no experience, but as best I can tell it's way cheaper to go to Detroit or Buffalo and drive or commuter bus the rest of the way. So that's what I'd recommend.


Sorry -- misunderstood the question. Consider contacting Air Canada to check, they should know.
User avatar
Yoda
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:31:23 pm

Unread postby joelproHH » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:06:45 am

cgrykien wrote:I'm flying to Buffalo on Friday arriving at 3:40 pm. I also plan on leaving Sunday at 11:05am. I'll be looking to share a room with 1 or more people and arrange some sort of rental car as well. If anyone has a similar itinerary let's talk. AirBnb has several options as well for 2 -4 or more people. We could get an ECS house, lol !


This may work for me, might be picking a couple people in Buffalo that day anyway and I need to leave Sunday as well.
User avatar
joelproHH
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Nov 1, 2013 5:39:50 pm

Unread postby crdiaz73 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 11:24:11 am

I'm arriving Friday in Buffalo at 3:40 pm and may need a ride as well to Toronto! My flight leaves Sunday from Buffalo at 11:00am so a ride back would be appreciated as well, most likely looking to leave around 7am. I may even get a rental car myself if anyone is interested should be able to accommodate 3 if I do so. PM Me. Also if anyone is Booking Airbnb and would like to save $25 on their 1st stay and get me credit for doing so please use the following link: http://www.airbnb.com/c/carlosd749
User avatar
crdiaz73
ECS Member 2019
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:07:52 am

Previous

Return to Away Trips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests