Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

MLS Cup Toronto Away 12/10/16- Initial Thread

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby alpenfuzzi » Thu Dec 1, 2016 6:18:24 pm

We are bummed that we can not make it out to Toronto. We need to attend daughters graduation in Bellingham, but hope to sneak out for 2 hours to watch the game up in Bellingham. Does anybody know of a venue or viewing party up there? I could not find anything on the ECS site. cheers and bon voyage to all road warriors..
alpenfuzzi
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Yoda » Thu Dec 1, 2016 6:35:28 pm

alpenfuzzi wrote:We are bummed that we can not make it out to Toronto. We need to attend daughters graduation in Bellingham, but hope to sneak out for 2 hours to watch the game up in Bellingham. Does anybody know of a venue or viewing party up there? I could not find anything on the ECS site. cheers and bon voyage to all road warriors..

Memory serves, the Copper Hog (http://www.thecopperhog.com/) was the home bar for the sub-group we had in Bellingham. Pretty sure they will be showing the game, not sure if we still have a sub-group up there.
Yoda
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby GordonJr01 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 6:51:49 pm

I must echo many others, ECS staff does a phenomenal job. Only been able to attend games in Los Angeles with SoCal Sound up to this point so I am looking forward to meeting so many of you ECS faithful in Toronto. Let's bring this Cup home!!!
GordonJr01
Past ECS Member

Unread postby smdiabla » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:04:36 pm

Agreed: Thank you to the ECS for all they do and pulling us all together!

I'm having problems with my membership and haven't secured tickets...if anyone has tix to sell, please PM me. Thanks!
smdiabla
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Kakaze » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:18:02 pm

Hey all - former ECS member who moved to Detroit and would really enjoy sitting with other Sounders fans. If anyone got extra tickets from the lottery and would be willing to sell them, please let me know.
Kakaze
Past ECS Member

Unread postby NUMB3R24 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:36:26 pm

Looking for any tickets that might become available. We couldn't get lucky enough on the intial scrum to secure them. We are out of Fort Drum, NY. We already have all reservations, all required travel docs, and travel is easy for our family...being so close. We hope to score two tickets, but will pay for up to four. Any help to put me in contact with any opportunity to secure a place at the game would be a welcome holiday surprise!

Saw thread about a ticket exchange forum; however the site will not let me access it. Says not authorized to view/read.

Also, saw discussion about exchanging tickets and how to do legitimately. The possibility that ID CARD required for pick-ups causing difficulty and making sure to keep the integrity of ECS while properly changing hands. Is there any clear speak to read that makes it clear how to do it and/or ensure legitimate trade.
NUMB3R24
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby ganjet » Thu Dec 1, 2016 8:34:11 pm

How does one access the ticket exchange site? It says I'm not authorized. Is there a double secret hand shake or someone I need to ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ganjet
Past ECS Member

Unread postby nick_the_grip » Thu Dec 1, 2016 8:52:07 pm

Kakaze wrote:Hey all - former ECS member who moved to Detroit and would really enjoy sitting with other Sounders fans. If anyone got extra tickets from the lottery and would be willing to sell them, please let me know.

Samsies! Just relocated this past summer. I'm still currently ticketless as well, buuuuuut, carpool? PM me?
nick_the_grip
Past ECS Member

Unread postby FelixForever34 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 2:14:09 am

Looking to Share AirBnB lodging

Location is 5 minutes South of Union Station (the main hub of all public transportation) located close to the waterfront.
Excellent access to all places downtown and streetcar directly to BMO field
You would get the 2nd bedroom with the airmattress
Cost would be approx $70 for 2 nights. (Friday thru Sunday)

Need a Ride from Buffalo on Friday to Toronto?
Need a ride Sunday from Toronto to Buffalo?
I will be renting a car and can offer a shared ride to and from Toronto, would be relatively cheap.

NOTE: do not have to do both....
Can be 1 night or 2 nights
Buffalo/Toronto round trip via car, or one way.

Feel free to contact me
FelixForever34
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Jollymore » Fri Dec 2, 2016 9:02:57 am

Im also looking for a ticket, relocated into toronto, if anyone is selling i would be grateful not to be sitting beside those reds.
Jollymore
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Fri Dec 2, 2016 9:04:49 am

Re: this morning's e-mail, I'm assuming the Friday and Saturday described therein are this Friday (today, 12/2) and Saturday (tomorrow, 12/3) not next weekend. Is that correct?

Edit: Reading it again, pickups in TORONTO are late Friday, early Saturday and @ prefunk, right? I think that's how it reads.

Ticket pickup addressed here: https://www.weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28415&p=483702#p483701
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 9:42:13 am

SP The Ghost wrote:Re: this morning's e-mail, I'm assuming the Friday and Saturday described therein are this Friday (today, 12/2) and Saturday (tomorrow, 12/3) not next weekend. Is that correct?

Edit: Reading it again, pickups in TORONTO are late Friday, early Saturday and @ prefunk, right? I think that's how it reads.

Ticket pickup addressed here: https://www.weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28415&p=483702#p483701

The Seattle pickups have not yet been determined (but they will happen before Fri 12/9).

The Toronto pickups will be late Friday night 12/9; Sat am 12/10 and at the prefunc on 12/10.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Hooch » Fri Dec 2, 2016 12:58:50 pm

FYI T-Mobile USA customers: If you're on a Simple Choice rate plan you can still call Customer Care and request the North American Family international 4G data roaming feature added to your account for $10/month. I used it in Mexico DF for CCL away in March. It's fast data, cheap cost, and worry-free roaming. I just added it back to my acct for this trip.

northAmFam.jpg

Note: I tried visiting a retail location last night for this. But I was denied as TMo is now pushing their replacement for the Simple Choice plans, so retail reps are limited to new plan & features.
Hooch
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Away Trips