Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

MLS Cup Toronto Away 12/10/16- Initial Thread

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby mcwalter44 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:18:59 pm

uwmike wrote:
BainbridgeShane wrote:
gerickl wrote:FUCK. It gave me a "duplicate invoice warning" and now they're sold out.

Lottery winners will be notified tomorrow. keep an eye on the TicketExchange

I got the same message... damn this sucks

Ditto... Inventory must having been gone before I could get my info in. :(
mcwalter44
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby nick_the_grip » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:19:40 pm

Well, that was infuriating.

I had tickets in my shopping cart. Went to purchase and the site had my billing address listed as my shipping address (as they are different after relocating to Detroit). However, when I bought the 2017 membership last night this was not an issue. Went to add my actual billing address so that my payment information would be accurate and the page to add a new address (even though it was there last night...) repeatedly bounced me back after only 2-4 seconds on the page, and ultimately dropped the tickets from my cart when I continued to "proceed to checkout."

What.The.eff.
nick_the_grip
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bgk » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:20:22 pm

The ECS TIcket Exchange is a forum on these boards.
bgk
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Eci2422 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:22:10 pm

I had a ticket in my cart, entered my credit card info, then bam, sorry we are out of stock! Doesn't having the ticket in your cart secure it for you during the checkout process?
Eci2422
Past ECS Member

Unread postby zagger24 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:24:53 pm

So what I'm seeing is some people actually got booted from the cart, and some people got duplicate invoice errors, but out of everyone on here, doesn't sound like there was a whole lot of success. When I put them into my cart it said like 67 available, so that was awful quick. Maybe a minute! Anyways, wait and see I guess.
zagger24
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:26:47 pm

Just a reminder, all of this shit is done by volunteers, so if it's a little unwieldy at times just cut them a little slack. Nobody in ECS wants to screw other people out of the chance to go to a cup final. I understand how frustrating it is, but please try and be mindful of that fact.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Hatlessmagician » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:27:17 pm

Eci2422 wrote:I had a ticket in my cart, entered my credit card info, then bam, sorry we are out of stock! Doesn't having the ticket in your cart secure it for you during the checkout process?

In most other highly sought after sales online you haven't secured your purchase until it has gone through. In other cases of online sales, many people could add the same item to their cart and it will end up going to who finishes the process first. Generally speaking, it isn't removed from inventory until the end.

**Disclaimer** I am not entirely sure that is how the ECS store operates, but I would imagine it is so. Also, Ticketmaster is one of the few places that will hold your tix while you checkout, but they also give you the timer to make sure you don't sit on 'em
Hatlessmagician
Past ECS Member

Unread postby mahaks » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:28:17 pm

bgk wrote:1.) Duplicate Invoices often mean successes, please check your email over the next 10 minutes.

2.) We are currently sold out.

3.) Watch the ticket exchange forums here and on FB as other ECS members are also Sounder STH members and have entered the lottery.

Do y'all have an idea of what section (or general area) the seats are in? If not, can you find out before tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday?
mahaks
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby AlaskaSounder » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:30:37 pm

Nicholaus wrote:
AlaskaSounder wrote:I bought my game ticket last night and found out today there is a death in the family. How do I sell my ticket?

Sounds like you will have to physically pick up the ticket using your ID in Seattle or Toronto, then sell it to someone looking for a ticket.

I'm sorry to hear about your family. My sincere condolences.

I live in Alaska and picking up the ticket is not an option. I'm assuming ECS would like the ticket back so someone can use it. I'd hate for it to go to waste. I'll even donate it back just so someone can use it.
AlaskaSounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:34:28 pm

mahaks wrote:
bgk wrote:1.) Duplicate Invoices often mean successes, please check your email over the next 10 minutes.

2.) We are currently sold out.

3.) Watch the ticket exchange forums here and on FB as other ECS members are also Sounder STH members and have entered the lottery.

Do y'all have an idea of what section (or general area) the seats are in? If not, can you find out before tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday?

http://footballtripper.com/bmo-field-st ... #Away_Fans

Looks like 104 & 105, though I wouldn't take that as gospel.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bgk » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:36:37 pm

AlaskaSounder wrote:
Nicholaus wrote:
AlaskaSounder wrote:I bought my game ticket last night and found out today there is a death in the family. How do I sell my ticket?

Sounds like you will have to physically pick up the ticket using your ID in Seattle or Toronto, then sell it to someone looking for a ticket.

I'm sorry to hear about your family. My sincere condolences.

I live in Alaska and picking up the ticket is not an option. I'm assuming ECS would like the ticket back so someone can use it. I'd hate for it to go to waste. I'll even donate it back just so someone can use it.

Please email travel@weareecs.com so that the travel monkeys can handle this edgecase. I do not believe this can be effectively answered on the forum
bgk
Past ECS Member

Unread postby mahaks » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:37:25 pm

I don't see the ticket exchange.

Is this something that only 2016 members have access to?

Just going to generally throw out that I am very interested in purchasing a ticket if anyone happens to get one through the lottery or has an extra.

Willing to pay ASAP.
Last edited by mahaks on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mahaks
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Nicholaus » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:41:04 pm

For those who do not currently have tickets, please do the following.

Keep an eye out on these pages. The Season Ticket Holder lottery starts today and a lot of ECS members may buy extra tickets if possible for other ECS members who are going. Keep in mind we want as many of us to go as possible, and I know in my group we have 6 season tickets so we're hoping at least a few of us win the lottery. There's also still the Toronto general on sale if you just want to get there and are okay with not being in our section.

For those of you new to the forums, welcome and if you didn't get tickets yet, please understand the limitations of a volunteer organization who are doing the best to provide as many people as possible with tickets. If it wasn't for the work that the leadership puts in, we wouldn't have even had the ~365 tickets that were sold. I strongly suspect that that the other Sounders Supporters Groups (ie: Gorilla FC) did not get as many tickets. They are doing the best under the circumstances.

Hay fe!
Last edited by Nicholaus on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholaus
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby mcwalter44 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:43:06 pm

Anyone else having it where they're credit card shows a pending charge but they didn't get any tickets from the site? Assuming the card processing was done before the shop collected from the inventory.
mcwalter44
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby nick_the_grip » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:44:44 pm

SP The Ghost wrote:Just a reminder, all of this shit is done by volunteers, so if it's a little unwieldy at times just cut them a little slack. Nobody in ECS wants to screw other people out of the chance to go to a cup final. I understand how frustrating it is, but please try and be mindful of that fact.

Word up!
I don't mean to be sour grapes. I'm a little sore, but is what it is. Thankful for all the peeps running this shin-dig regardless.

That being said, I still need a ticket if I can't snag anything via lottery. and I also am not seeing the ticket exchange thread.
nick_the_grip
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips