Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

MLS Cup Toronto Away 12/10/16- Travel Arrangements

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 1:38:47 am

This thread will be specific to discussing all travel arrangements for MLS Cup- including flights, itineraries, hotels, car rentals, boats- maybe etc. We encourage members to post in the travel Matrix (will be added to this thread shortly). The travel Matrix will help you to find others with similar itineraries including flights, hotels, rental car needs, etc. Post in the comments section if you are willing to share hotel, rental car costs, rides etc or if you are seeking them and if so from what location hearing two popular flight destinations are Detroit and Buffalo-then needing to drive from there .

We know this particular trip is expensive for everyone. The best way to reduce your costs is to get to know your neighbors or fellow travelers. Reach out on a limb and introduce yourself to others even those you don't know. Share hotel rooms and rental car costs. Sounder together and help each other out.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby FelixForever34 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 2:28:48 am

Looking to Share AirBnB lodging

Location is 5 minutes South of Union Station (the main hub of all public transportation) located close to the waterfront.
Excellent access to all places downtown and streetcar directly to BMO field
You would get the 2nd bedroom with the airmattress
Cost would be approx $70 for 2 nights. (Friday thru Sunday)

Need a Ride from Buffalo on Friday to Toronto?
Need a ride Sunday from Toronto to Buffalo?
I will be renting a car and can offer a shared ride to and from Toronto, would be relatively cheap.

NOTE: do not have to do both....
Can be 1 night or 2 nights
Buffalo/Toronto round trip via car, or one way.

Feel free to contact me for details
FelixForever34
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Bathos » Fri Dec 2, 2016 8:11:28 am

I'm going to be flying on the Alaska flights to/from Detroit and then renting a car. Would be happy to offer rides. This would be departing Detroit on Friday at around 15:30. Return to catch the 16:30 flight on Sunday. As full disclosure I am compulsively early/on time, so will leave Toronto pretty early going back. If you are a "mad dash to barely catch your flight" person then we're not a match as travel buddies.
Bathos
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Fri Dec 2, 2016 9:04:02 am

Bathos wrote:I'm going to be flying on the Alaska flights to/from Detroit and then renting a car. Would be happy to offer rides. This would be departing Detroit on Friday at around 15:30. Return to catch the 16:30 flight on Sunday. As full disclosure I am compulsively early/on time, so will leave Toronto pretty early going back. If you are a "mad dash to barely catch your flight" person then we're not a match as travel buddies.

Absolutely thrilled to hear you'll be there.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ScandiNavy » Fri Dec 2, 2016 11:20:13 am

I, too, will be flying in and out of Detroit and will have a rental car. I will leave Detroit about 5 pm or so for Toronto and I need to be back in Detroit at 10 am on Sunday. Anyone looking for a ride, let me know.
ScandiNavy
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby FelixForever34 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 11:51:31 am

Forgot to include my times Flying into Buffalo.
Arriving 3PM on Friday

Leave Sunday at 5:45 pm might be willing to leave earlier if necessary, since I know I am the last flight out.
FelixForever34
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby GordonJr01 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 12:23:16 pm

I am a late arrival due to work obligations and departure from California, so I would be most appreciative if there is anyone heading up through Buffalo that would be able to give me a ride up late Saturday morning. Here are my travel plans:

Arrive Buffalo Airport at 10:50, Saturday
Have single bed guest house reserved near downtown but will gladly go in on a hotel room with someone (would share the bed too, I'm not picky)
Will be sitting in the ECS section, so would have to be at the stadium early for entry (hope to get in early enough to get to the pre-func)
Depart Toronto area no later than 12:00 on Sunday to catch a 3:20 PM flight out of Buffalo

Anyone arriving around a similar time feel free to PM me as I am also willing to coordinate a rental car and drive a group of us up. Whatever it takes to get us to the game!
GordonJr01
Past ECS Member

Unread postby mahaks » Fri Dec 2, 2016 1:00:07 pm

Is anyone planning on making the drive from Detroit to Toronto on Saturday??

Would appreciate a lift - happy to pitch in $$ for car rental/gas/snacks/etc.
mahaks
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby DCSounder » Fri Dec 2, 2016 2:29:31 pm

:D In case anyone read my earlier post on the first topic, I am now no longer driving up from the Washington DC area. Hectic flight schedule, staying close to YYZ, but otherwise I'll bring my voice and give it my full 90. :D
DCSounder
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby ganjet » Fri Dec 2, 2016 2:40:05 pm

mahaks wrote:Is anyone planning on making the drive from Detroit to Toronto on Saturday??

Would appreciate a lift - happy to pitch in $$ for car rental/gas/snacks/etc.

I don't yet have a ticket but am driving from Ann Arbor. PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ganjet
Past ECS Member

Unread postby tcfreddy » Fri Dec 2, 2016 6:18:44 pm

Bathos wrote:I'm going to be flying on the Alaska flights to/from Detroit and then renting a car. Would be happy to offer rides. This would be departing Detroit on Friday at around 15:30. Return to catch the 16:30 flight on Sunday. As full disclosure I am compulsively early/on time, so will leave Toronto pretty early going back. If you are a "mad dash to barely catch your flight" person then we're not a match as travel buddies.

PM Sent.
tcfreddy
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SPQR » Fri Dec 2, 2016 6:44:23 pm

GordonJr01 wrote:I am a late arrival due to work obligations and departure from California, so I would be most appreciative if there is anyone heading up through Buffalo that would be able to give me a ride up late Saturday morning. Here are my travel plans:

Arrive Buffalo Airport at 10:50, Saturday
Have single bed guest house reserved near downtown but will gladly go in on a hotel room with someone (would share the bed too, I'm not picky)
Will be sitting in the ECS section, so would have to be at the stadium early for entry (hope to get in early enough to get to the pre-func)
Depart Toronto area no later than 12:00 on Sunday to catch a 3:20 PM flight out of Buffalo

Anyone arriving around a similar time feel free to PM me as I am also willing to coordinate a rental car and drive a group of us up. Whatever it takes to get us to the game!

Sending you a PM now...I arrive Buffalo 9:37 AM and will either rent car, get in on carpool, or bus.
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bougiehoolie » Fri Dec 2, 2016 7:23:18 pm

There's a crew of us staying at the Hyatt Regency, 370 King Street. Some are arriving Friday 12/9 and others are there 12/10 and heading out on 12/11.

standandcheer and I are flying into Buffalo, landing late on Friday night and likely heading up first a.m. on Saturday morning. Looks like renting a car and two round trip bus tickets are pretty much the same cost, so that kind of settles that, considering it's almost an hour longer on the bus.

We're flying Alaska PDX-MCI, then DL MCI-DTW-BUF. BUF-DTW-SEA on the way home, leaving Friday morning and returning on the Sunday afternoon departure.
bougiehoolie
ECS Co-President

Unread postby joelproHH » Fri Dec 2, 2016 7:34:10 pm

bougiehoolie wrote:There's a crew of us staying at the Hyatt Regency, 370 King Street. Some are arriving Friday 12/9 and others are there 12/10 and heading out on 12/11.

standandcheer and I are flying into Buffalo, landing late on Friday night and likely heading up first a.m. on Saturday morning. Looks like renting a car and two round trip bus tickets are pretty much the same cost, so that kind of settles that, considering it's almost an hour longer on the bus.

We're flying Alaska PDX-MCI, then DL MCI-DTW-BUF. BUF-DTW-SEA on the way home, leaving Friday morning and returning on the Sunday afternoon departure.

I'm sure you saved $, but why you would pick a layover at MCI is beyond me.. great airport to fly in/out of, but worst layover airport I can imagine.
joelproHH
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby tiki18 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 8:05:14 pm

I'm flying into Newark Friday and driving to Syracuse that night. Ill be in the Buffalo area around the 10am - 11am Saturday time frame. I can pick people up on the way if anyone wants a ride. I wont be going back though, I fly home from Toronto.
tiki18
Past ECS Member

Next

Return to Away Trips