Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

MLS Cup Toronto Away 12/10/16- Travel Arrangements

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby lisa » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:06:32 pm

Is there a spreadsheet? I'll stop telling people to check it if not.
Last edited by lisa on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby GordonJr01 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:13:29 pm

Hooch wrote:My Sunday carpool back to BUF just informed me the Bills are playing the Steelers at home on Sunday at 1:00 PM EST. So for those flying out of BUF plan ahead for increased wait times at the border crossing. NEXUS and Global Entry travelers should be able to use the NEXUS lane(s) to ease their wait times.

That's the kind insider information I love to hear. Any idea how long of a wait we should expect?
GordonJr01
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Tue Dec 6, 2016 9:34:14 pm

GordonJr01 wrote:
Hooch wrote:My Sunday carpool back to BUF just informed me the Bills are playing the Steelers at home on Sunday at 1:00 PM EST. So for those flying out of BUF plan ahead for increased wait times at the border crossing. NEXUS and Global Entry travelers should be able to use the NEXUS lane(s) to ease their wait times.

That's the kind insider information I love to hear. Any idea how long of a wait we should expect?

Here is some info for all those driving to Toronto from Buffalo and back. There is a border crossing wait time app.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/bwt-taf/

There are three border crossings between the US and Canada in the area. Queenston Lewiston, Rainbow (Niagara Falls) and the Peace Bridge (downtown Buffalo). Unless you are planning on going to Niagara Falls I would use one of the other two. Much easier to maneuver. For coming back to Buffalo use the Queenston bridge as it will its the first crossing you will encounter coming along the QEW.

With the Bills game the lines could be long, sometimes upwards of an hour, but they are pretty good at dealing with this.

Here is a link to a map.

https://www.google.ca/search?biw=1366&b ... lf_pqs:EAE
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Unread postby BmoreSounder » Tue Dec 6, 2016 11:44:53 pm

FelixForever34 wrote:Renting a 2 bedroom Condo at 10 Yonge Street World Trade Center on the waterfront.
Central Downtown, minutes from the Main Union station hub.

Looking to Share Friday, Saturday or both nights
$27.50 per night (3 person split)
You would get the Pullout Sofa in the 2nd bedroom (I would take the couch)
If a "couple" or two people wanted to share, it would be reduced per person

Also
Carpool Buffalo/Toronto
Friday Buffalo to Toronto (Get in a little after 3pm could wait around a little until 5 if needed) (3 seats available)
&
Sunday Toronto to Buffalo (My flight out is 5pm, but I can leave earlier if needed) (2 seats available)

Cost for ride? I am open about it.

Can email me at felixforever34@gmail.com

I just sent you an email. Very much interested in your offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BmoreSounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby BmoreSounder » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:47:07 am

I am driving from Baltimore,MD to Toronto on Friday arriving afternoon/evening in Toronto. I am going through Central Pennsylvania, Up state NY and Buffalo. If you need a ride let me know. I am coming back on Sunday late morning on the same route. I can give anyone a lift.

I also need a place to stay in Toronto on Friday and Saturday night. I am more that happy to share a place and split the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BmoreSounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby MMClark » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:24:18 pm

We only have 46 minutes from landing in Dallas to the departure of our flight to Toronto. We are flying American. Are we going to have a problem catching our connecting flight?
MMClark
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bougiehoolie » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:32:54 pm

MMClark wrote:We only have 46 minutes from landing in Dallas to the departure of our flight to Toronto. We are flying American. Are we going to have a problem catching our connecting flight?

You typically shouldn't, but are they in different terminal areas? It's American to American, right?
bougiehoolie
ECS Co-President

Unread postby MMClark » Wed Dec 7, 2016 3:54:55 pm

I don't have gates listed on my itinerary. American to American. DFW has a building for each airline correct? So I shouldn't have to tram anywhere?
MMClark
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Wed Dec 7, 2016 5:17:34 pm

MMClark wrote:I don't have gates listed on my itinerary. American to American. DFW has a building for each airline correct? So I shouldn't have to tram anywhere?

Yeah, you should be in the same general area. Probably not an issue.

Wait, the mythical MMClark is going???
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby MMClark » Wed Dec 7, 2016 8:33:17 pm

:)
MMClark
Past ECS Member

Unread postby inveen » Wed Dec 7, 2016 9:12:51 pm

bougiehoolie wrote:
MMClark wrote:We only have 46 minutes from landing in Dallas to the departure of our flight to Toronto. We are flying American. Are we going to have a problem catching our connecting flight?

You typically shouldn't, but are they in different terminal areas? It's American to American, right?

DFW is pretty huge and American's presence there is huge. Their flights come and go through 3 different terminals. 46 minutes doesn't sound impossible but you may be cutting it close depending on gates and actual flight times.
inveen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Thu Dec 8, 2016 8:13:10 am

inveen wrote:
bougiehoolie wrote:

DFW is pretty huge and American's presence there is huge. Their flights come and go through 3 different terminals. 46 minutes doesn't sound impossible but you may be cutting it close depending on gates and actual flight times.

This is true, but the flights also tend to be grouped together based on type of aircraft and destination.

So your big heavies going on intercontinental trips tend to be grouped in one terminal, your feeder commuter types are grouped in another terminal, and everyone else is grouped as well. SEA-DFW and DFW-YYZ are going to be flown by similar aircraft, so the odds are better that they'll be close to one another than not.
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby nikkigraziano » Thu Dec 8, 2016 8:17:01 am

I'm driving up early saturday morning from NJ/NYC, aiming to be in Toronto between 3-4pm. Got 2 spots open still if anyone needs a ride. Going through Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo. Driving back on Sunday. email me: nikkigraziano@gmail.com (i'm bad at checking replies here) thanks yall!
nikkigraziano
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu Dec 8, 2016 9:34:57 am

MMClark wrote::)

Fuck YES Clark. Cannot wait to see you.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby crdiaz73 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 10:35:22 am

crdiaz73 wrote:I will have room for 2 people (maybe3) from Buffalo to Toronto as well, I got a full size vehicle. I arrive Friday at 3:40pm on Southwest and my flight leaves Sunday at 11:05 am and most likely be leaving for the airport around 7am ish !

PM me, email crdiaz@gmail.com.

Final call if anyone needs a ride from Buffalo to Toronto on Friday arriving 3:40pm or on my return on Sunday leaving Toronto around 7-8am flight at 11:05am. :D :dano:
crdiaz73
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips