Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Hello from Toronto, happy to answer any questions?

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Fri Dec 2, 2016 11:55:16 pm

Hello my name is Campbell Blake, a TFC season ticket holder/supporter here in Toronto with the Red Patch Boys. By the way I am also an American Outlaw, having attended 27 USMNT matches so far. I thought I would come on here and answer any questions your members with ECS may have about hotels, transit, restaurants etc in our city.

1. Transportation to and from the airport to downtown, there is a new service called the UP Express which goes to Union Station. This would also be quite helpful if anyone is staying at or near the airport. It runs quite frequently, about every 15 minutes. https://www.upexpress.com/ It costs $12 Canadian. There is also a GO Bus that goes to Sheppard Subway where you can take the subway downtown.

2. If you are downtown you can take you can take the Harbourfront 509 Street car from Union out to the stadium. The last stop is on the Ex ground right at it. http://www.ttc.ca/Routes/509/RouteDescr ... abName=map or you can take the King 504 http://www.ttc.ca/Routes/504/RouteDescr ... abName=map
which will take you west, you get off at Atlantic Avenue and walk down through Liberty Village where they are lots of bars and resturants and to the stadium. The TTC is $3.25 each way. There is also the GO Train, where you would take the Lakeshore West one stop to the Ex. Its about a 6 minutes ride and costs about $5.20 Canadian.

3. Hotels, there is lots of choice downtown for everyone's price range. As some have mentioned the Delta on Lower Simcoe. The Fairmont Royal York is right across the street and is actually attached underground to Union. The choices are endless from the Sheraton Centre, Weston, Strathcona etc Just check out expedia.ca, hotwire, priceline for deals. Happy to answer any questions on location.

4. Restaurants/Bars, this is also an endless list with something for everyone. Here is a website that will help you. http://www.dine.to/ The choices of bars, lounges, place is eat will keep you happy. Real Sports is a sports bar/resturant owned by MLSE, the parent company of TFC, Maple Leafs and Raptors. It is across the street from the Air Canada Centre behind Union Station. Its a sports fans dream with a 2 story HD screen. http://www.realsports.ca

There are buses that run from both the airport and downtown Buffalo to Toronto. Greyhound and Megabus is an option if its something you need.

Just thought I would come on here and help in anyway I can with your planning and giving you any insight you may need to make your trip as stress free as possible outside of what happens on the pitch ( :

Cheers

Campbell
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Unread postby Llarian » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:25:48 am

Red CB Toronto wrote:Hello my name is Campbell Blake, a TFC season ticket holder/supporter here in Toronto with the Red Patch Boys. By the way I am also an American Outlaw, having attended 27 USMNT matches so far. I thought I would come on here and answer any questions your members with ESC may have about hotels, transit, restaurants etc in our city.

*raises hand*

I have a question... Can you please call us ECS? ESC are some random guys from New York...
Llarian
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:42:18 am

Llarian wrote:
Red CB Toronto wrote:Hello my name is Campbell Blake, a TFC season ticket holder/supporter here in Toronto with the Red Patch Boys. By the way I am also an American Outlaw, having attended 27 USMNT matches so far. I thought I would come on here and answer any questions your members with ESC may have about hotels, transit, restaurants etc in our city.

*raises hand*

I have a question... Can you please call us ECS? ESC are some random guys from New York...

Sorry for that, was totally a mistype on my part. Would never confuse you with those from the Jersey.
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Unread postby Llarian » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:27:16 am

How frequently is cash required? (Transportation, UP Express, restaurants, etc)

Would love to avoid exchanging any money if possible.
Llarian
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Sat Dec 3, 2016 2:11:58 am

Llarian wrote:How frequently is cash required? (Transportation, UP Express, restaurants, etc)

Would love to avoid exchanging any money if possible.

You can use credit cards pretty much anywhere. There is something called a presto card, which is $6 and you can load it using a credit card. It can used for the UP Express, TTC subways, street cars, Go Trains. I would just recommend having a little Canadian cash for game day in the stadium. Will let you buy beer etc in the stands rather than lineup. But you can use CC for concessions on the concourse.
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Unread postby markullberg » Sat Dec 3, 2016 2:20:34 am

Want to thank you for your assistance.

Have a question regarding the transit system. Looks like I can get a daily group pass that will cover my girlfriend and I for Saturday & another for Sunday for $12.00 per daily pass. It this true and will it then require us to each get a single day pass at $12.00 each for any other days we need to use the transit system? We are not getting a rental car, staying in a downtown hotel & plan to use the transit system to get around town.

We are looking forward to our short vacation to Toronto even though it is looking to be pretty darned COLD!!!

Go Sounders!!!
markullberg
Past ECS Member

Unread postby markullberg » Sat Dec 3, 2016 2:22:44 am

Another quick question. Do you know if they sell any Non-Alcoholic beer at BMO Stadium?
markullberg
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Sat Dec 3, 2016 8:55:11 am

markullberg wrote:Want to thank you for your assistance.

Have a question regarding the transit system. Looks like I can get a daily group pass that will cover my girlfriend and I for Saturday & another for Sunday for $12.00 per daily pass. It this true and will it then require us to each get a single day pass at $12.00 each for any other days we need to use the transit system? We are not getting a rental car, staying in a downtown hotel & plan to use the transit system to get around town.

We are looking forward to our short vacation to Toronto even though it is looking to be pretty darned COLD!!!

Go Sounders!!!

Here is the info on the TTC Day pass. On Saturday's and Sunday's it can be used as a group of 2 adults for the $12. On week days each adult has to have their own. You can also buy one them online and use app if you want, otherwise just buy one at the station.

https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Pas ... /index.jsp

I am not sure about non-alcoholic beer at BMO Field, they may have that new one Budweiser has out as they are a team sponsor, just have never seen it.
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Unread postby McTrixie » Sat Dec 3, 2016 10:04:03 am

Red CB Toronto wrote:Hello my name is Campbell Blake, a TFC season ticket holder/supporter here in Toronto with the Red Patch Boys.

Just thought I would come on here and help in anyway I can with your planning and giving you any insight you may need to make your trip as stress free as possible outside of what happens on the pitch ( :

Cheers

Campbell

Hey thanks for all the info, much appreciated and it's super nice of you. Almost makes me sorry that we'll be taking the cup from you. :lol:

One question, I'm staying in the distillery district, are there good transportation options to downtown and BMO from there? Cheers!
McTrixie
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:20:36 pm

McTrixie wrote:
Red CB Toronto wrote:Hello my name is Campbell Blake, a TFC season ticket holder/supporter here in Toronto with the Red Patch Boys.

Cheers

Campbell

Hey thanks for all the info, much appreciated and it's super nice of you. Almost makes me sorry that we'll be taking the cup from you. :lol:

One question, I'm staying in the distillery district, are there good transportation options to downtown and BMO from there? Cheers!

My view is the 90 minutes on the pitch are the one thing we can't control, it is just up to us to be loud and proud for our respective side and at the end of the day their is a winner and a loser. ( : From the distillery district to downtown and over to BMO is quite easy. You can actually walk north up Parliment Street to King and get the King Street and get the Street car west and a lot of them will take you direct to Atlantic Avenue, which is a 5-10 minute walk south to the stadium, you will actually see the roof walking down. Just ask the driver to make sure it goes as west as Atlantic and does not short turn beforehand. Here is the link for all the transportation info to get out of the area. Plus the Christmas Festival is going on right now in the Distillery District , it is quite something to see if you have time. Please let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help.

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/directions.html
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Unread postby RatCity » Sat Dec 3, 2016 12:35:59 pm

RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:00:25 pm

RatCity wrote:Image

Nice one, love the Return of the Jedi and all the original Star Wars film. Next weekend can't come soon enough. Hope everyone making the trek from out west enjoys our city. I can assure you it will nowhere near as cold as it was in KC for the MLS Cup ( :
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Unread postby McTrixie » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:10:31 pm

Perfect! The Christmas Festival looks like fun, will definitely check that out!
McTrixie
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby mikewarbington » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:25:32 pm

What does parking at the stadium look like?
mikewarbington
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Red CB Toronto » Sat Dec 3, 2016 1:43:16 pm

mikewarbington wrote:What does parking at the stadium look like?

Best place to park is north of the stadium in Liberty Village, lots of places to park. The corner of Atlantic and Liberty is a good place to start plus its a 5 min walk to the stadium from there. You will be thankful when driving out. Parking on the Ex grounds can really get bogged down depending on exactly where you are, Plus its much cheaper to park elsewhere. Image
Red CB Toronto
Away Supporter

Next

Return to Away Trips