Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Desert Friendlies 2017 - Seattle Vs. Portland planning!

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Summers.C » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58:38 pm

I live in Tucson area and have been attending Desert Friendlies/Desert Diamond Cup for last 5 years I wanted to start this thread to begin the discussion for this year. Last years presence was disappointing especially when Portland fans raised there "Star" Tifo! I would like to invite all ECS/Sounders fans to experience Tucson/Desert Friendlies and help in anyway I can support locally! Post any questions/suggestions/comments to help celebrate the Sounders gaining there First MLS Star!

Respectfully,
Chris Summers
Summers.C
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby tstein1200 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:26:48 pm

Four of us are coming down for the Desert Friendly game. Would love to be part of celebrating the Sounders and supporting them vs. the Timbers. Where are people planning to stay? Don't have a hotel figured out yet.
tstein1200
Past ECS Member

Unread postby lisa » Sun Jan 8, 2017 12:58:06 am

I was there last year and am returning this year. It would be great to at least clump together and wave some flags.

Does the SW have a Facebook group, hashtag, or other group presence?

Are there any thoughts of dinner or casually prefuncting? I will be staying with a friend in Oro Valley and I know that area a little bit, but I'm clueless beyond that suburb. I went to Biosphere 2 last year. Maybe there is something fun for us to do on Sunday before we leave town? I will be staying through until Tuesday.

I am probably coming down Friday, but if any activities are planned for Friday, I will travel on Thursday.

When you start considering your hotel options, cross the Catalina Inn off your list directly. That place has the thinnest walls I've ever experienced in this country and the people in the Next Room were having a marriage meltdown until 3 o'clock in the morning after much alcohol because she had been virtually stepping out by hooking up online with her old boyfriend from high school on Facebook and I learned way too much about it.

Alaska fares for flexible travel total around $260.

Last year, the friendly coincided with the nation's largest gem show. That made accommodations tight. Does anybody know if the gem show is the same weekend again this year?

Thank you for starting this thread!
lisa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby mdwhittemore » Sun Jan 8, 2017 1:06:26 am

lisa wrote:I was there last year and am returning this year. It would be great to at least clump together and wave some flags.

Does the SW have a Facebook group, hashtag, or other group presence?

Are there any thoughts of dinner or casually prefuncting? I will be staying with a friend in Oro Valley and I know that area a little bit, but I'm clueless beyond that suburb. I went to Biosphere 2 last year. Maybe there is something fun for us to do on Sunday before we leave town? I will be staying through until Tuesday.

I am probably coming down Friday, but if any activities are planned for Friday, I will travel on Thursday.

When you start considering your hotel options, cross the Catalina Inn off your list directly. That place has the thinnest walls I've ever experienced in this country and the people in the Next Room were having a marriage meltdown until 3 o'clock in the morning after much alcohol because she had been virtually stepping out by hooking up online with her old boyfriend from high school on Facebook and I learned way too much about it.

Alaska fares for flexible travel total around $260.

Last year, the friendly coincided with the nation's largest gem show. That made accommodations tight. Does anybody know if the gem show is the same weekend again this year?

Thank you for starting this thread!

mineral and fossil convention is on, and yes accommodations are tight, but doable, and easier if you're splitting the cost with someone. this will be a blast. I'm stoked!
we're staying at the Holiday Inn
flying out Friday, Alaska flight 614
flying back Sunday, Alaska flight 641

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
mdwhittemore
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby lisa » Sun Jan 8, 2017 1:14:54 am

I'm so glad you're going!
lisa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby lisa » Sun Jan 8, 2017 9:28:58 pm

mdwhittemore wrote:

we're staying at the Holiday Inn
flying out Friday, Alaska flight 614
flying back Sunday, Alaska flight 641

Also outbound Friday on Alaska 614 :--)
lisa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SDpacoSD » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:25:00 am

Hola all! You ask and you shall receive!

Leader here with SoCal Sound. We've put together an fb event. Please go check it out and please share.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1703450966634801/?ti=cl

2017 DESERT FRIENDLY TICKETS AND HOTEL PACKAGES:
http://fctucson.com/team/tickets/

PRE-PREFUNC
When: Friday February 3rd, 2017
220 N. 4th Street
Tucson, AZ 85705
Time: 6PM

PREFUNC
When: Saturday February 4th, 2017
3790 E. Irvington Road
Tucson, AZ 85714
Time: 2PM

More info to come!
SDpacoSD
Past ECS Member

Unread postby lisa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46:17 am

SDpacoSD wrote:We've put together an fb event. Please go check it out and please share. ... More info to come!

So great. Thank you!
lisa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Summers.C » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54:32 pm

Sorry I have been super busy working College Football playoffs and now starting to work on Desert Friendlies and Tournament, But I would like to offer my support locally if you have any questions or need suggestions for places to see or things to do. I have live in the Tucson Area for 5 years and know the area pretty well so can point you in the right direction. I unfortunately will not be able to PreFunc with everyone do to the fact that I will be working the games directing the broadcast throughout the month but would love to meet up with everyone after games or on off days. Last year was a Blast and this year my Grandpa will be traveling down from Washington to enjoy the atmosphere as he has been a fan since inception and also played a huge part in local Tacoma soccer for many years. if you have any questions you can contact me via faebook

https://www.facebook.com/SummersC
Summers.C
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby tstein1200 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:24:25 am

Bringing my 13 year old son with me to Tucson. Would the prefunction activities be fun or inappropriate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tstein1200
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Anacortes Sounder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:44:54 pm

Hey All!

Looking forward to supporting our MLS Cup winners in Tuscon. Especially after last year watching the Scum Army boast about their Cup win, I mean cheat. We were doing our best to keep the Scum Army at bay, but we were out numbered. So with that in mind, rally your buds. Lets show up in force!

Flying down on Delta on Saturday morning for $104 (total).

Hoping to tour the "Bone Yard" at Davis-Monthan AFB on Sunday.

Go Sounders!
Anacortes Sounder
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Anacortes Sounder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:29:00 pm

Anybody got a Promo Code?

At the fctuscon.ticketsocket web page to purch tix for the match and see a window to enter a Promo Code.

I tried "PTFC-SUCKS" But, surprisingly, that didn't work...
Anacortes Sounder
Past ECS Member

Unread postby lisa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:06:41 am

Summers.C wrote:... I would like to offer my support locally if you have any questions or need suggestions for places to see or things to do.

Yes, please! I will be in Oro Valley and have done the only two things to do there: Desert Museum and Biosphere. I've never done more in the city proper than drive up the Aurora Avenue of the Southwest. My resident pal has a broken shoulder so she's not up for playing tour guide. I'll have a car. Thanks for the offer!
Summers.C wrote:... would love to meet up with everyone after games or on off days.

Definitely need to meet up.
Where can we POST-FUNC?
lisa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby futbolgirl » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:52:28 pm

ATTN: The NFL clear bag policy will be in effect for the Tucson matches. Please prepare accordingly.

[url][/http://fctucson.com/team/clear-bag-policy-kino-sports-complex/url]
futbolgirl
ECS Co-President

Unread postby Sonoran_Sounder » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:00:04 am

Hey Anacortes Sounder,
You can try PCJSL as the 20% code.
Don't know if it will work tho...
Sonoran_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Next

Return to Away Trips