Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Montreal- 3/11/17

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Msmart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:48:27 pm

Anyone have an idea of which hotel the team is staying at?
Msmart
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby dLeet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:58:18 pm

Anyone already in town? I'm here with my buddies. We're getting dinner dinner but up for prowling town after. Staying in Old Town
dLeet
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:59:34 pm

Msmart wrote:Anyone have an idea of which hotel the team is staying at?

We do not. The boys are there to do their jobs and bring back 3pts. We are there to support them in this endeavor.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby mrMTB » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:00:57 pm

I'm here- staying at the Renaissance downtown. Anyone want to do something tonight, hit me up. 703-625-0052.
mrMTB
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Msmart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03:47 pm

Antiei30 wrote:
Msmart wrote:Anyone have an idea of which hotel the team is staying at?

We do not. The boys are there to do their jobs and bring back 3pts. We are there to support them in this endeavor.

I very much support them. I was a trialist for S2 and have hosted community outreach with them.
Msmart
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:31:38 pm

I'm not implying you don't support them. I am just stating that Emerald City Supporters is a supporter group. That's important to remember. Our reason for being at the match is to spur our boys victory; everything else is secondary.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Msmart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:40:56 pm

I guess I don't see how wishing the team well before the game would be a negative thing. As a soccer player I always appreciate support, no matter when it comes. Agree to disagree on this one.
Msmart
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby martinrcorpus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:59:36 pm

Msmart wrote:I guess I don't see how wishing the team well before the game would be a negative thing. As a soccer player I always appreciate support, no matter when it comes. Agree to disagree on this one.

Though I cannot speak for every single supporter I do know that many of us try to give players and club staff their space during away days. They already know we wish them well and they know we'll be in that stadium with them. Not all players and staff like it when fans and supporters come up to them at their hotels because it sometimes can (doesn't always but can) create some added stress knowing that there is heavy emphasis to perform or risk fans being disappointed. Since not every player makes it public as to whether or not they appreciate fans coming up to them in public before away games, many of us just tend to give them their space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
martinrcorpus
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Msmart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:37:08 pm

A players opinion on the matter, though I doubt you even care.

Thanks for the passive aggressiveness all who responded, including Heather with the lovely incriminating PM from @ECSTravelMonkey

I won't be returning to this community and will give my feedback to the Sounders Community Outreach team.
Msmart
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby dLeet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:14:11 pm

Guess you're reading Zach's response differently than we would. Seems quite clear the staff tries to keep the players isolated and ECS, having been through this rodeo before, gave you the preferred response. In other words the travel monkeys don't bother seeking out those details. I don't tweet so I have no idea what else was said, but from what I see here, you sound a tad entitled. We travel for them, not for us. They prefer to be focused before the game. Period. You do what you want. No one here will lose any sleep, whatever you decide.
dLeet
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby RatCity » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:10:14 am

Running into players while in enemy territories is one of the fun parts about traveling to an away match. Seeking them out is bordering stocking. The ECS supports the sounders. The best way to do that is to let them prep for their matches as much as possible and support as hard as you can in the stadium. If you see players, be respectful and remember you are representing the Emerald City Supporters. We are not groupies. We are not autograph hounds. We are a positive force. Please keep this in mind.

And remember to have a good time damn it. Montreal is a fabulous city from what i'm told. Go exploring! And bring us back 3 points please!
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16:51 am

Also eat some Montreal Smoked Meat, because I'm not there and can't...
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby icedcold » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:07:09 pm

I know this is a few weeks after the game, but just wanted to say how much fun I had on this trip. Montreal is a great city, and the gameday experience from an away fan perspective was one of the best I've ever had. Staff at Olympic Stadium were coordinated, experienced, and diligent. Our section only had about 30 people in it, but there were at least 10 members of security ringing us the entire time. Not that there was any hostility with the home fans, but I've been to enough away games with ECS to have experienced little to no security presence with a much larger contingent, so this was a super welcome change. I don't know if there's a method for giving feedback to the Montreal FO or anyone that matters, but this was a standout away experience IMO.
icedcold
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby mrMTB » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:19:16 pm

icedcold wrote:I don't know if there's a method for giving feedback to the Montreal FO or anyone that matters, but this was a standout away experience IMO.

I'll pass this along to Jeremie, our liaison at the FO there.
mrMTB
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Away Trips