Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - San Jose - 04/08/17

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Spinfyre » Tue Mar 7, 2017 10:52:55 am

Missed the trip last season due to low budget, but back on for this year. Can't wait for this trip! Now to find proper lodging for the weekend. Willing to throw down on a room if someone is interested. (Union Square area preferred)
Spinfyre
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:12:46 am

chrispatrick8 wrote:If I get the bus option on this one and find my own way to the game can I do bus only 1-way back?

Please send an email to travel@weareecs.com
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby meise » Tue Mar 7, 2017 10:48:22 pm

Fairmont just reduced their prices! It was $230/night and now $189. I called and was able to get the new price on my existing reservation. I am getting soooo excited!
meise
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby crdiaz73 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32:54 pm

Well it looks like me and the family will be able to make this trip! We will be returning from Las Vegas for Spring break and driving down and back, and visiting family along the way in CA. We will be getting a hotel in the San Jose area. Where is everyone planning on staying if you are getting a hotel? I have points for both Marriott or Hilton Hotels to use! Don't believe we will make the Pre-Funk in San Francisco but can try somewhere in San Jose if there is one?
crdiaz73
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:09:31 pm

crdiaz73 wrote:Don't believe we will make the Pre-Funk in San Francisco but can try somewhere in San Jose if there is one?

I just updated the original post in the forum that provides the information on both prefunc locations, the one in San Franscisco and the one in San Jose.

Also, while you are at it fill out the travel itinerary doc so you can make arrangements or see what others traveling plans are for this away match.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Flashmasterl » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:38:21 pm

Hey guys, I'm a fan from Fresno, CA. I am planning to attend the game in San Jose. This will be my FIRST ever Sounders game and I couldn't be more excited! I've been a fan for four years now. I was wondering if any of you know if there will be any way to maybe get a picture or to have one of the players sign my jersey at this game?
Flashmasterl
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Antiei30 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:25:55 pm

Flashmasterl wrote:Hey guys, I'm a fan from Fresno, CA. I am planning to attend the game in San Jose. This will be my FIRST ever Sounders game and I couldn't be more excited! I've been a fan for four years now. I was wondering if any of you know if there will be any way to maybe get a picture or to have one of the players sign my jersey at this game?

I know it's exciting to be able to attend your first match and we welcome you on joining us.

We don't have any info on where you might obtain what you are looking for in terms of an autograph or picture.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby BHpunman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:11:16 pm

Jeff is correct. The Earthquakes always place visiting supporters groups in the top most rows of section 134 (see map image below). The San Jose fans are pretty friendly and there are lots of stadium staff if you have any issues. The hardcore Quakes fans (the 1906 Ultras) are placed at the opposite end of the field, in Sections 117 and 118 so unless you go solo in a Sounders jersey up in their sections, you won't have any issues. The big grass area behind their main scoreboard and 108 foot long open air bar is considered their family friendly 7Up Epicenter fanzone (some activities pregame, and usually an inflatable slide and more for little kids, plus a few overpriced food trucks that offer variety from stadium food but won't save you any money.) If you are arriving early and not on the ECS bus, just across the street from Avaya Stadium is a small shopping center with an In-N-Out Burger, a Chipotle, a Starbucks, a MOD Pizza, a Smoking Pig BBQ, and a Which Wich sandwich shop.

Virtual View Seating Chart -- If you want to see the approximate view from the Visitors Supporters section, check out this 3 year old Virtual Seating Chart that is still available online (ignore the outdated ticket pricing references): http://www.seats3d.com/mls/san_jose_ear ... #/p_134_5/ It takes a few seconds to load, but is pretty accurate for the view from the top of our section, Section 134.

Parking at Avaya is expensive and traffic is slow to move on Coleman Ave. in front of Avaya Stadium. If driving on your own, be sure to take advantage of the free Bus Shuttle (Valley Transit Authority or VTA 10 Route) that goes between the Santa Clara Caltrain stop and Avaya. Many, many Quakes fans have learned to avoid the $20-$40 parking fees at the Stadium by parking across from Santa Clara University at the free (nighttime) Caltrain parking lot, and taking the Free San Jose Airport Bus shuttle To/From the game, which drops off right at Avaya, and picks you up after the game with plenty of extra buses (one of the things that the Quakes and the Transit Authority have worked the kinks out really well). See the map and info at http://www.vta.org/routes/rt10

If you are coming to the Bay Area and haven't yet joined our local ECS supporters group on Facebook, the Fog City Faithful, please do so now! You'll get timely updates, photos, and more! (Private FB Group but we'll add you almost instantly): https://www.facebook.com/groups/fogcityfaithful/

PM me if you need more info.
Brian
Fog City Faithful
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fogcityfaithful/
https://fogcityfaithful.wordpress.com/
https://twitter.com/fogcityfaithful
--------------
RainyDayHiker wrote:I found the supporters section in last year's away thread (134) so that question is answered but I'd still love to know any opinions about the friendliness of the stadium in general - particularly if we are in same/nearby section...

Thanks!
-Jeff
BHpunman
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19:14 pm

Missed the ticket deadline on Friday 3/24? We bought out our ticket allotment and there are a few left in the store. When those are gone we will not getting any additional. So get em while you can.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Feueradler9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:26:33 pm

Don't forget about the travel form if you will be heading down for this trip. Even if you live in the area, you may be able to share a ride or just meet up with some of the ECS family!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Feueradler9
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby crdiaz73 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28:44 pm

2nd set of ticket allocations all gone i bought 4 for my family! :D :nosteal:
crdiaz73
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby jtsweeper » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57:39 pm

Last minute decision to go to this. If anyone has an extra ticket, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just scalp a random ticket and get moved to the ECS section.
jtsweeper
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11:41 pm

As mentioned above we purchased our full ticket allotment and we have sold out our section. Monkey Mail will be sent to ticket purchasers after we have the supporter call late on 4/5. So by 4/6 at the latest.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby meise » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58:05 pm

If anyone needs to sell their Match Only ticket, I would love to buy it! I have game tickets for myself and some friends, but another friend just asked if she could go too. -Melissa 206-321-5541
meise
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby fruitbat820 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36:00 am

meise wrote:If anyone needs to sell their Match Only ticket, I would love to buy it! I have game tickets for myself and some friends, but another friend just asked if she could go too. -Melissa 206-321-5541

Hey Melissa,

I purchased an extra ticket for this I can sell you. My only problem is that they aren't being mailed out until after we are already in SJ. I am visiting my dad 04/5 so for my tickets to be mailed to me on 04/06 is a problem. Can they be handed to me at the match? I bought 3 and I'm happy to sell you my extra since my friend down there can't go.
fruitbat820
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips