Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip- LA - 04/23/17

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby RightFootHammer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53:16 pm

Monkey Edit:

Match Time is 1:00 p.m. on Sunday 4/23; our section is 127.

Edit: Here is the Travel form, so you can enter your itinerary to arrange rides, hotel sharing and the like. PRETTY PLEASE fill this out; it will be especially helpful for us to figure out who is attending what Saturday activities and plan accordingly. :D

Travel Form

View Travel Form Responses

Your monkey on the ground Miki Turner has been working on setting up some fun activities for Sat 4/22 including beach soccer in conjunction with SCS (So Cal Sound) from 11-2 in the Long Beach area and a pre-pre-funk Sat evening so plan your flights accordingly.

EDIT: And here is the outline of events for Saturday.

Beach Soccer:
Location: Belmont Pier in Long Beach. http://www.belmontpier.com/home/

Image

Contact: Hit up one of the Travel Monkeys or leave a response in this thread.
Time: 11a-2p
Details: This will be a co-ed/all ages kick-around. We will have some basic supplies, but if you want food/drink, you've gotta bring your own. The above map shows the general location; we'll have some markers to point you in the general direction, but we won't know the exact spot until we get there, so check this page or with one of the Travel Monkeys (better still, follow them on TWITTER). If you're staying in the Long Beach area, you can cab/Uber/Lyft there for between $5-15.

Pub Crawl/Exploring
Location: Long Beach
Contact: See above.
Time 2-4p
Details: This will be a totally casual thing. After a morning of beach soccer, we'll all need some food/drink. So we'll hit up some of the local establishments/explore the area. There is tons of shopping and kayaking and there is the pier/aquarium as well. Join us for as much (or as little) as you want (some of you may need nap time 8-) )!

Night Before Party: Moonshiners Gastro & Whiskey Bar
Location: 130 Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802
Contact: (562) 225-4834
Time: 6p-you stumble home (in a cab/Uber/Lyft of course).
Details: We've got free cover, drink specials and a dedicated section. This is right in the heart of downtown Long Beach, we should have a great time. We've also confirmed they have the MLS Direct Kick TV package, so you can head there early to watch some of the other MLS games. Some of us will definitely be there early.

Sunday Breakfast: Auld Dubliner
Sunday breakfast for those in Long Beach or who just want to stop by will be at Auld Dubliner. They are open early, and they will have games on.

http://aulddubliner.com/
71 South Pine Ave
Long Beach, CA 90802
P: 562) 437-8300
Details: This isn't anything formal, but for anyone in Long Beach (or for those who want to come), we'll be meeting around 7:00 a.m. to eat and watch some soccer. It also makes it easier to get a group to take a Shuttle to Stub Hub. Also, cab/Uber/Lyft is only about $20 to Stub Hub, so people can arrange rides/split costs.
RightFootHammer
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:30:16 pm

Unread postby turneresq » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48:52 pm

Can't wait for this trip. Flights are still insanely cheap; you can get there for $120-$150 RT right now.

Edit: Along with Eileen, I'll be your travel monkey for this trip. Any questions, feel free to ask.

You can follow me on TWITTER or Eileen if you need to get in contact with us during the trip.
User avatar
turneresq
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59:48 pm
Location: South Sound

Unread postby patr0ck » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:14:23 pm

Really looking forward to this one. It'll be my first LA away, going to be taking my brother with me. Just can't resist these airline prices.
patr0ck
ECS Member 2019
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:06:52 am

Unread postby LC Dustcloud » Wed Mar 1, 2017 12:22:04 pm

Wahoo! This is going to be my first MLS-era away trip (I did do some away games back in the NASL days). I'm not an actual ECS member at this point, though my seats are perched above you lot where I can always appreciate you lot. Would love to be amid the sea of green in LA. The ticket link in the first post seems dead. Is there an updated link?
LC Dustcloud
Emerald City Supporter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:18:00 pm

Unread postby Antiei30 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 3:13:05 pm

LC Dustcloud wrote:Wahoo! This is going to be my first MLS-era away trip (I did do some away games back in the NASL days). I'm not an actual ECS member at this point, though my seats are perched above you lot where I can always appreciate you lot. Would love to be amid the sea of green in LA. The ticket link in the first post seems dead. Is there an updated link?


Bad monkey over here, that was my fault. It should work just fine now.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:13:50 pm
Location: Kirkland

Unread postby LC Dustcloud » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:58:12 pm

Thanks, Antiei30 -- link now works. But since it's still members only and there's no price showing, I'm a little in the dark. I don't mind joining to get in on the member ticket sale, but can you tell me what the price is so I know in advance what I'll be shelling out?

Also, the seating diagram I found shows 116 right next to the LA general admission supporters area -- is this correct? If so, may I assume that everything remains peaceable (with the usual shouting and singing and chanting, of course) despite the proximity?
LC Dustcloud
Emerald City Supporter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:18:00 pm

Unread postby turneresq » Thu Mar 2, 2017 9:05:58 am

LC Dustcloud wrote:Thanks, Antiei30 -- link now works. But since it's still members only and there's no price showing, I'm a little in the dark. I don't mind joining to get in on the member ticket sale, but can you tell me what the price is so I know in advance what I'll be shelling out?

Also, the seating diagram I found shows 116 right next to the LA general admission supporters area -- is this correct? If so, may I assume that everything remains peaceable (with the usual shouting and singing and chanting, of course) despite the proximity?


Membership costs $30, and in addition to getting in early on away tickets you get the following swag:

2017 ECS Membership Scarf
2017 ECS Membership T-shirt
discounts on all away trip tickets
access to home tickets in the ECS section

Great deal all around. You can purchase your membership here:

https://www.weareecs.com/shop/product/1 ... rship-2017

Also, yes, everything in the section remains peaceable (and we have security in the area to ensure that).
User avatar
turneresq
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59:48 pm
Location: South Sound

Unread postby LC Dustcloud » Thu Mar 2, 2017 12:51:26 pm

Thanks -- I admit the swag is a nice enticement as well! But what I was really looking for is the price of the tickets for the LA game to which I would be wearing/bringing all my new swag.



turneresq wrote:
LC Dustcloud wrote:Thanks, Antiei30 -- link now works. But since it's still members only and there's no price showing, I'm a little in the dark. I don't mind joining to get in on the member ticket sale, but can you tell me what the price is so I know in advance what I'll be shelling out?

Also, the seating diagram I found shows 116 right next to the LA general admission supporters area -- is this correct? If so, may I assume that everything remains peaceable (with the usual shouting and singing and chanting, of course) despite the proximity?


Membership costs $30, and in addition to getting in early on away tickets you get the following swag:

2017 ECS Membership Scarf
2017 ECS Membership T-shirt
discounts on all away trip tickets
access to home tickets in the ECS section

Great deal all around. You can purchase your membership here:

https://www.weareecs.com/shop/product/1 ... rship-2017

Also, yes, everything in the section remains peaceable (and we have security in the area to ensure that).
LC Dustcloud
Emerald City Supporter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:18:00 pm

Unread postby LC Dustcloud » Sat Mar 4, 2017 5:50:00 pm

Still hoping someone can tell me the price of Sea-LA ECS-section tix through ECS (prices apparently don't show up to non-members?).

I'm either getting a new ECS membership and tickets here, or buying elsewhere in the stadium and perhaps joining the throng at the stadium, if that's possible. I'm seeing 200-level tix starting around $22.
LC Dustcloud
Emerald City Supporter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:18:00 pm

Unread postby bgk » Sun Mar 5, 2017 12:07:55 pm

$172 on Alaska
SEA to LAX 7:20am to 10:20 AM
LAX to SEA 11:35PM to 2:10 AM

LA Away in a Day
User avatar
bgk
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:41:46 pm

Unread postby turneresq » Mon Mar 6, 2017 10:44:54 am

There are still tickets available on Alaska (and/or Spirit) from between $140-$175 RT. Best to hurry and get your flights scheduled!

Also, Hotel Current in Long Beach has rooms available for ~$125/nt (with taxes and stuff, it's about $140/nt). It's a nice hotel, and it also has the benefit to being close to where we are doing the Night Before Party at Moonshiners. Finally, the Galaxy are sponsoring a bus service from Long Beach to Stub Hub on Game Day, so it lessens the need for a car rental potentially.

Hotel: http://www.hotelcurrent.com

Night Before Party: Moonshiners Gastro & Whiskey Bar
Location: 130 Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802
Phone: (562) 225-4834

More info as it comes available!
User avatar
turneresq
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59:48 pm
Location: South Sound

Unread postby LC Dustcloud » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:56:58 pm

Is my question not clear? Do you guys not want us to stand with you? Hmmm. Let's try this more directly.

***How much are the tickets through ECS for the away section at the LA away game?

Thanks...
LC Dustcloud
Emerald City Supporter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:18:00 pm

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:36:31 pm

LC Dustcloud wrote:Is my question not clear? Do you guys not want us to stand with you? Hmmm. Let's try this more directly.

***How much are the tickets through ECS for the away section at the LA away game?

Thanks...


Looks like we missed your last post and apologies for that. But our travel monkeys are all volunteers. We have paying day jobs so sometimes it might take us a minute to respond. So being condescending is not appreciated.

That said:
Tickets are $31.00 for current 2017 ECS Members. Purchasing tickets in another section & then trying to join our section is not how our section works. We organize a group rate & section with the FOs at away matches so that we can have a safe & similar experience to the supporters section at home matches for away travel. We set out the expectations of our traveling group. We also suffer the consequences if group expectations or stadium expectations are not met. This is how it works.

If you would like to obtain tickets outside of the section you are certainly free to do do so.

If you have further questions please feel free to post and our travel monkeys will respond as they are able to.

Eileen
Head Travel Monkey
Antiei30
ECS Leadership
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:13:50 pm
Location: Kirkland

Unread postby LC Dustcloud » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:03:44 pm

Thanks, Eileen! And sorry -- didn't mean to be condescending -- I'd just posted that question a couple times before and got no answer. Figured I'd ask more directly. I very much appreciate the info, the volunteer work you all do, and the generally wonderful ruckus you provide at games (I love seeing those cutaways to Sounders fans on the TV coverage of away games!).

Cheers,
Scott

Antiei30 wrote:
LC Dustcloud wrote:Is my question not clear? Do you guys not want us to stand with you? Hmmm. Let's try this more directly.

***How much are the tickets through ECS for the away section at the LA away game?

Thanks...


Looks like we missed your last post and apologies for that. But our travel monkeys are all volunteers. We have paying day jobs so sometimes it might take us a minute to respond. So being condescending is not appreciated.

That said:
Tickets are $31.00 for current 2017 ECS Members. Purchasing tickets in another section & then trying to join our section is not how our section works. We organize a group rate & section with the FOs at away matches so that we can have a safe & similar experience to the supporters section at home matches for away travel. We set out the expectations of our traveling group. We also suffer the consequences if group expectations or stadium expectations are not met. This is how it works.

If you would like to obtain tickets outside of the section you are certainly free to do do so.

If you have further questions please feel free to post and our travel monkeys will respond as they are able to.

Eileen
Head Travel Monkey
LC Dustcloud
Emerald City Supporter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:18:00 pm

Unread postby turneresq » Wed Mar 8, 2017 9:25:53 am

We are also looking to set up some beach soccer in Long Beach in conjunction with SCS and maybe others on that Saturday. Would be all-ages/co-ed. Maybe add in an informal pub crawl (basically stumbling to a couple of nearby bars). Lining up to be a fun day leading into the night before party and the game. As always, we'll have more details as the weekend approaches.
User avatar
turneresq
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59:48 pm
Location: South Sound

Next

Return to Away Trips

cron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests