Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Orlando - 10/17/18

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Mavic » Sun Sep 2, 2018 8:56:22 pm

Staying at Universal Hotel in Orland9 and headed to Houston at Marriott Mar...if anyone needs a brew buddy...I can slam a few
Mavic
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby FelixForever34 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:05:33 pm

How many stairs up to the supporter section at OC Stadium?
(This is one of the stadiums I havent been to yet, and it will be my wife's 1st non-Portland Away match and want to check with any issues she might have in regards to walking distance, stairs and standing, not worried about the standing, I can find her seating where she is not looking at someones butt....but wanted to check on total stairs & distance walking from transportation.)

Public Trans, how close are the drop off points to the stadium/ECS supporter section entry?
UBER/LYFT - is a there a specific drop off point they use like some stadiums (if so, how close to the Supporters section)?...if not...what is a corner or location/landmark that I should instruct them to drop us off at to reduce total walking distance.

Car Parking close to the supporter section entrance ? And would it reduce walking distance compared to other options? (Just flying into Orlando the night before for the match then to the Caymans afterwards....)
FelixForever34
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58:53 pm

FelixForever34 wrote:How many stairs up to the supporter section at OC Stadium?
(This is one of the stadiums I havent been to yet, and it will be my wife's 1st non-Portland Away match and want to check with any issues she might have in regards to walking distance, stairs and standing, not worried about the standing, I can find her seating where she is not looking at someones butt....but wanted to check on total stairs & distance walking from transportation.)

Public Trans, how close are the drop off points to the stadium/ECS supporter section entry?
UBER/LYFT - is a there a specific drop off point they use like some stadiums (if so, how close to the Supporters section)?...if not...what is a corner or location/landmark that I should instruct them to drop us off at to reduce total walking distance.

Car Parking close to the supporter section entrance ? And would it reduce walking distance compared to other options? (Just flying into Orlando the night before for the match then to the Caymans afterwards....)

You have quite a few very specific questions. We have also not been to OC Stadium yet either. Our last visit to play Orlando City they were at the Citrus Bowl. But I did find this that might be helpful to you on their website: https://www.orlandocitysc.com/stadium/ada It seems to have a map as well. Otherwise, I would suggest on that page is their phone number and would suggest giving them a call to get your very specific questions answered. We also don't yet know exactly which section we will be in for this match.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby nford » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59:31 pm

I am waiting to hear back from Orlando City Stadium as to whether I need a ticket for my 2 year old. I can't find anything online...does anyone know when the deadline to buy tickets on here is? I don't want to miss it.
nford
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13:20 pm

nford wrote:I am waiting to hear back from Orlando City Stadium as to whether I need a ticket for my 2 year old. I can't find anything online...does anyone know when the deadline to buy tickets on here is? I don't want to miss it.

Found it in their stadium A-Z guide if your child is 3 by date of event they must have their own ticket. All kids age 2 & under do not & can sit in lap of a ticket purchasing adult.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby nford » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23:32 pm

Thank you so much! I couldn't find it in there.
nford
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby nford » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24:22 pm

Antiei30 wrote:
nford wrote:I am waiting to hear back from Orlando City Stadium as to whether I need a ticket for my 2 year old. I can't find anything online...does anyone know when the deadline to buy tickets on here is? I don't want to miss it.

Found it in their stadium A-Z guide if your child is 3 by date of event they must have their own ticket. All kids age 2 & under do not & can sit in lap of a ticket purchasing adult.

Thank you!
nford
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby KingRamrodIII » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57:33 am

What is the entry process like? I will be at a business convention prior to the game and wont be able to get down there 1hr to 30mins before kickoff. I know with Portland games we enter ~2hrs before the match.
KingRamrodIII
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Lefty1881 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:57:18 am

I live in Orlando ( used to live in Seattle. Worked at Pyramid across the street, have met many of you awesome people!)
I already have 4 tickets to the game with my family, have been looking forward to this game for a long time.. am I able to stand and sing with you guys if my tickets are in a different section? We will all be in Sounders gear.
Also, if anyone is staying at the Omni Championsgate - I bartend there at the Terazza bar, and any Sounders fans first drinks on me! Let’s go!!!!!
Lefty1881
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Lefty1881 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11:30 am

Can anyone help? I’ve emailed, FB’d , posted here. Just want to support. Been looking forward to this for a long time.
Lefty1881
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby iwantabossjersey » Thu Oct 4, 2018 1:35:33 pm

Those details are still being worked on. Travel monkeys are hard at work in negotiations with Orlando about some things... More info TBD.
iwantabossjersey
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Oct 9, 2018 10:44:37 pm

Lefty1881 wrote:I live in Orlando ( used to live in Seattle. Worked at Pyramid across the street, have met many of you awesome people!)
I already have 4 tickets to the game with my family, have been looking forward to this game for a long time.. am I able to stand and sing with you guys if my tickets are in a different section? We will all be in Sounders gear.
Also, if anyone is staying at the Omni Championsgate - I bartend there at the Terazza bar, and any Sounders fans first drinks on me! Let’s go!!!!!

Unfortunately due to Orlando's absurd ticket system & the way we need to handle that entry we will be limited to only those that purchased tickets with us to enter with us and be in the section. Our prior visit was a lot different. But anyone who would like to join us at the prefunc bar may do so. Details will be posted as soon as we have all of them locked down in the next couple days.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Oct 9, 2018 10:46:51 pm

KingRamrodIII wrote:What is the entry process like? I will be at a business convention prior to the game and wont be able to get down there 1hr to 30mins before kickoff. I know with Portland games we enter ~2hrs before the match.

Please check email notice sent to ticket purchasers on Sun 10/7.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby nikkigraziano » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:48:45 am

KingRamrodIII wrote:What is the entry process like? I will be at a business convention prior to the game and wont be able to get down there 1hr to 30mins before kickoff. I know with Portland games we enter ~2hrs before the match.

hi! PMing you now. i'll be arriving just in time as well so i'll be responsible for making sure us stragglers get in.
nikkigraziano
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby tmcpheet » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:12:51 pm

nikkigraziano wrote:

hi! PMing you now. i'll be arriving just in time as well so i'll be responsible for making sure us stragglers get in.

So there will be an option for those who can't get there at 5pm?
Sorry, I know you all are working hard for us. Trying to wait patiently for OCSC to get their crap together.

I have a 5 year old with me. He loved the game 2 years ago, but dont want to make him wait hours in the stadium.
Also have another friend joining us who is driving up from Ft. Lauderdale after a "half day" in the office.

Thank you again for all you are doing! Can't wait to sing and drink and cheer with everyone
tmcpheet
ECS Member 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips