Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Vancouver - 9/15/18

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby 49thsounderfan » Sun Sep 9, 2018 5:33:27 pm

Mavic wrote:Quick question about cell phone service. I'm staying three days in Vancouver, JW Marriott Parq , and wanted to know, if anyone, has bought a prepaid cell phone at a Canada 7 Eleven, and used it to send texts back to Seattle? or best way to send texts back to the US, for US based cell companies, that do not have coverage in Vancouver?

Free
** I have a extra bus and match ticket to the upcoming match. I bought these earlier in the season, and forgot I purchased it. if anyone is interested in them, shoot me a PM.

Speak out is the cheapest, make sure phone is unlocked - buy sim card $10 CAD + Amount of Airtime - its then .$15/txt CAD for US texting. Data is extra and you need to buy in $10 - 100 MB or $30 increments 2GB for 30 days. All major american cell providers will have a roaming partner here. It may still be easier and cheaper for you to just use roaming depending on # of texts you plan on sending. Also much of the downtown core has access to free wifi: https://vancouver.ca/your-government/vanwifi.aspx !
49thsounderfan
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Sounder71 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:18:38 pm

When will tickets be sent out for the Vancouver match?
Sounder71
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:49:35 pm

Antiei30 wrote:
atomyn20 wrote:Where do the buses pickup at?

Tacoma and Northgate. The exact details will be in Monkey Mail (an email) that should ship Monday or Tuesday night. Also will repost in first entry of thread after Monkey Mail ships.

Monkey mail also will have your ticket(s) attached.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59:47 am

Monkey Mail shipped shortly after 1:00 AM. As promised it is re-posted in the very first entry of this thread.
Check your email, check your spam folders, check your junk folders and print your ticket(s). If after doing all of this you still can't find your Monkey Mail please send an email to travel@weareecs.com.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby lwalker87 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:32:46 am

Looking for a match and bus ticket. I’m not amazing at using this forum. Call or text me and I’ll buy them today! 801-664-6991.
lwalker87
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby lwalker87 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:32:38 am

I ended up finding a match and bus ticket. Thanks guys. Go Sounders!!
lwalker87
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Orlie » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:39:35 pm

Hello Travel Monkeys,

I'm just checking this one more time. When I got my two tickets, there was only one bus, but the store said that there were no Northgate tickets only Tacoma tickets. Which didn't make sense since there was only one bus that would go to both Tacoma and Northgate. I was told that there was no problem, that I could get Tacoma tickets and board at Northgate. So, just letting you know that I am listed as having two Tacoma tickets but my friend and I are planning on boarding at Nothgate. Still no problem I hope!
Orlie
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:49:59 pm

Orlie wrote:Hello Travel Monkeys,

I'm just checking this one more time. When I got my two tickets, there was only one bus, but the store said that there were no Northgate tickets only Tacoma tickets. Which didn't make sense since there was only one bus that would go to both Tacoma and Northgate. I was told that there was no problem, that I could get Tacoma tickets and board at Northgate. So, just letting you know that I am listed as having two Tacoma tickets but my friend and I are planning on boarding at Nothgate. Still no problem I hope!

Still no problem we just like to have an idea of how many plan to get on at either. Especially Tacoma so we don't hold the bus up. Monkeys on the ground will have the full list too. Both buses will be making both stops. I will update my bus list! Thanks for the heads up.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Mavic » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:50:07 am

I have a extra bus and match combo still, for free...So if no one wants this...their will be one extra bus space. Im flying, instead or riding the bus. After drinking, jello shots, and singing..by the time I get to BC pitch...im about done...So saving my energy, and drinking for 90+ against the scum from the North.
Mavic
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby turneresq » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:49:59 am

Mavic wrote:I have a extra bus and match combo still, for free...So if no one wants this...their will be one extra bus space. Im flying, instead or riding the bus. After drinking, jello shots, and singing..by the time I get to BC pitch...im about done...So saving my energy, and drinking for 90+ against the scum from the North.

I’ll take it!
turneresq
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby alpenfuzzi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48:15 pm

What happens when you visit from Berlin and meet some nice local ladies? You skip cascadia and party in town:( As a result I have a bus ticket and game ticket available .. Pro bono. I hope someone wants to go or knows someone that wants to go. Would be a shame if that seat stays empty..
alpenfuzzi
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby turneresq » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:50:06 am

alpenfuzzi wrote:What happens when you visit from Berlin and meet some nice local ladies? You skip cascadia and party in town:( As a result I have a bus ticket and game ticket available .. Pro bono. I hope someone wants to go or knows someone that wants to go. Would be a shame if that seat stays empty..

I have a friend who will take it!
turneresq
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby DicemanSTL » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:10:40 am

2 questions (first bus trip):

1) Should my monkeymail have included any sort of bus ticket or should I bring my purchase confirmation?

2) Is...uh...the bus stopping anywhere before we cross on the off chance that anything that we shouldn't bring across the border needs to be disposed of?
DicemanSTL
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Antiei30 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:09:04 pm

DicemanSTL wrote:2 questions (first bus trip):

1) Should my monkeymail have included any sort of bus ticket or should I bring my purchase confirmation?

2) Is...uh...the bus stopping anywhere before we cross on the off chance that anything that we shouldn't bring across the border needs to be disposed of?

1) No bus ticket necessary as we have a list including name of purchaser. If you happened to pick up a bus spot from another person please use name of purchaser when checking in with monkey on the ground.

2) Buses will stop at Custer Rest Area before we cross the border. Because all the remaining alcohol on board whether personal or other needs to go into storage in the belly of bus before we cross the border.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby lvelie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:07:42 pm

This is a question, not an answer to a previous question. Is there a space for ECS supporters designated "Handicapped", or "ADA" IN the ECS area in the stadium?? We are driving to the game. I need to use a mobility scooter due to double knee joint replacement...Is there something I need to do to make this happen??
lvelie
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips