Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Anyone in Florida?

Regional group for the East Coast.

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Wed Mar 2, 2011 8:55:29 am

My brother is military in Pensacola, just curious if any of you SSE folks are down there, or know of any soccer bars around the base. Thanks guys!
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby makio » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:07:04 am

Well, I'm a bit further south -- in Orlando, for a few months more.
I've been getting by on watching games online, at the local pubs(the ones airing MLS games anyway), and now the SOUNDERS iPhone app. Hasn't been easy, but definitely worthwhile.
The Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN Soccernet sites used to have a listing of local sports bars & pubs with aired games, but the last time I checked, it was terribly outdated.
I do know a couple MLS-watching friends in the panhandle area though, I'll ask around and find out if there's anywhere decent for you.
makio
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby joanthony3 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:24:32 pm

I just joined ECS with SSE as my subgroup. Any Sounders supporters in the Tampa Bay, Fla., area? Interested in any watch parties. If you're missing a regular live soccer fix, come support FC Tampa Bay, the area's pro team in the new North American Soccer League, a USSF D2 league. It's an 8-team league with each team playing each other 4 times this season, 2 home, 2 away. FCTB, or, as we supporters call them, the Rowdies in homage to the former NASL Tampa Bay Rowdies, play home games at Al Lang Field on the waterfront in St. Petersburg, near the Mahaffey Theater and Salvador Dali Museum. Most games start at 7 p.m. Saturdays with a few at 6 p.m. on Sundays and some at 7 p.m. Wednesdays, like tonight's vs. FC Edmonton. General admission $14 but you can get them for $12 if you hook up with our supporter group, Ralph's Mob. Here are the links for the team and Ralph's Mob: www.fctampabay.com, www.ralphsmob.com
joanthony3
Past ECS Member

Return to Seattle Sounders East (SSE)