Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Help design the SSE Scarf, Interested?

Regional group for the East Coast.

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Sun Jun 5, 2011 8:34:40 pm

kent wrote:Thinking outloud...

I liked the first one with the diagonal bands as it looks like it takes some inspiration from the patch/logo.

Those scarves are looking good. I like the expats but I don't see the East of SSE. I understand about not being able to say sounders but expats without the regional "East" almost sounds like the ASG or is that just me? It definitely is growing on me though, people would probably just assume SSE is Seattle Sounders Expats which is fairly accurate.

Ps I'm watching gold cup right now and Alonso and Galindo are in the broadcast booth I wish I spoke better Spanish.

yeah . . . I had the same thought about people thinking that the "E" in SSE standing for "Expat". . . I am not all that concerned with that misunderstanding really, the group members will know . . . but to adress that concern, maybe "Away" rather than "Expat"
I am even less concerned with it being associated with ASG rather than SSE since the word expat means in short "a person who lives in a foreign country or away from thier homeland". I think maybe patriot would be more confusing as far as ASG goes.
Last edited by DaveFromTheWa on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Sun Jun 5, 2011 8:40:28 pm

How about some Latin on the back with the SSE crest in the middle?

For example =[ PROCUL (C) FAUTOR ]=

procul = from a distance / away
fautor = supporter

Basically meaning "away supporter"
Last edited by DaveFromTheWa on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby finnfan » Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:02:32 am

On the risk that people might think that the "E" in SSE stands for "Expat", how much it matters depends a lot on how much you care about the dilution of your brand. The scarf is a major way of getting your name out there.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby SCTazz » Fri Oct 7, 2011 8:40:25 am

Bump
SCTazz
Past ECS Member

Unread postby kent » Fri Oct 7, 2011 6:06:32 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:This is my first attempt:

Kind of bland, any suggestions? I used SSE instead of the full group name to avoid using 'Sounders'

I like the two colored one with dave's latin writing on one side on one side?
DaveFromTheWa wrote:How about some Latin on the back with the SSE crest in the middle?

For example =[ PROCUL (C) FAUTOR ]=

procul = from a distance / away
fautor = supporter

Basically meaning "away supporter"
kent
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Fri Oct 7, 2011 10:47:49 pm

HOLY CRAP I WAS ABLE TO LOG ON!!!

Anyway... I like the diagonal 3 color look with the SSE text in the middle, also having the ECS and SSE crests on the ends. For the opposite side I think the SSE crest in the middle of the Latin phrase works well. But rather than the ECS & SSE crests on the end, maybe just use the SSE & ECS text. I also think the background color of the side with the Latin should be a solid Rave Green... The Rave Green has been our bread and butter when it comes to finding one another at away matches... It just makes us stand out that much more to other Sounders Supporters and our boys on the pitch.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby reasonbass » Sat Oct 8, 2011 12:03:36 am

Couple of lessons learned from West Sound Armada's scarf adventure over the last two seasons...

1.) Do not us store4fans.com
They do brilliant flags (some of which are used by ECS), but they totally hosed our scarves. I've got 30 useless scarves in my attic from our 2010 attempt that are somewhere in between rave green and electricity yellow in color. Quality was shit as well. They are the only one I've found that will produce small runs of scarves...but it's a matter of sending a big chunk of change to eastern europe and hoping for the best.

2.) Do use ruffneck.
They did our 2011 scarves and they are brilliant. They obviously have done a lot of great scarves.

3.) How many do you think you can sell? Ruffneck's minimum is 75 per run at $12 a scarf last time I checked. We got ours on a special they were running for supporters...100 at $8 each. I'm still sitting on about 30 of those and the ones I did sell came a few at a time...so I was out a lot of money for a long time...still out of a good chunk.

4.) Having said that...if it pencils out and you can get quality scarves...do it. It's been a really cool thing for WSA.

If you haven't seen our scarf...here it is...

Good luck!
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Chicano » Sat Oct 8, 2011 10:39:40 am

reasonbass wrote:Couple of lessons learned from West Sound Armada's scarf adventure over the last two seasons...

1.) Do not us store4fans.com
They do brilliant flags (some of which are used by ECS), but they totally hosed our scarves. I've got 30 useless scarves in my attic from our 2010 attempt that are somewhere in between rave green and electricity yellow in color. Quality was shit as well. They are the only one I've found that will produce small runs of scarves...but it's a matter of sending a big chunk of change to eastern europe and hoping for the best.

2.) Do use ruffneck.
They did our 2011 scarves and they are brilliant. They obviously have done a lot of great scarves.

3.) How many do you think you can sell? Ruffneck's minimum is 75 per run at $12 a scarf last time I checked. We got ours on a special they were running for supporters...100 at $8 each. I'm still sitting on about 30 of those and the ones I did sell came a few at a time...so I was out a lot of money for a long time...still out of a good chunk.

4.) Having said that...if it pencils out and you can get quality scarves...do it. It's been a really cool thing for WSA.

If you haven't seen our scarf...here it is...

Good luck!

I still want one of those BTW!
Chicano
Past ECS Member

Unread postby McSippy » Sat Oct 8, 2011 1:37:41 pm

I wish I was apart of the SSE so I could get one of these cause I love it! Image

I guess I will just have to suffer here in Seattle lol.

In all seriousness though I think that it is a solid design, whatever my vote counts for it is for this one.
McSippy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby kent » Sat Oct 8, 2011 9:31:33 pm

McSippy wrote:I wish I was apart of the SSE so I could get one of these cause I love it! Image

In all seriousness though I think that it is a solid design, whatever my vote counts for it is for this one.

Minor edit would be to have the diagonal hash marks/lines. Based upon the math we should probably order 100? The SSE as in Seattle Sounders East vs Seattle Sounders Expats. I believe Seattle Sounders East is the group and the expats is a nice subtitle. Basically all regional ECS subgroups are east of Seattle. We are all expats.
kent
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:20:29 pm

kent wrote:
McSippy wrote:I wish I was apart of the SSE so I could get one of these cause I love it! Image

Minor edit would be to have the diagonal hash marks/lines. Based upon the math we should probably order 100? The SSE as in Seattle Sounders East vs Seattle Sounders Expats. I believe Seattle Sounders East is the group and the expats is a nice subtitle. Basically all regional ECS subgroups are east of Seattle. We are all expats.

This scarf is just a moch up... Nothing official yet, but unfortunately we can't use "Sounders" anywhere on the scarf... We are looking at "away supporter" in latin...
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SCTazz » Sun Oct 9, 2011 9:03:14 am

Planto Sulum Absentis Venatus A Domus Venatus

Not sure how accurate that translation is but hoping it says

"Make every away game a home game"

I think a saying like that would be really cool for our scarf.

How are guys making the scarf mock-up images? Certain program or website?
SCTazz
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Clockwork Orange » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26:35 pm

Based on the recent suggestions (what Kent and Dave said)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7966/ssescarf3.jpg

@SCTazz I'm using photoshop to make these
Clockwork Orange
Past ECS Member

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50:49 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Based on the recent suggestions (what Kent and Dave said)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7966/ssescarf3.jpg

@SCTazz I'm using photoshop to make these

I like it... As always, top notch work Clockwork...

Kent and I will ultimately make the final decision on this... But we are more than willing to take comments and suggestions, we obviously want this to be something the whole group is largely behind.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby bmvaughn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:49:42 am

I still think the phrase Coast to Coast is a great one - captures the fact that we have solid away support everywhere.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Seattle Sounders East (SSE)