Help design the SSE Scarf, Interested?

Regional group for the East Coast.

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:31:26 am

"Seattle's Foreign Legion"
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby kent » Fri Dec 9, 2011 3:46:56 pm

*bump

we should get started on the nitty gritty so we can have these for the start of the season.

Dave, I'll send you a pm.
kent
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:12:16 pm

http://www.wildemasche.com check out this site. this is where my brother and i did our brougham saints scarves. they have a custom page where you design it and there is no minimum. i will be returning to do this years bs sarf because i was so happy with it.
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ecogeek » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:44:13 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Based on the recent suggestions (what Kent and Dave said)

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7966/ssescarf3.jpg

@SCTazz I'm using photoshop to make these

Seriously, what is with all the latin? Between WSA, Sounder at heart, and now this (and I'm probably missing some), I think the novelty is wearing off.
ecogeek
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:27:21 pm

@ Obi-fun, how many scarves did you end getting total and how much per scarf?

@ Eco, the Latin thing is because we are limited in the way we can use the groups name since it has Sounders in it. If we can find a company that will let us use Sounders then we will... Ruffneck will not.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ecogeek » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:16:40 am

DaveFromTheWa wrote:@ Obi-fun, how many scarves did you end getting total and how much per scarf?

@ Eco, the Latin thing is because we are limited in the way we can use the groups name since it has Sounders in it. If we can find a company that will let us use Sounders then we will... Ruffneck will not.

I get that you can't use the word Sounders, but none of the Latin text has Sounders in it either. Besides, why always Latin. Why not Portuguese. Or pig-Latin? ight-Fay ounders-Say!
ecogeek
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:48:01 am

ecogeek wrote:
DaveFromTheWa wrote:@ Obi-fun, how many scarves did you end getting total and how much per scarf?

I get that you can't use the word Sounders, but none of the Latin text has Sounders in it either. Besides, why always Latin. Why not Portuguese. Or pig-Latin? ight-Fay ounders-Say!

Maybe you can find another thread to troll... OR you could try and help by coming up with something usful in english. Something that flows and doesn't sound stupid... The latin is just an idea, it is not final...
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ecogeek » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:03:31 am

DaveFromTheWa wrote:Maybe you can find another thread to troll... OR you could try and help by coming up with something usful in english. Something that flows and doesn't sound stupid... The latin is just an idea, it is not final...

You can take it as trolling or feedback, your choice. I think that forcing in a latin phrase that sort-of-means what you are trying to say is weird, and I thought it was weird for the other groups scarves as well. It does have the benefit of getting people to ask you what it means, and then you can start a conversation about your sub-group.

I'll try to be more productive.

A reference to the east coast/west coast dynamic maybe:
"West coast team, east coast attitude"
"Our distance does not diminish our passion."
"Left coast bias"

A reference to I-95 would tie together Maine -> Florida
or something about the original 13 colonies
ecogeek
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bmvaughn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:07:37 am

I'm inclined to agree about the Latin, it seems forced.

Any consideration been given to "Coast to Coast" or making a banner out of whatever the final phrase is?
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:46:14 am

it was like 30 euros for one scarf, it goes down the more you order though. but its the only place i know of where you don't have to buy 75+ scarves
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:51:40 am

i got 4 scarves made and it was 160 so 40 a scarf, i suggest going to the site and playing around. i post more info and pics in another thread titled something like "design your own scarf'
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member

Unread postby kent » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:13:17 am

obi_fun_kenobi wrote:i got 4 scarves made and it was 160 so 40 a scarf, i suggest going to the site and playing around. i post more info and pics in another thread titled something like "design your own scarf'

have you started that thread/have a link to that thread?
kent
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:49:27 am

kent wrote:
obi_fun_kenobi wrote:i got 4 scarves made and it was 160 so 40 a scarf, i suggest going to the site and playing around. i post more info and pics in another thread titled something like "design your own scarf'

have you started that thread/have a link to that thread?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16800

its kinda gone down hill from what it was meant to be
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Saathoff » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24:04 pm

I know this is super old, and not sure if you got scarves. But did you look into Global Scarves? We, at the Heartland Horde went through them, great quality, minimum order of 50. Roughly $8.50 per scarf. They are based out of England. If someone sees this, can give you the Global Scarves America Rep's email, he's actually a Sounder supporter.

Here are some images of our HH scarf from the factory in Leeds, England.

Saathoff
Past ECS Member

Unread postby kent » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:33:44 pm

Saathoff wrote:I know this is super old, and not sure if you got scarves. But did you look into Global Scarves? We, at the Heartland Horde went through them, great quality, minimum order of 50. Roughly $8.50 per scarf. They are based out of England. If someone sees this, can give you the Global Scarves America Rep's email, he's actually a Sounder supporter.

Here are some images of our HH scarf from the factory in Leeds, England.

looking good, we're still in the "planning" stage
kent
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Seattle Sounders East (SSE)