Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Ohio?

Regional group for the East Coast.

Unread postby OhioSounder » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:31:43 pm

I'm looking to become an ECS member and I'm not sure if I should if my subgroup would be SSE or HH... Or if the HH is still in existence at all. Help?
OhioSounder
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Hooch » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:36:41 pm

Welcome, OhioSounder!

HH is definitely still around (https://www.facebook.com/groups/110416307118/).

Sub-group membership/preference IMO is a matter of personal choice. In this case, do you feel more eastern, or more midwestern? Of course, there's also no requirement at all that you join or associate with a sub-group. We are ECS first and foremost. Anything extra is just extra. Again, personal preference.

Regardless, welcome to the ECS! I trust you're looking forward to SSFC's trip to Columbus this year?
Last edited by Hooch on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hooch
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Hooch » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:42:22 pm

Hooch wrote:Sub-group membership/preference IMO is a matter of personal choice. In this case, do you feel more eastern, or more midwestern? Of course, there's also no requirement at all that you join or associate with a sub-group.

Case in point: I've been in ECS for several years but without any subgroup affiliation. I live in Seattle now, but I'm originally from Kansas City. So when the HH started getting some traction last year, produced their own scarves, and started working toward official sub-group status I eagerly joined the group. My address may WA, and my love may be Sounders, but my roots are KS.

If that helps any at all... :mrgreen:
Hooch
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby OhioSounder » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49:49 pm

It does extremely actually. I go to school in NY and I always end up getting into arguments of why OH is considered to be midwest. I think I'm a horder! Thank you! Also, yes! I'm driving back from Ithaca, NY that weekend just to make the Sounders-Crew game. I'm also planning (with a few friends) to try and hit a Sounders game in L.A. or Seattle this summer. I can't wait!
OhioSounder
Past ECS Member

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33:37 pm

Hooch is exactly right... It depends on with whom you want to be associated... I founded SSE in 2009, and am an original founding member of the Horde as well as ASG and a group in Korea... But I actually have no offical SubGroup affiliation, I consider myself to be ECS above all others... So the choice is yours.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby reasonbass » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34:37 pm

OhioSounder wrote:It does extremely actually. I go to school in NY and I always end up getting into arguments of why OH is considered to be midwest. I think I'm a horder! Thank you! Also, yes! I'm driving back from Ithaca, NY that weekend just to make the Sounders-Crew game. I'm also planning (with a few friends) to try and hit a Sounders game in L.A. or Seattle this summer. I can't wait!

Come to Seattle if you have the choice. Home matches are truly epic.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby OhioSounder » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47:33 pm

reasonbass wrote:Come to Seattle if you have the choice. Home matches are truly epic.

I went to the Sounders vs. Man U. game and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I want to come back ASAP, and it's looking like the game vs Vancouver will be my best option.
OhioSounder
Past ECS Member

Unread postby BarraExpat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37:04 pm

My first game was when I visited Seattle last summer. My friends are all Sounders fans and I was a EPL fan. They effectively converted me. I agree with Dave, Its ECS first, the subgroups provide a great opportunity to find local fans of our beloved team.

I'm in Buffalo so I'll be headed to Crew game and Toronto as well.
BarraExpat
ECS Member 2019

Return to Seattle Sounders East (SSE)