Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

HELLO SSE!

Regional group for the East Coast.

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:12:03 pm

Stop by, say hello and tell us a little about yourself... What matches you plan to attend and if there is anything we can do to help your match day go smoother...
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby kent » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:55:54 pm

I believe I am the lead contact for this group, and I will be based out of DC, but plan on going to the DC, Philly, and NY games for sure. Columbus, Toronto, and New England are all within driving distance, but as I am starting a new job I don't know how nice my employers will be letting me leave whenever.

We do have a couple of people based in Seattle who really want to go to the Philly and New York games so SSE peeps check out the away game forums and maybe some of us east coast locals can help the planners.
kent
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby dhardisty » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:05:47 pm

Hello! I'm Dave H, a huge Sounders fan living in NY city (I'm a grad student at Columbia University). I'll be going to the match in NY, as well as the match in San Jose on July 31st, and a match in Seattle on September 9th. I may be able to go to other east coast games (Philly, DC, Boston) as well -- I'm still figuring out my schedule and finances.
dhardisty
Past ECS Member

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:28:53 pm

dhardisty wrote:Hello! I'm Dave H, a huge Sounders fan living in NY city (I'm a grad student at Columbia University). I'll be going to the match in NY, as well as the match in San Jose on July 31st, and a match in Seattle on September 9th. I may be able to go to other east coast games (Philly, DC, Boston) as well -- I'm still figuring out my schedule and finances.

Welcome to the SSE forum and to the ECS Dave... This is exactly what we need, more SSE to actually join the ECS website... If you look around the rest of the site, you will find quite a bit of useful information... I recommend the MEDIA/Songs link... Get an idea of some of the chants we use...

Again, welcome... And thanks for offering to be the SSE rep in the NY area...
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby OlyJackB » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:13:44 pm

Nice to see this is coming along and getting more organized day by day. I'm Jack and I reside up in Boston, MA. I've already introduced on facebook but just fyi my away itinerary for sure includes NY, Philly & Boston for which I will be driving to (Philly might be a flight = cheap round trip, but it being early in the afternoon with daylight going later might make for a decent 5 hour drive). I would hit up DC, if it wasn't on a Thursday night. :roll: I brought all of my scarves/flags when I moved out here, and will be making tifo accordingly.

If anyone reads this and is from the MA/RI area and wishes to get together for viewing parties or wants to carpool feel free to contact me.
OlyJackB
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby adamkut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:20:57 am

Hi, I'm in Lowell, MA, where I'm going to school. I'll be going to the NY game, and Philly if I'm still here in June. I'd also be into getting together to watch some games in Boston (or Lowell if it works for people).
adamkut
Past ECS Member

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:25:21 am

dave, I need the SSE subgroup logo and info soon...thanks.
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:55:26 am

FuzzyForeigner wrote:dave, I need the SSE subgroup logo and info soon...thanks.

Yeah, sorry for the delay... I know a minimal amount of information has already been passed along, if you PM myself and Kent with what exactly you need right now... We can have that to you in the next day or two...
Last edited by DaveFromTheWa on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:00:38 am

Adam wrote:Hi, I'm in Lowell, MA, where I'm going to school. I'll be going to the NY game, and Philly if I'm still here in June. I'd also be into getting together to watch some games in Boston (or Lowell if it works for people).

Hey Adam... Glad to hear you will be at the NY match... dhardisty is our NY boy, so if you have any questions you could always send them his way...
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:18:29 pm

i need a logo, mission statement, and (i know this will be hard for you guys) a bar where you gather.
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby imasachs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42:54 am

Brooklyn based Sounder here. Glad to see an east coast supporter network is forming. I'll be at the RB game (already bought an ECS ticket) and plan to got to Boston as well. DC falls midweek though which may make a trip unlikely for me what with work and all. Also, after eagerly awaiting the Philly team to launch, the game is scheduled for when I'm in South Africa. Stupid World Cup.

Anyway, hope to meet up with many of you in the future. Cheers.
imasachs
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Chase » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:41:13 am

Hey kids! I recently moved out to Chicago from Seattle this year. Definitely planning on heading out to the Fire match and looking for some places to try and catch some matches on TV. Any other Sounders support in the CHI?
Chase
Past ECS Member

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:03:44 am

Chase wrote:Hey kids! I recently moved out to Chicago from Seattle this year. Definitely planning on heading out to the Fire match and looking for some places to try and catch some matches on TV. Any other Sounders support in the CHI?

Check out this group on FaceBook. . . It's a pretty small group and i am not sure how active they have been lately. . .

Sounders Windy City Legion
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111042108910063

You can also try and check out Seattle Sounders East (SSE) on FaceBook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 754&ref=ts

Just keep an eye out in the forums here too. . . Chicago normally gets a large turn out.
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby gosborn » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:51:51 pm

I'm moving out to Philly in August, any supporters out in that area? (Man, I keep moving further and further away from Seattle, what the hell is wrong with me?)
gosborn
Past ECS Member

Unread postby DaveFromTheWa » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:10:53 pm

gosborn wrote:I'm moving out to Philly in August, any supporters out in that area? (Man, I keep moving further and further away from Seattle, what the hell is wrong with me?)

Acutually goborn, Philly is the one city, well Philly and Toronto where we are serverly lacking as far as someone in the local area that we can communicate with and get things done... The match in Philly has come and gone this year, but we represented well, and that was all external from DC, Boston, NY and the rest of our East Coast expats... So imagine what we could do if our Philly locals were involved... So once you get there, if you are willing to do even the minimal basics as far as hunt out other SSFC supporters, maybe a good pub location, nd just spread the word and send people in the direction of ECS and SSE, that would do a lot to get the ball rolling and almost take care of itself from there... If you are not already, be sure to join SSE on the FaceBook as well...

I haven't been able to live in Seattle in quite some years so i feel your pain about moving further and further away... Good luck in your travels though...
DaveFromTheWa
ECS Member 2020

Next

Return to Seattle Sounders East (SSE)