Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

WSA Indoor

Regional group for the West Side of the Puget Sound.

Unread postby i_luv_soccer08 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:40:06 am

I know I am new to WSA but I know several other Subgroups have created indoor teams. Is this something that anyone in the WSA would be interested in? We could do Co-Ed at OSSC in Bremerton or Zone in Poulsbo. Just a thought.
i_luv_soccer08
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52:27 am

Actually, I was talking about this with Ivan, one of the BB74 in Silverdale. I think we could generate enough interest.
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby i_luv_soccer08 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:58:07 am

Doc_Sounder wrote:Actually, I was talking about this with Ivan, one of the BB74 in Silverdale. I think we could generate enough interest.

I agree. I know several people that would be interested :ditto:
i_luv_soccer08
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:06:11 am

(Jared, you mind if we run with this?)

Tell you what, I've never looked into what it takes. If you can look into it, figure out how much the time and money committment would be, we can post that up and get a better idea of actual interest.
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Bathos » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09:50 am

You guys should run this by Brandon (Skarpian) as there's a couple of other indoor teams now part of the ECS FC and it would be good to coordinate it through the FC.
Bathos
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby reasonbass » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11:41 am

Doc_Sounder wrote:(Jared, you mind if we run with this?)

Tell you what, I've never looked into what it takes. If you can look into it, figure out how much the time and money committment would be, we can post that up and get a better idea of actual interest.

Glen, can you get with Brandon and talk thru the ECS FC side of that. Luv...why don't you do the research on the local leagues in the meantime. Let's get ECS leadership blessing on it...otherwise, Go for it. I'd actually like to play some GK if we get it going.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Skarpian » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:14:43 am

Hey guys,

I'm all for this and think it's a great idea. Do the initial leg work and then lets meet up and talk. If it is going to fall under the ECS FC umbrella all I ask at this point is that you keep me in the loop.
Skarpian
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:22:53 am

I was planning on talking with Brandon before we got much farther. Honestly though, we have what, three people rogered up? Jeez, this idea isn't even an hour old! I just don't have a clue on costs or what-not. So Jared, I'm gonna fight you for goalie. Brandon, we WILL fall under ECS FC, so I'll keep in constant contact. Luv, FYI Skarpian is in charge of all things ECS teams related. He won't run things per se, but I'll talk to him this weekend (right Brandon?) about more details.
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby reasonbass » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:27:07 am

Doc_Sounder wrote:I was planning on talking with Brandon before we got much farther. Honestly though, we have what, three people rogered up? Jeez, this idea isn't even an hour old! I just don't have a clue on costs or what-not. So Jared, I'm gonna fight you for goalie. Brandon, we WILL fall under ECS FC, so I'll keep in constant contact. Luv, FYI Skarpian is in charge of all things ECS teams related. He won't run things per se, but I'll talk to him this weekend (right Brandon?) about more details.

I'll be Terry Boss to your Kasey Keller, sir.

By the way, have you ordered the uniforms, yet? Every chance you get...hurry up! :twisted:
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:36:00 am

I'll get the uniforms as soon as you get the scarves right.

Wait, so you're going to be the klumsy oaf that can't pick up a grounder? Then get red carded in your first start? I dunno...

In all seriousness, you wanna find some time for some keeper practice?
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby reasonbass » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13:15 pm

Doc_Sounder wrote:I'll get the uniforms as soon as you get the scarves right.

Low blow. You just wait...when WSA has a thousand members, those never released scarves are going to be worth a fortune on the interwebz.

Yeah, we can do up some keeper practice some time. I actually haven't played any footy since the 4th grade.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby i_luv_soccer08 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:26:42 pm

I don't know when you wanna start playing but at OSSC in Bremerton its $650 per team for an 8 game session. Are we looking for competitive or just recreation and are we looking for Men only? Men and Women seperates? Or Co-ed?

Skarpian, Do you need us to send PM's to you or does this board work?
i_luv_soccer08
Past ECS Member

Unread postby reasonbass » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33:36 pm

i_luv_soccer08 wrote:I don't know when you wanna start playing but at OSSC in Bremerton its $650 per team for an 8 game session. Are we looking for competitive or just recreation and are we looking for Men only? Men and Women seperates? Or Co-ed?

My preference would be recreation and co-ed. I'd like it to be open to anyone in the group. I think Skarpian just wants us to do the leg work and get back to him when we have something more solid.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36:47 pm

Agree. Rec and Co-ed. I know my wife and probably Megan are interested, probably Caitlin too.

Skarpian is the tip of the ECS FC pyramid. He doesn't need the day to day. Just the final plans and occasional updates.
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby i_luv_soccer08 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:45:15 pm

reasonbass wrote:
i_luv_soccer08 wrote:I don't know when you wanna start playing but at OSSC in Bremerton its $650 per team for an 8 game session. Are we looking for competitive or just recreation and are we looking for Men only? Men and Women seperates? Or Co-ed?

My preference would be recreation and co-ed. I'd like it to be open to anyone in the group. I think Skarpian just wants us to do the leg work and get back to him when we have something more solid.

Ok
http://www.olympicindoorsoccer.com/leagues.aspx
This is the link to league schedules it has the start and end dates for all leagues it also has the dates and times th league takes place. Co-ed starts 4/19 on saturdays or 4/24 on sundays. I figured saturdays are probably out of the question because of sounders games. Let me know what you think or if you have anything else i need to look for
i_luv_soccer08
Past ECS Member

Next

Return to West Sound Armada (WSA)