Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

A home?!

Regional group for the West Side of the Puget Sound.

Unread postby eatcalientepockets » Thu Nov 3, 2011 3:58:54 pm

eatcalientepockets
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Brazbit » Thu Nov 3, 2011 4:29:50 pm

Ok that got a laugh when I hit play. The spin around the room was a bit dizzying. Looks nice.

My biggest concern would be how the rest of the place would take to us cheering, yelling, chanting and basically having fun. That room looks quite open to the rest of the establishment. While they want our business they don't want us driving everyone else away. Of course I have no idea what the regular ambiance of the place is either.

What made Valholl work so well for the RSL game was the fact that we were essentially the only folks in the place and the Valholl people were very understanding. I wonder how that would have gone over in a more conventional establishment.

The first time we joined WSA for an away viewing we had the back room of the place to ourselves and it was great. That is what sold us on even going to away viewing rather than staying home or finding a random bar somewhere to watch the game. The next week when we went we couldn't even get a seat until after the half. Every time after that we were too spread out to have a cohesive group unless you were at the main table. At Valholl we were actually able to interact with others and have a good time.

This sounds more like that first viewing experience we had which was nice but with a more intimate setting which should allow for more interaction and a sense of group which is what Valholl did. I would be all for giving it a shot.
Brazbit
Past ECS Member

Unread postby reasonbass » Thu Nov 3, 2011 4:54:41 pm

Awesome video, Ian. Looks like a cool spot.

I will say this...we aren't going to commit to anything with a bar until after we have our end of the year meeting. I just want the entire WSA family to have a chance to weigh in on these issues.

Perhaps we should have our end of the season meeting at this very location to try it out.

Also, you and I should go have beers there and chat with the owner about logistics.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby eatcalientepockets » Thu Nov 3, 2011 10:30:59 pm

right on to the two of you! I just had fun with my video editing skills and have a verbal commitment from Dan the head bartender that we can use it, and get loud, so its a potential one.

Top me! Someone else bring some options!
eatcalientepockets
Past ECS Member

Unread postby CMcKenna » Sat Nov 5, 2011 2:19:32 am

The end of the video gave me goose bumps. I miss all you bastards. I thought that place could be a good home the first time I was in there. Good luck with a new place.
CMcKenna
Past ECS Member

Return to West Sound Armada (WSA)