Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Meeting Minutes: WSA Annual Meeting (11/19/11)

Regional group for the West Side of the Puget Sound.

Unread postby reasonbass » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:43:42 pm

WSA Annual Meeting 2011 - 11/19/11 at Hare and Hounds Public House

Members in Attendance:
Jared (reasonbass)
Ian (eatcalientepockets)
Megan (calientepockets)
Glen (Doc_Sounder)
Robert (Pugboy)
Chad (boarderc577)
Ryan (Werdall360)
Max (brazbit)
Jen (Darkwynd)
Kristen (wstsndwalker)
Preston (NotSerp13)

Minutes

1.) Viewing Party Location
We will be accepting the offer by Hare and Hounds Public House (Poulsbo) to use their back room for our viewing parties for all league and playoff matches. Champions League matches and happy hour gatherings will be hosted on a per event basis. Valholl Brewing is among the candidates to host us for those matches and gatherings.
The general consensus was that Poulsbo is an untapped location full of Sounders fans that are not connected to our group and that Hare and Hounds is an ideal establishment with an ideal atmosphere for the growth of our group.

2.) Match Day (Home Matches)
- Selected Temple as our primary match day pre-funk location. Members are encouraged to meet up at Temple before the march, walk over to the march and march together as a united sub-group when possible.
- Members encouraged to be more active in posting what ferry sailing that they will be taking to the match and coordinating to ride together. More singing and chanting as the ferry docks in Seattle.
- Megan (calientepockets) volunteered to coordinate handouts to be distributed to Sounders fans riding the ferry to the match. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.
- More people to take the Bainbridge ferry to recruit from an untapped group of fans.
- Possible Pre-funk at Fritz's Fryhouse near the Bremerton Ferry Terminal.

3.) Merchandise
- 2011 scarves still in stock = +/-20. No new scarves in 2012. Scarf reserves to be sold to new members in 2012. Probable new scarves in 2013 and continuing on a 2 year cycle.
- WSA T-Shirts are highly desired. Designs to be submitted to Jared (reasonbass) by anyone interested. This will be our primary merchandise effort in 2012.

4.) Leadership Structure
- Ian (eatcalientepockets) accepted a new role as Co-President of the West Sound Armada.
- Members encouraged to bring anything an everything up. The West Sound Armada is by it's members for it's members and everyone is encouraged to bring their opinions and suggestions to the table.

5.) Co-Ed Indoor Team
Chad (boarderc577) and Preston (NotSerp13) will be investigating the possibility of fielding a Co-Ed Indoor Soccer Team made up of WSA members and their friends. For the first potential season, this will be informal and not an official part of the WSA or the ECS FC. If the team sticks and consistently fields a team for an entire season, WSA sponsorship and/or ECS FC entry will be explored.

6.) ECS Section Presence
As soon as the schedule comes out we will be selecting 1 or 2 home matches for the WSA to come together in the ECS Section to support. All members that are physically able are encouraged to find GA tickets for this match or matches and come support with us. We will likely do some sort of small two-pole display to commemorate this (pending ECS tifo leadership approval of course).

7.) WSA Away Trip
We are targeting the away match at RSL next season for an official WSA away trip. We will be encouraging all members to participate in the ECS away trip to RSL and either road trip there with the WSA Caravan or meet up with us in Salt Lake City. The selection of RSL as our target is specifically related to Chris (cmckenna) who is a WSA founder and is living in Vegas. Meet us there, bro. The only reason we would change this plan is if this match is scheduled on a weeknight or a holiday or something that would prevent a large number of members from attending.

If I missed anything, please post below.

Thanks to everyone who attended. Up the Sounders, Up the ECS, Up the WSA and Up the Hare and Hounds!!!!!
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Skarpian » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:14:47 am

Hey,

Let me know how 5 (Co-ed indoor team) goes. I would be interested to see this happen. If you guys have any questions or need any info let me know.
Skarpian
Past ECS Member

Unread postby jbraaten » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28:01 am

Jared, I remember way back when you were randomly just asking about starting a group over there. A year or so has passed and look what's been established.

Props to everyone who had a hand in getting WSA goin over there, keep it up.
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:40:42 am

Unrelated, but we talked about it during the meeting....Preston, hook me up with the info about Hashing.
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby NotSerp13 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:06:25 pm

Hashing.... youtube it, alot of information is there. the hash house harriers is a big group all over the world. it comprises of meeting up and drinking and singing. then doing a 4-5 mile hike (run or walk, depends on what you want to do), and meeting back up and drinking and singing. during the hike 2-3 check points are set up with beer. it is free your first time, after that its 5 bucks. this sunday the 27th of nov we will be doing a hash from 2 to about 6. start point is at my friends house near the taco bell on kitsap way. dont know the address yet.
NotSerp13
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Brazbit » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:43:10 pm

1.) Viewing Party Location

Hare and Hounds - Location seems nearly ideal. If we can score that back room until we outgrow it, which may not be long considering how full it was that night, that will be great. Perhaps we could work with them to Sounder up the decor a bit in there. The room was rather sparse so there is still lots of wall space to fill, rather we claim it than others.

Bucket of Beer was not a bad deal as well considering it was our first visit.

2.) Match Day (Home Matches)
Temple seems like a great choice. Of the three ECS locations that is pretty much the only one that isn't already overwhelmed on gameday.

Should be interesting to see if others will take well to a more active presence on the way to games.

3.) Merchandise
Look forward to seeing what the shirt design will be

4.) Leadership Structure
Three cheers to Jared and Ian. The decision on both appointments seemed to be nearly unanimous (with only the parties involved offering resistance.)

5.) Co-Ed Indoor Team
Best of luck. If I can overcome some of my current physical issues perhaps I will join you in the future. Right now that would be a very bad idea.

6.) ECS Section Presence
This sounds like a blast. Definitely not something I can do regularly but once or twice a season would be a blast, as well as all StarFire matches.

7.) WSA Away Trip
This would be the ultimate. Every time away travel has come up in the past something in life has gotten in the way. Eventually something has got to go our way, fingers crossed that this is it.

8.) Thank You to Jared
For being willing, if reluctant, to take the mantle of leadership and for bringing some order to our get together. I would have been happy just to have a drink and watch the Newcastle game with like minded folks, this man brought an itemized agenda and had done research on all the topics and even where all the members lived. Majorly impressive and not creepy in the least... :escape:

Seriously Thanks.
Brazbit
Past ECS Member

Unread postby wstsndwalker » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:00:18 pm

Brazbit wrote:8.) Thank You to Jared
For being willing, if reluctant, to take the mantle of leadership and for bringing some order to our get together. I would have been happy just to have a drink and watch the Newcastle game with like minded folks, this man brought an itemized agenda and had done research on all the topics and even where all the members lived. Majorly impressive and not creepy in the least... :escape:

Seriously Thanks.

Agree! The whole researching where we live didn't creep out the new chick at all :D

Along with that - thanks to the WSA members in attendance for being welcoming. I'll be louder next time :jester:
wstsndwalker
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby reasonbass » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:25:27 am

Skarpian wrote:Let me know how 5 (Co-ed indoor team) goes. I would be interested to see this happen. If you guys have any questions or need any info let me know.

Will do.

jbraaten wrote:Jared, I remember way back when you were randomly just asking about starting a group over there. A year or so has passed and look what's been established.

Props to everyone who had a hand in getting WSA goin over there, keep it up.

Thank you, sir. 2012 will be season 3 for WSA...where'd the time go?

Brazbit wrote:8.) Thank You to Jared

Seriously Thanks.

If you make it public on facebook...reading it and tabulating it is not creepy...just saying.
Thanks for the kind words...2012 will be a great year.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby eatcalientepockets » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24:47 am

the man ^
eatcalientepockets
Past ECS Member

Return to West Sound Armada (WSA)