Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

The Challenge of Lower 121

Regional group for the West Side of the Puget Sound.

Unread postby reasonbass » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07:40 pm

WSA Faithful:

I posted earlier today in another thread about lower 121 in another thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17962&start=75

I wanted to gauge your interest in doing something proactive about this. Black Hills Militia typically take up the first 2-3 rows of 121. I'm suggesting (much the same as I did in 2010...probably weren't ready then) that we fill in directly behind them and bring our passion to this section that needs work.

What would this mean?
- If you have ECS Section (GA) Tickets, leave Temple early and be at the southwest gate 1.5 hours before kickoff (means missing the march), go in right when the gates open and occupy as much of the front of 121 as possible. During the match just do what you normally do, which hopefully is mental full 90.
- If you don't have ECS Section tickets, consider selling your tickets thru the ticket exchange and acquiring ECS tickets whenever you can. You can also watch for the annual waiting list thread to start and put your name in to move into the section next season. See above for futher instructions.

I know that we all have our favorite spots to be on match day. Make no mistake, I'm asking you to consider sacraficing to do this and I want honest answers (offline or here on this thread...either way). If this isn't something we can put a big effort behind, I'd like to know that before taking this idea any further. I just think this is something that we could do as a sub-group to fill a need in the larger ECS and increase support for the boys.

Readyyyyyyyyy....Go....
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby JesseSFC » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19:54 pm

+1 mate well posted

Lets take over OUR BROUGHAM END

UP THE SOUNDERS UP THE ECS
JesseSFC
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby CougarTime » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38:52 pm

I don't normally sit over there and after last night I said I never would again out of pure irritation. The hubby had to do security over there and that's the only reason I did, but now I feel like its my duty as a supporter to stay over there and really try to encourage the people around me. So I will go back over there next weekend and do what I do best...support! I would encourage more people to join me. Plus Im just a fun time:)
CougarTime
Past ECS Member

Unread postby blurrygil » Sun Apr 1, 2012 8:18:36 am

I think it would be be fair to ask a group of our usual 122 contingency to come to lower 121 for a match or two. It would take much more than just this, but it would help.

I give away nearly 100 song cards on that side. But that's the extent of this sections involvement. Pack of tourists that piss and moan about flags, two-poles and the megaphone.

It's getting to near-depressing levels over there.
blurrygil
Past ECS Member

Unread postby RatCity » Sun Apr 1, 2012 9:50:31 am

I would also appreciate this. We need all te help we can get. I can promise it will suck for a little bit but it will always suck until we get more people into the section. We need people that clap, sing, and pogo for the 90 minutes. I don't want a bunch of ecs/west sound scarfs standing there doing nothing. That does not help influence the rest. Just being clear. If your part of the mental group or solid support group then come on Down.
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bobdavisnpf » Sun Apr 1, 2012 10:03:26 am

I'll see you in 121 on April 14th, with BFF in tow. I'll want to take up residence in row D, 2-3 seats in from the 122 aisle, and lay the BFF down across the whole row, mirroring what we've worked out over in 123. Does that first row in front of the capo-stand well typically fill in with ECS'ers, or will we need to rush the section if we want a sympathetic flag-minding row?
bobdavisnpf
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby AlexPadilla » Sun Apr 1, 2012 10:14:42 am

bobdavisnpf wrote:I'll see you in 121 on April 14th, with BFF in tow. I'll want to take up residence in row D, 2-3 seats in from the 122 aisle, and lay the BFF down across the whole row, mirroring what we've worked out over in 123. Does that first row in front of the capo-stand well typically fill in with ECS'ers, or will we need to rush the section if we want a sympathetic flag-minding row?

I got there after the march and there were only 2 people in that section. You could probably get there before the march just to make sure you get the seats.
AlexPadilla
Past ECS Member

Unread postby RatCity » Sun Apr 1, 2012 10:18:31 am

Bob this almost made me cry. Most the front row in front of the capo stands is not ecs but i don't care. I'd get their early just in case. I'm currently implementing a 2 seat per person seat saving system. We've had a lot of people trying to save rows of seats particularly in the front 3 rows and basically I'm giving everyone the same rules. 1 person per 2 seats if you wanna save them. That goes for ECS as well. I can't get the respect of some of these people when i give them rules that i don't give everyone else. The biggest issue in 121 is the fact that people think that ECS thinks there above everyone. Everyone in GA pays the same price and as long as it does not interfere with capo stands or tifo they have as much right to a seat as we do. Until Sean tells me differently, that's how I'm doing it. That being said. Bob we look forward to your gentle flag waving ways :D
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby reasonbass » Sun Apr 1, 2012 12:47:56 pm

Come on, WSA!!!! Where are you on this?????
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby wstsndwalker » Mon Apr 2, 2012 8:54:39 pm

:scarfsway:

Alrighty - my sis (sugartoes) and I are down to lend our voices to lower 121. We've got tickets for different seats around RBP for April & May - if we can score GA tickets for June/July and beyond we are happy to help out. Is it best to post in the Ticket Exchange or is there a super secret hook-up someone can help us out with?

kristen
wstsndwalker
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby reasonbass » Mon Apr 2, 2012 9:00:12 pm

wstsndwalker wrote::scarfsway:

Alrighty - my sis (sugartoes) and I are down to lend our voices to lower 121. We've got tickets for different seats around RBP for April & May - if we can score GA tickets for June/July and beyond we are happy to help out. Is it best to post in the Ticket Exchange or is there a super secret hook-up someone can help us out with?

kristen

That's what I'm talkin about!

Ticket Exchange here on the boards is your best bet.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Return to West Sound Armada (WSA)