Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

WSA MLS Cup at Hare and Hounds?

Regional group for the West Side of the Puget Sound.

Unread postby YeovilTowner » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31:07 pm

Greetings Armadans,

I'm planning to try to head over to H&H for the MLS Cup Final next weekend. Any one interested? One last chance to cheer or jeer with beer. I assume they'll have the game on.

Simon
YeovilTowner
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2011 3:40:50 pm

Unread postby reasonbass » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:44:28 pm

YeovilTowner wrote:Greetings Armadans,

I'm planning to try to head over to H&H for the MLS Cup Final next weekend. Any one interested? One last chance to cheer or jeer with beer. I assume they'll have the game on.

Simon


Not planning to watch this match myself. I'm sure the hare would show it you asked tho.
User avatar
reasonbass
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44:04 pm
Location: Mebane, NC

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:26:04 pm

Fuck that bar, I went there for a match once the staff was rude and couldn't handle the 10 people there.

Go to the portside, they have a bigger tv and a competent staff
User avatar
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:24:37 pm
Location: on a fun couch far far away

Unread postby YeovilTowner » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:35:49 pm

Its been the WSA pub for away games all season. I've attended several and had a fine time. They appear to be quite happy to have us. Good beer selection and I like the food. Seems soccer friendly to me.

Obviously can't say what happened when you were there, but doesn't sound like them. May want to give them another chance.
YeovilTowner
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2011 3:40:50 pm

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:56:52 pm

YeovilTowner wrote:Its been the WSA pub for away games all season. I've attended several and had a fine time. They appear to be quite happy to have us. Good beer selection and I like the food. Seems soccer friendly to me.

Obviously can't say what happened when you were there, but doesn't sound like them. May want to give them another chance.


Naw getting treated poorly once was enough
User avatar
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:24:37 pm
Location: on a fun couch far far away

Unread postby reasonbass » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:38:23 am

obi_fun_kenobi wrote:Fuck that bar, I went there for a match once the staff was rude and couldn't handle the 10 people there.

Go to the portside, they have a bigger tv and a competent staff


Don't know what happened the ONE time you went there, but they've been a great host for US all season. We actually like our server so much that we brought her to the home leg of the conference final.

Clearly your experience is not typical.
User avatar
reasonbass
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44:04 pm
Location: Mebane, NC

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:06:28 am

well from my understanding it was the bar manager and as a server myself it was pathetic. it was a thursday for the Caledonia home match, so that maybe why the service sucked. and thats fantastic if you wanna continue to go thats cool and maybe if there is an actual viewing party next time i'm on that side i'll swing by, but from my experience portside is a far better bar
User avatar
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:24:37 pm
Location: on a fun couch far far away

Unread postby reasonbass » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46:10 am

obi_fun_kenobi wrote:well from my understanding it was the bar manager and as a server myself it was pathetic. it was a thursday for the Caledonia home match, so that maybe why the service sucked. and thats fantastic if you wanna continue to go thats cool and maybe if there is an actual viewing party next time i'm on that side i'll swing by, but from my experience portside is a far better bar


Portside. Right. Cheers.
User avatar
reasonbass
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44:04 pm
Location: Mebane, NC

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06:24 am

Look, Josh, a lot of us like that place for many reasons beyond soccer. Great local beer, great food, and the multiple times I've been there great staff. Appreciate that you prefer Portside. More power to you. But WSA's gathering place is Hare and Hounds. If I quit going to a place because of a single bad experience I'd never leave my house. I've had bad experiences at Temple, Fuel, RBP, everywhere.
User avatar
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:31:00 pm
Location: Seattle

Unread postby obi_fun_kenobi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41:26 am

cool doc, its just my opinion. :)
User avatar
obi_fun_kenobi
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:24:37 pm
Location: on a fun couch far far away

Unread postby YeovilTowner » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17:23 pm

A full and frank exchange of views.

Still looks like I'll be able to swing by the H on Saturday. Hope to see some of the usual suspects.
YeovilTowner
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 3, 2011 3:40:50 pm


Return to West Sound Armada (WSA)

cron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest