Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

VOTE for Alliance Council-BFV Candidate: Angelica Germani!

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43:29 pm

STOP VOTING FOR ANGELICA!

The latest update had her at 22 votes and I have confirmed 3 more for her, so she is elected! Angelica will take office for a full two-year term beginning in February of 2013!

Thanks to all who voted, you guys rock.

Updated 7/25 at noon!

The first ECS/BFV endorsed candidate for Alliance Council is Angelica Germani. If elected, Angelica will serve a two-year term starting on January 1, 2013. When you vote for her, please post in this thread so that we can count her votes and make sure that we do not waste our votes by giving her more than the required 25 votes. When Angelica gets elected (or is close to getting elected), we will announce the next candidate in a new thread.

You can vote here: http://sndrs.com/qlb6 (takes just a few minutes of your time). To login to the voting system you need the e-mail address that you used when you bought your season tickets and your season ticket account number. If you have been designated as an Alliance member by a season ticket holder, you will need to know their account number.

Write in Angelica Germani as your candidate. Detailed instructions can be found at the end of this post. It is very important that you spell the name correctly, and do not use any variations of the name (do not use any shortened nick name versions, do not add a middle name, and so on).

Please do not post in this thread anything that is not related to voting Angelica onto the council. For general Alliance Council discussion you can use for example this thread: http://weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14572

If you are interested in becoming an ECS/BFV endorsed candidate, you can contact BFV Leadership. Note that only ECS/BFV endorsed candidates are allowed to campaign on the ECS/BFV forums and other official ECS/BFV outlets like the ECS/BFV Facebook page. We are doing this because we want to maximize the ECS/BFV representation on the council, and the best way to do that is to make sure that votes from ECS/BFV members go to candidates that will get the necessary 25 votes rather than spreading those votes around to several candidates who all fall short of the 25 vote threshold.

Finally, some background information. There are a number of ECS members on the council whose terms expire at various times. We have re-elected several of them. We need to elect new Council Members so that we guarantee the continuation of a strong ECS representation on the Council. All season ticket holders have a vote and they should definitely use it.

We all know that the Alliance Council has not actually achieved a lot so far. However, a constitution has recently been accepted for the Alliance Council, and even if the constitution as such does not guarantee that the Alliance Council becomes more relevant, it does provide a framework by which this becomes a possibility. Therefore it is very important that we vote ECS members into the council to safeguard our interests in any future decisions the Council may make. There is further discussion on the topic here: http://weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14572

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Who are Ya?
For those I’ve yet to meet, I am Angelica Germani and one of many who love and support our Club.  My fiancé and I have been season ticket holders and supporter group members since 2009.  We currently sit on the west side of the stadium and pogo in GA when we are able.  This season is special as I became part of the Board for la Barra Fuerza Verde, and have appreciated the opportunity to build the subgroup, foster a futbol-loving community, and enhance positive relationships with so many fellow Emerald City Supporters.

Why do you want to be a Council member?
I am not one to shy away from opportunities to contribute to a greater effort.  Futbol is unique in that it transcends differences in gender, race, you name it, and allows fans to come together as a unified force.  I believe that I am mindful of, may appeal to, and would humbly represent diverse groups.  Alliance Council allows one to shape the evolution of our Club, and continues bringing communities together for the love of the sport.

What are your goals as a Council member?
If elected, I would seek open communication, strong relationships and collaboration with the Front Office and among the supporter groups.  Outreach and diversification of our fan base are essential in ensuring our Club, and futbol as a whole, are more accessible to all despite financial limitations, language barriers or distance.  The pitch should been seen as a safe haven where all SSFC supporters are heard, welcomed and encouraged to be themselves.  Such a gathering has an incredible potential to create positive change when given the tools and inspiration to do and be more.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

How to Vote:

1. Get your Email address and Account Number:

Option A: Find the account number on your ticket:
If you have the fancy ticket package with player images on them, your account number is printed on each of your season tickets. (If you share tickets with a season ticket account holder who designated you as an Alliance member, it is the number on the tickets you use.)

Option B: Find an old email:
  • Your email address is the one you gave when buying season tickets (or is the email that a season ticket account holder used for you, to designate you as an Alliance member)
  • Your account number was sent in an email confirming your season ticket purchase (or is the account number of the season ticket holder who designated you as an Alliance member)

Option C: Contact your ticket representative:
You can get your account number and email by calling or email your ticket representative at the Sounders FO. If your call is not picked up, leave a message with your name and number and they'll get back to you.

If you don't know your ticket representative you can contact the ECS ticket representative Chris Baretta at 425-203-8305 or chrisba@soundersfc.com.

2. Go to the voting website:

• Select ballot 2012 Alliance Council Nominations
  • Review the instructions displayed and Click to Continue
  • Write in Angelica Germani, click the tick box, and Click to Continue
  • Press the Vote button to cast your ballot
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:44:33 pm

I will keep a running list of who has voted in this post.

1. Paul Cox (BEB)
2. Pmendoza
3. Dj10
4. Dannicus
5. Revolution1973
6. Hugo
7. Spinfyre
8. RamelWF
9. Gamboaa
10. RXNuñez
11. Soulfly7499
12. Supasta8311
13. alianza1
14. DM
15. Soundersfootballfan
16. DJ360
17. Valarie1049
18. XX
19. XX
20. gqmartinez
21. soundersfans
22. XX
23. Tom Cox
24. XX
25. Globetrotting_D
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby pmendoza » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:55:14 pm

I put my vote in for Angelica Germani
pmendoza
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby dj10 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44:38 pm

Done!
dj10
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Dannicus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15:46 pm

As there is a running list here. My vote is in for Angelica
Dannicus
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby revolution1973 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:24:56 am

done (i'm glad i put different email address on each of my tickets)
revolution1973
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Spinfyre » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:08:07 am

Voted
Spinfyre
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby RamelWF » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40:03 am

I've cast my vote for Angelica Germani
RamelWF
Past ECS Member

Unread postby gamboaa » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:11:07 am

Vote in for Angelica!!