Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

ECS Hawaii

General ECS talk.

Unread postby Mr_K » Thu Oct 1, 2009 11:29:04 pm

Are there any Sounders fans in Oahu?

I just moved here and am going to have some serious ECS withdrawals Saturday. I'm hoping there might be another lost soul out here to watch the game with - of course that's even if watching the game on the tele is an option.
Mr_K
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Ultramarine » Fri Oct 2, 2009 12:09:51 am

I was in Maui over the summer, no I don't live there just vacationing. I couldn't find any channels with the match vs. Toronto on the TV but was able to get it on MLSnet.com
Ultramarine
Past ECS Member

Unread postby plyrocksupporters » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:12:15 pm

I wish that I could help you out.... But, I feel your pain too, I'm a Sounder fan stationed out in Plymouth, MA trying to find Sounders fans that live out this way. No luck so far....
plyrocksupporters
Past ECS Member

Unread postby C.How » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:19:27 pm

Dude, I'll come watch a game with ya...just let me stay @ your place :-)
C.How
Past ECS Member

Unread postby plyrocksupporters » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:26:05 pm

C.How wrote:Dude, I'll come watch a game with ya...just let me stay @ your place :-)

I'll check w/ the wife and see what she says... I'm so pumped for when the schedule gets released, you having any idea when thats gonna happen?? I had my own chant "sit down Coffey (clapping), "sit down Coffey" (more clapping) at the Revs game out here in the New England area.
plyrocksupporters
Past ECS Member

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Wed Dec 2, 2009 3:25:04 am

plyrocksupporters wrote:
C.How wrote:Dude, I'll come watch a game with ya...just let me stay @ your place :-)

I'll check w/ the wife and see what she says... I'm so pumped for when the schedule gets released, you having any idea when thats gonna happen?? I had my own chant "sit down Coffey (clapping), "sit down Coffey" (more clapping) at the Revs game out here in the New England area.

I suspect he meant SouthHill, since he's in Hawaii 8-) and you're... not. :cry:

LOL It's all good. You watch, we'll have some ECS at New England again and you'll definitely be with us!
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby CursedFrogurt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:15:31 pm

So it turns out I'll be in Honolulu for my best friend's wedding next week during the Monterrey & Chicago matches. Any leads on a place to watch near Waikiki? I'm thinking the CCL game will be easier since it's on FSC... Dunno if I'll be able to find a pub with Direct Kick to watch the league game.
CursedFrogurt
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Null78 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:35:54 pm

CursedFrogurt wrote:So it turns out I'll be in Honolulu for my best friend's wedding next week during the Monterrey & Chicago matches. Any leads on a place to watch near Waikiki? I'm thinking the CCL game will be easier since it's on FSC... Dunno if I'll be able to find a pub with Direct Kick to watch the league game.

Where you staying?
Null78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby C.How » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:14:37 pm

CursedFrogurt wrote:So it turns out I'll be in Honolulu for my best friend's wedding next week during the Monterrey & Chicago matches. Any leads on a place to watch near Waikiki? I'm thinking the CCL game will be easier since it's on FSC... Dunno if I'll be able to find a pub with Direct Kick to watch the league game.

Try PM-ing South hill hooliagn (jason). Tell him chris sent ya
C.How
Past ECS Member

Unread postby b3sh1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38:28 pm

Imma be in HI (Oahu) in September too. :)
b3sh1
Past ECS Member

Unread postby CursedFrogurt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:46:52 pm

Null78 wrote:

Where you staying?

Outrigger Waikiki, I think.
CursedFrogurt
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Goonda » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24:48 am

I'll be on Oahu on Oct. 2 and then on Maui Oct. 3-8.
Goonda
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bulldog » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:04:51 am

if it is still there, a sports bar called "Legends" on Kuhio in Waikiki - mutliple tvs - check in with them
it is opposite the International Market place which has a wide cheap food selection.
and opposite a great strip joint if that is still there too..my ex worked in there :mrgreen:
I lived in the hotel above Legends...open until 2am

There is a 2 Irish bars in downtown Honolulu you might want to grab a pint in..near fort street mall / close to the small Chinatown
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Mr_K » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:22:50 am

Legends is indeed still here: http://www.legends-sports-pub.com/

They're pretty good about EPL matches but I'm sure they'd hook up some MLS if they could tune it in. It's small but has a decent selection of beer.

Sadly, pubs are not a big thing in Oahu - the only place you'll really find them is in in town catering to tourists.

I'd gladly watch a match with a fellow ECS member if I was in town, but I spend a good deal of time working in SE Asia.
Mr_K
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby TheWestExit » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:44:11 am

I was stationed out at Schofield for a year, but I was still 20 at the time, so I don't know much about bars to watch the game at. I always streamed it online.

Make sure you check out Highway Inn and Helena's Hawaiian Food. Dats some good local kine grinds. Supa ono.
TheWestExit
Past ECS Member

Next

Return to ECS General