Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

7/13/13 :: Earthquakes : SSFC -- KICK 19:30

Everything match specific.

Unread postby 454k30 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:18:31 am

one shot on goal.
454k30
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:07:51 pm

Lack of midfield creativity can do that. Too many times people expect the forwards to carry the team, and when the only way they get the ball is through long balls from the backline, that can kill an attack.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby finnfan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:09:00 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:Lack of midfield creativity can do that. Too many times people expect the forwards to carry the team, and when the only way they get the ball is through long balls from the backline, that can kill an attack.

I almost cried when I realized that this actually needs to be said.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby jabbathehut » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:05:08 am

It bothers me that Sigi was complaining about how physical SJ is. Is he new??? Shouldn't we expect that type of thuggery from SJ? Have they ever been a finesse team? No, then why wasn't Sigi prepared and why was he incapable of adjusting our strategy to counter that. Im not saying how the Sounders played poorly is his fault, but as bad as our boys played, i feel we were throughly outcoached, again. Everyone knows we struggle against physical teams. Why hasn't Sigi come up with a strategy to counter that. Physical play doesn't effect the RSL's or KC's, and that's a credit to their coaches imo. It really bugs me that Sigi is incapable of getting over this hump.
jabbathehut
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:57:27 am

Actually every team ought to be high-pressuring us like SJ and RSL tend to do. Especially in our current lineup state. We don't have the team to cope with that right now.

Bring your boots on Saturday, you may make the starting XI, or at least the substitutes bench :sigh:
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby MrB206 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:04:31 am

jabbathehut wrote:It bothers me that Sigi was complaining about how physical SJ is.

Being physical is one thing.. that shit was ugly. Lenhart should have received a red and it was poorly controlled by the ref, which allowed the physicality to escalate.
MrB206
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12:41 am

jabbathehut wrote:It bothers me that Sigi was complaining about how physical SJ is. Is he new??? Shouldn't we expect that type of thuggery from SJ? Have they ever been a finesse team? No, then why wasn't Sigi prepared and why was he incapable of adjusting our strategy to counter that. Im not saying how the Sounders played poorly is his fault, but as bad as our boys played, i feel we were throughly outcoached, again. Everyone knows we struggle against physical teams. Why hasn't Sigi come up with a strategy to counter that. Physical play doesn't effect the RSL's or KC's, and that's a credit to their coaches imo. It really bugs me that Sigi is incapable of getting over this hump.

You cannot plan for all 3 of your subs being used on injuries. You simply cannot.

So yeah, to a point, and I have no doubt Sigi did have a game plan for SJ, but we never saw it because whatever tactics he had in mind were blown out of the water by being forced to make 3 injury subs early, including the keeper.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby kallistec » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:27:33 am

Llarian wrote:So yeah, to a point, and I have no doubt Sigi did have a game plan for SJ, but we never saw it because whatever tactics he had in mind were blown out of the water by being forced to make 3 injury subs early, including the keeper.

http://www.soundersfc.com/media-library/videos/features/2013/07-july/130713-sigi-at-earthquakes.aspx?autoPlay=true#videoplayer

Sigi calls out the Evans injury as ruining his game plan, FWIW.
kallistec
ECS Leadership

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:30:02 am

Sigi wasn't going to use those subs until the 80th anyway.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Match Day