Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Sounders FC Council

A Place To Talk About Seattle's MLS Team.

Unread postby squarehead » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:15:51 am

Indeed, finnfan.

Really the only sports operations in the world that will do nothing but make you a ton of money are NFL franchises. ManYoo maybe if the leveraged buyout doesn't kill them.
squarehead
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Leo Henton » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:59:35 am

Thanks for the folks that responded to my rambling wreck of a rant. I have not been getting much sleep until last night.

MMclark stated: Quote: "The only thing I have a comment on is that I know that Adrian will be in Seattle supporting the Sounders till the end of time."

That is excellent.

My main fear is that of what happens after success ?

Please no Donald Trump type of (1980's USFL) action where some suit takes a (soon to be successful) business model and blows it up on a side bet. Think of the possibility of when in the time of 2018 the MLS graduates to the big-leagues on par with the top flight Western European leagues. If some ESL suit, (English as Second Language businessman) wants to make a play then to recapture excellent players and / or to get in on the action ... the suit might just do a hostile takeover. The "market" capitalization of the (currently) privately held MLS is within the excess cash flow rate of a few corporate clubs overseas.

In other words, when MLS gets going good, some experienced futbol / football / soccer business managers will once again consider getting into the USA / Canadian market.

That is way down the line.

======================================

There are three ways most sports clubs make $.

1. Primarily when they sell the franchise outright.

2. Most of operations is funded thru television rights.

3. Merchandise, especially to youth and out-of-market fans, non-ticket holders.

Not if, but when Seattle Sounders FC emerges on the global stage ... the merchandise will flow. Flow like water downhill.

When the youth adopt to enjoying watching the game that they themselves play ... TV will take off. Especially when it becomes widely known that action is rather continuous without stoppage of play or numerous commercial interruptions.

I'm hoping that the future can be shaped so that Seattle Sounders FC emerges onto the global stage in seven to ten years. ( Year 2015 to 2018 ).
----------------------------------------------

Here is a radical suggestion for a long-term tactic.

How about if Sounders FC season ticketholders in year 2020 to 2025 have the option to buy into a IPO, initial public offering with priority ? The date I cite is a bit early, but certainly if the owners age and wonder who to heir it to .... how about to the fans ? Isn't there at least one successful NFL franchise that is widely held ... like the Green Bay Packers.

Seattle Seahawks fans and Seattle Sounders FC fans have no idea how sweet life is. Look at the Dallas Cowboys personal seat licenses for new mega-stadium. $ 35 K per seat per single 20-year option PSL in Arlington, Texas versus a one-time $ 2.2 K Qwest Field PSL for the duration. Sweet.
Leo Henton
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Leo Henton » Sat Dec 6, 2008 10:22:24 am

Is there any portion of the Thursday afternoon December 4, 2008 Seattle Sounders FC advisory board meeting that can be discussed in public? Or were the participants sworn to confidentiallity for a certain period of time ? Is there transparency to a portion of meeting minutes ? Who was designated as secretary ?

Or am I mistaken and lost in the wilderness ?

Thank you,

Leo

P.S. In reference to the football club's website sub-pages here http://www.soundersfc.com/article.aspx?id=1758 and here http://www.soundersfc.com/Article.aspx?id=1512&languageId=1033

Quote: "Association Benefits (all season ticket holders receive complimentary memberships)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voting privilege

Membership Pin

Membership Card

Discount at team shops

Invitation to annual meeting

Electronic newsletters during the season

Annual Report

Unquote"

------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a few questions: Has the outline of the format for the communications to the members been decided yet?

Will the electronic newsletter and Annual Report be delivered soon ?
==========================================================

Have the ECS members and lurkers on this electronic bulletin board expressed themselves yet about what their desired criteria is for such communications ?

Can it be disclosed publically what the results of the survey conducted by the official Sounders FC website in November 2008 were?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Leo Henton
Leo Henton
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Sun Dec 7, 2008 12:51:46 pm

Why are you using that weird language Leo? It's making my brain hurt.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Leo Henton » Mon Dec 8, 2008 5:50:28 am

finnfan wrote:Why are you using that weird language Leo? It's making my brain hurt.

Too many years around an unusual mixture of suits, geeks and smart babes.

Sorry. I guess I ought to draft and re-write before posting. You are correct, it does sound unusual.

If I get any response from the query I dispatched to Sounders FC via the account holder web-page I'll let you know.

Has anyone seen any formal or informal report out from Sounders FC advisory board regarding Thursday afternoon December 4, 2008 two-hour meeting ?

Leo
Leo Henton
Past ECS Member

Unread postby YukataNinja » Mon Dec 8, 2008 11:45:53 am

Leo Henton wrote:
finnfan wrote:Why are you using that weird language Leo? It's making my brain hurt.

Too many years around an unusual mixture of suits, geeks and smart babes.

Sorry. I guess I ought to draft and re-write before posting. You are correct, it does sound unusual.

If I get any response from the query I dispatched to Sounders FC via the account holder web-page I'll let you know.

Has anyone seen any formal or informal report out from Sounders FC advisory board regarding Thursday afternoon December 4, 2008 two-hour meeting ?

Leo

FuzzyForeigner was our rep at that meeting, if he's allowed to say what went on at that Skull and Bones Fraternity meeting.
YukataNinja
Past ECS Member

Previous

Return to Seattle Sounders FC