Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

ECSPL Opens for Spring 2014 Season!

Unread postby blurrygil » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 pm

2014 ECS FC Pub League Is Ready For the Spring!!

Able to stay warm all winter (via blankets, running a lot, copious amounts of booze)? Always wanted to play or learn the beautiful game, but with good friends there to just have a good time? Well, ECS FC is pleased to announce that registration for the 2014 Pub League season will be opening Monday, April 14th @ 7pm for registration for its Spring Season! The costs have been lowered for more accessibility to members and new players alike! See below for the important details:

**ECSPL 2014 Spring Details**
Season: Sundays 11am – 1pm (from April 27th until June 29th)
Where: Rainier Vista Boys & Girls Club Field (Columbia City)
Cost: $80 for ECS members; $90 for non-members
Store Availability: Monday, April 14th @ 7pm

Devoted to having fun and expanding participants’ knowledge and understanding of soccer/football; this league targets those who are interested in playing in a semi-formal, organized and fun environment. The ECSFC Pub League (ECSPL) is open to anyone regardless of experience and talent. Please note that the ECSPL is not a developmental team with opportunities for advancing to other competitive ECS FC teams, but is intended for those who wish to simply have fun with friends; all while learning or getting back into the beautiful game.

- Registration & Teams -
If you are interested in signing up, please note the following registration conditions:

Players involved with our competitive ECS FC teams, past and present, are requested to not register as players for ECSPL. Instead, we are asking those seasoned players to sign up as coaches, managers and/or trainers. This is to ensure that the league is reserved mainly for novice/beginner players.

*Those that play on ECS FC White/Shale, La Barra, Womens, Rockets or Indoor may be approved on a case by case basis, but will be approved in only very specific cases. Please inquire with ECSPL Management for more information.

From all of our registrants, we will create four (4) small-sided teams of approximately fifteen (15) players each. The teams will be fairly fixed (but not permanent) and will be arranged to be competitively balanced. Each team will have a series of volunteer coordinators/coaches/players/managers to handle substitutions and organize their respective teams.

Signups will be via the ECS Store. Registration will be limited to the first 60 paid entries. ECSPL management reserves the right to extend/change this limitation. Once you have purchased your registration through the ECS Store, we will contact you via email to ensure we have all of your contact information.

All players are required to have an all-white and all-black shirt or kit (no half or like colors; must be predominantly black or white) and that they should have these with them for each match of the season. In addition, we have resources available for teams who wish to order their own custom shirts/kits! Please inquire with the ECSPL Director, David Rountree, for information.

- Season Format -
This season, there will be a single season consisting of eight (8) official league fixture days, consisting of 2 matches each (please see explanation below), and one day for the playoffs and final. These will be held on Sundays @ 11am and will run until 1pm on most days. We ask that all players to please arrive a half-hour early (30 mins) for warm-ups.

Here is what the calendar for the season should look like (subject to change):

April 27th – Week 1A & 1B Fixtures
May 4th – Week 2A & 2B Fixtures
May 11th – Week 3A & 3B Fixtures
May 18th – Week 4A & 4B Fixtures
May 25th – BYE WEEK
June 1st – Week 5A & 5B Fixtures
June 8th – Week 6A & 6B Fixtures
June 15th – Week 7A & 7B Fixtures
June 22nd – Week 8A & 8B Fixtures
June 29th – Playoffs and Final

- Matchday Format -
On each match day will now consists of TWO (2) FULL 50’ LEAGUE MATCHES, each kicking off at about 11:00am and 12:10pm. All players will participate in a minimum of 16 total matches, with all stats from all matches will be tallied for end-of-the-year awards and team totals.

- Officiating & Management -
The ECSPL will compete under the usual FIFA outdoor regulations, however with some modified rules:
• Players are not allowed to go to ground (with any knee or elbow touching the ground), intentional or not, and play the ball in any capacity (slide/trip/fall).
• Fouls are held to a stricter standard; this includes, but is not limited to: Tackles from the attacking player’s blind position or from behind, use of the arms/body to improve position and head volleys that are not attempted in a direct upward motion.
• Goal kicks will be taken from the goal line, from either side of the goal.
• *NEW* - Players are required to substitute out to retrieve any/all balls that leave the property boundaries. This will be at the referees discretion.
• For more details on the Rules of the League, please check for the upcoming thread to be posted in our official forums.

Referees will be selected from a pool of applications who are fellow league members. Experience is not required and formal training, instruction and application will be provided. In addition, if you are interested, we will help assist you in becoming a licensed USSF official. If you are interested in becoming an ECSPL official, please PM ‘blurrygil’ (Gil Ruta).

- Location -
Once again, we will have a single field location at the Rainier Vista Boys & Girls Club in Columbia City, located at 4520 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S, Seattle, WA 98108. With this location, we managed to keep things very Seattle-central and accessible for all participants. This includes being right next to the Columbia City Link Light Rail Station and along numerous bus routes.

>>Spots will go very quickly, so keep an eye out for changes and updates right here and on all of our social media channels!<<<
blurrygil
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby aeolsen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:04 pm

I'm going to be really upset if my indoor game is when this opens. It would be just my luck to have a game at 6:50
aeolsen
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Llarian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:40 pm

aeolsen wrote:I'm going to be really upset if my indoor game is when this opens. It would be just my luck to have a game at 6:50

Bring a smarty phone, sub out and buy pub league spot, sub back in. =)
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby aeolsen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:06 pm

That will be the plan. Hopefully I don't have to worry about it though
aeolsen
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby bobdavisnpf » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Really looking forward to this! Hope we get lots of newbs to the game, and folks who haven't played in decades... along with our growing crowd of pub-league regulars.
bobdavisnpf
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm

I am committing to this.

Ankles, beware.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Loonz206 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Looks like I gotta wait till Monday afterwork. Whats the best method for a non-ECS member to sign up. I haven't renewed this year yet.
Loonz206
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby aeolsen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Just go to the store and buy it. They aren't going on sale until 7pm on Monday
aeolsen
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Loonz206 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Dear god I hope I get in.
Loonz206
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby robseam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Not up yet...
robseam
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Null78 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:03 pm

What are we missing? Do I blame Steve?
Null78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:03 pm

WHERE IS MY PUB LEAGUE SIGN UP GUYS
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Null78 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:05 pm

SP The Ghost wrote:WHERE IS MY PUB LEAGUE SIGN UP GUYS

I DEMAND A DISCOUNT
Null78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Nasty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:06 pm

ECSPL has been sanctioned and will be delayed by 30%
Nasty
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Null78 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Nasty wrote:ECSPL has been sanctioned and will be delayed by 30%

THIS!!

This is the most I've been on these boards in years. I feel like I'm trolling :twisted:
Null78
Past ECS Member

Next

Return to ECS Pub League