Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Toronto - 5/9/18

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby Antiei30 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello ECS,

The Emerald City Supporters are traveling South into Canada to once again return to BMO Field. Last time we were here it was the middle of a Canadian winter. We return this time not to freeze but to enter with a small but mighty group and show TFC that once again we mean business. It has been a rough start to the season but let’s end it here!

Here’s everything you need to know for this match day:

Tickets:
Your TFC Away ticket(s) to stand with the Emerald City Supporters for the match on Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 at 7:30pm local time are attached to this email. Print your ticket(s), bring it with you, and keep it with you for the entirety of the match.

Stadium Location:
BMO Field
170 Princes’ Boulevard
Toronto, ON M6K 3C3

Parking:
Green P parking is readily available around the stadium including three lots directly to the East and South of BMO stadium. You can pay both by Green P parking app or when parking with loonies and toonies.

Transit:
If you are traveling from downtown Toronto it is recommended to purchase a round trip ticket and take the Go Train to the stadium from Union Station and exiting the train at Exhibition.

Weather Preparedness:
Sunny, high of 68.

Stadium Entry:
We will all meet at the northeast corner of the stadium outside gate 1B at 6:15pm where we will be briefed by stadium security. BMO Field security will meet us at this location and accompany us through the gates. If you plan to bring your own flag or two pole, it must be on flexible PVC and you absolutely must arrive no later than 6:00pm for inspection of the flag or two pole.

Game-time Expectations:
Emerald City Supporters is a supporters group. That's important to remember. Do not do get involved in things that will result in you being kicked out! We need all hands-on deck to spur our boys in green on to victory!

Our section will be 203 rows 34-35 and will be treated as General Admission. We do not enforce seat assignments. Tifo, security, and capos will be in the first row of our section. Everyone else is invited to stand where they feel most comfortable within our section.

Participation is encouraged. If you don’t know all the words to the songs, just follow along the best you can and your support will be felt! Speaking of support, we like to wave flags. We will have 1 large flag that must remain in the middle of our section at all times. If you’re bringing a flagpole, please note that hollow 4’ -6' PVC poles are permitted, and flags and two-poles may not contain offensive, political, etc. content.

Don’t drink so much that you get sloppy and give anything less than your best. YOUR BEST IS EXPECTED. You should work to exceed that.

Do not engage in any way with home fans. There's no need to engage in any wordplay, taunting, threats, etc. If you have an issue, notify ECS travel monkeys on the ground or stadium staff.

You will likely be under surveillance at the stadium. Conduct yourselves accordingly. BEHAVE AS THOUGH YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY ARE.

FRIENDS AND FAMILY IN OTHER MLS TEAM GEAR OR COLORS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAND WITH US. We will try to have you and your group reseated. If stadium staff cannot accommodate a reseating, then your group will be asked to leave.

We will have two buffer rows at the bottom of our section to keep everyone safe. The next row is designated for flags/drums/capos. Aside from those specific areas, you are free to stand wherever you feel comfortable.

Postgame:
We will be held in the section for up to 30 minutes. Security will release us from the section and we will exit back through gate 1B. If you choose not to stay with the group, you assume the risks of your own security. THIS IS THE WORKING PLAN, IT MAY CHANGE.

Your travel monkey on the ground will be Jacob Bush a.k.a. @JakefromDM.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby icedcold » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:04 pm

I bet this is going to be pretty lightly attended, but I am going. Last time I was at a Toronto away game we won the Cup, so I am optimistic and glad it's in May, and not December.
icedcold
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Mon May 07, 2018 7:56 pm

I get in tomorrow night, there til Friday, if any of the limited number of people going fancy a couple of beers before the game then let me know.
Tom_CUFC
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby iwantabossjersey » Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 am

You all are legendary. Godspeed, and good luck! Bring us back the points!
iwantabossjersey
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby jakefromdm » Wed May 09, 2018 7:26 am

Hey All,

I'm your travel monkey for this game.

I will be arriving at the stadium area a little before the meet up time. I'll have my heartland horde flag and will be wearing a blue flannel so that you will hopefully be able to see me to make entry easier.
jakefromdm
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby icedcold » Sat May 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Best and smallest away trip ever!
icedcold
ECS Member 2018

Return to Away Trips