Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Altanta - 7/15/18

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby c0rdyceps » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 am

RightFootHammer wrote:
c0rdyceps wrote:Assuming our section is sold out at this point, hoping I can find some tickets near the away section of the stadium

The section is absolutely not sold out! I would expect a run of tickets to be sold soon as this match approaches though. Get in here!

https://www.weareecs.com/shop/categories/product/1374-atlanta-united-away-i-july-15-2018

Thanks! I could not find this link on the shop. Still have to work out my travel arrangements but I'm glad to see theres still an option to sit with ECS. My cousin works in Atlanta sports and offered me some sweeeeeet comp tickets too... decisions
c0rdyceps
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby iwantabossjersey » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:21 am

Its an easy decision. Support the boys and let your voice be multiplied! Unless you prefer a prawn sandwich and not having your view blocked by active support :)
iwantabossjersey
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby rickhendricks » Fri May 11, 2018 11:33 am

I got this email from Atlanta United today:

http://links.emarketing.ambfo.com/servl ... &mt=1&rt=0

Long story short, they plan on showing the entire World Cup Final on the Halo Screen before the Sounders match.
rickhendricks
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Antiei30 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:51 pm

rickhendricks wrote:I got this email from Atlanta United today:

http://links.emarketing.ambfo.com/servl ... &mt=1&rt=0

Long story short, they plan on showing the entire World Cup Final on the Halo Screen before the Sounders match.

We will see what this means for us & our group when we get closer.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:39 am

Please see first post for our plans for this match: 1) They have changed and 2) will allow us all not to miss the World Cup Final.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby icedcold » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Antiei30 wrote:Please see first post for our plans for this match: 1) They have changed and 2) will allow us all not to miss the World Cup Final.

So based on that new plan, if we can't make that 1000am ticket distribution rendezvous, will the remaining tickets be left with will call or something? I don't especially care about the World Cup Final, and my flight time will make it a challenge to meet so early.
icedcold
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby icedcold » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Bump for the above question still.
icedcold
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:36 pm

icedcold wrote:Bump for the above question still.

We do not have definitive answer yet. We dont like to leave the names of our members with any club. When I do have an answer I will post it. But our initial purchase page did advise that we would likely have an earlier call than usual for this match and it was not that far off from our initial estimates.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby icedcold » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Antiei30 wrote:
icedcold wrote:Bump for the above question still.

We do not have definitive answer yet. We dont like to leave the names of our members with any club. When I do have an answer I will post it. But our initial purchase page did advise that we would likely have an earlier call than usual for this match and it was not that far off from our initial estimates.

Thanks for the clarification. I must've missed that note on the original purchase page, or thought I was giving myself enough time regardless. I'm sure we will make something work out.
icedcold
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby jmvasquez » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:21 pm

I might be too late. But I was wondering if there are any tickets left for the Atlanta Away match?

I just realized that I didn't purchase them in time. :(

Looking for 2.
jmvasquez
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby crashml » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:56 pm

WTB 1 Ticket for ATL Away - For once a late breaking work trip may FINALLY fall in my favor (giving me an excuse TO join rather than knocking me out of attending a home game). If there is any inventory lurking behind the scenes please let me know.

Cheers!

Crash/ML
crashml
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Antiei30 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 pm

Monkey Mail shipped this evening. Check your spam folders. Some of your emails don't like travel@weareecs.com so you should add this email to your allowed list.
Monkey Mail is reposted in the first entry thread for reference along with the map pdf because some of your emails don't like attachments.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Antiei30 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:14 am

A fellow supporter shared the following info and gave permission for me to repost this here:

Hey guys,

I just got your emailed itinerary for the match Sunday. Thanks! I just wanted to offer any support that I can. I live here in Atlanta. I haven't lived here for that long, so I may not have answers to everything, but I'm happy to support the traveling fans in any way that I can.

First thing to note is that Atlanta does not sell booze before 12:30 on Sundays. Period. Not in the stadium, not in a restaurant, not at the store. So if anyone is looking to pre-func in any way, shape, or form, they'll have to buy the night before.

For anyone coming in a day or two early and is wondering what to do:

"Downtown" Atlanta is pretty boring on the weekends. There are not a lot of good restaurants, mostly chains, just an fyi. However, there is the World of Coca Cola museum (Coke is from Atlanta), the College Football Hall of Fame, and the country's largest aquarium.

Atlanta has a ton of great beer! There are a lot of good brewery's to visit, and we just changed our laws so most of them are open to "tasters" on weekends now. Sweetwater is probably the most famous, but Monday Night Brewing, Orpheus, Scofflaw, and Red Brick are a few really good ones I would suggest looking into.

Ponce City Market is super cool. It's the largest brick building east of the Mississippi and was originally the old Sears headquarters. After sitting vacant for decades it is now a really cool mix use building with restaurants, bars, shopping, tech offices, and a rooftop with carnival games and a couple of bars up there.

Ponce City Market is right on the "Eastside Beltline" which is the most popular section of our walking/biking trail. It's got a lot of cool restaurants and such up and down it, as well as parks, and it ends right by Jacks Pizza and Wings, so it might be a good spot to hit up earlier on Saturday and make your way toward Jacks. If you do this, I HIGHLY suggest stopping right across from Ponce City Market at New Realm Brewing. They have some of the best brewery food I've ever had, their beer is great, and they have an upper deck with an awesome view of Midtown.

Piedmont Park is our version of New York's Central Park. It's beautiful and huge and definitely worth a morning stroll before it gets too hot.

Brunch is definitely a "thing" in Atlanta. Everyone will be sitting out on restaurant patios drinking mimosas late into the afternoon.

We have lots of new modes of transportation. Birds, Limes, Muving, and Ofo are electric scooter, vespa-like scooter, and bike transportation. These are all fun ways to get around when it's too damn hot to walk.

Oh, and anyone interested in history, MLK Jr. was born and raised here and is buried in his home neighborhood of Edgewood. It's a really cool, funky neighborhood adjacent to downtown. His memorial is pretty cool, and it's surrounded by some really amazing restaurants and funky bars.

Last but not least, I have some friends flying in for the match, and on Saturday we are going to "Shoot the Hooch" (float the Chatahoochie river). Anyone is welcome to come with us, we have a big group already planned. I am bringing my own raft, but since you're traveling you'd likely need to rent one. They are available at the river, and I believe for a pickup ticket (they pick you up at the end and bring you back to where we park) + a tube it is $26. And I think they also have cooler floats for rent.

I hope this is helpful to anyone coming out here early. If there's any other questions please feel free to let the other travelers know they're welcome to ask me. I'll do my best!

GO SOUNDERS!!!
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby im1jomama » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm

This is all really great info! You also can get around in the city with the Marta easily as well! So excited to have my Seattle peeps here!
Please travel safely!! PS... the trip from the airport is easy to downtown as well!
im1jomama
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby im1jomama » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:38 pm

If you find someone who was not able to get a ticket... you can always go onto facebook on the Atlanta United Ticket Exchange page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1665837830375981/

it will cost you an arm & leg to purchase from ticketmaster.
im1jomama
ECS Member 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Away Trips