Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Las Vegas (S2) - 6/16/18

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Unread postby RightFootHammer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:05 pm

Monkey Hold.

Hello Away Traveler!
You are a part of ECS history, our first official S2 away trip and what better place than Las Vegas! This trip is going into the ECS history books. Only 62 brave souls are taking part on this journey to sin city, for fun, and for and our club. This adventure down to Las Vegas may be filled with three foot margaritas, farm animals, pizza slices as big as your head, and every type of show imaginable but we cannot forget we have a job to do. We need to support our boys to the fullest, it's what ECS has done before, currently does, and will always do. #ForkYeah
Tickets:
Your Las Vegas Lights tickets(s) to stand with the Emerald City Supporters for the match on June 16th at 8:00pm PST at Cashman field, Las Vegas NV are attached to this email! Print your ticket(s), bring them with you, and keep it with you for the entirety of the match.
Pre-func:
You're going to be in Vegas, the Travel Monkeys are sure you can find somewhere to pre-func if it's a pool party, tiki bar, table games or otherwise, we believe in you.

IF YOU PAID FOR A LIMO RIDE YOU MUST BE AT THE GOLDEN NUGGET AT 5:00PM DEPARTURE AT 5:15. You will be left behind. We have two limos for transportation TO the match only. You must find your own way back. The designated Lyft pickup spot is LOT B

If you're down to pet some llamas, Dottie and Dolly arrive in the "fan zone" at approximately 5:30pm. Even if you took the limo option that should be enough time to get some pets in and take a sweet selfie. DO NOT ENGAGE WITH HOME SUPPORT, SAVE IT FOR THE LLAMAS OR THE MATCH. If you are caught causing trouble in the fan zone, you may be denied entry to the match. Just don't, please?!

Transportation & Parking:
For those that are local or those who drove a far distance to be with us, thank you! There is no designated supporter parking area, but it would be wise to park as close to GATE ONE as possible. The fee is $5 cash or card, $10 if you are a boss and drove an R.V.
Stadium Entry:
All ticket purchasers must be at GATE ONE NO LATER THAN 6:45PM. Please be prepared for bag checks, pat downs, and metal detectors at the gate. THE BAG POLICY SAME AS CENTURY LINK WHICH IS NO LARGER THAN 14x14x6 AND MUST BE CLEAR. We don't care if you have a sweet new Timbuk2 messenger bag, it ain't gonna fly.

If you are too drunk, too high, or just can't even, you WILL BE DENIED ENTRY. We have everything at home in Washington State that Vegas has, so don't be that person.

We have been allowed to bring EMPTY STORE BOUGHT WATER BOTTLES. You know the 20oz kind from Safeway or Costco. Nalgene bottles or Hydro Flasks will be denied, so don't say your travel monkey didn't tell you.
Gametime Expectations:
Emerald City Supporters is a supporter group. That's important to remember. Our reason for being at the match is to spur our boys on toward victory; everything else is secondary.
●If you bought tickets through ECS our section will be in Section 2. Our section will be treated as General Admission; we do not enforce seat assignments. Rows S and T are "kill rows" nobody is permitted to sit or stand there, for safety. Tifo, capos, drum, and security will be in the front 1-2 rows. Everyone else is invited to stand where they feel most comfortable.
●Participation is encouraged. We'll have song cards so you can sing, chant, and go mental right along with us. Don't worry if you don't know all of the words, just follow along the best you can, and your support will be felt!
●There may be times where you can't see as well as you might like due to flags and tifo. We like to wave flags. Even during the run of play sometimes. We feel like it's an important part of showing the boys our support. If a flag is in your way, and you don't like it - please feel free to change seats. That's part of why we do GA, so you're not stuck in an uncomfortable spot.
●Friends or family in other non-Sounders MLS or USL team gear or colors will not be allowed to stand with us. If you or someone in your group is wearing colors of another MLS team, they will be asked to remove those items. If they refuse, we will try to have your group reseated. If the stadium staff cannot accommodate a reseating, then your group will be asked to leave.
●Please, do not engage in any way with home fans, and tie your scarves around your neck. Security will keep home fans at bay; there's no need to engage in any wordplay, taunting, threats, etc. If you have an issue, notify ECS Security, Travel Monkey, or stadium staff.
Postgame:
Standard procedure for all MLS matches is to hold the visiting supporters in the section for approximately 15 minutes in order to give the home fans time to clear the concourse. We realize this is a USL match, we will still adhere to the 15-20 minute rule for everyones safety
Itinerary Recap:
As always, make SURE you check with the travel monkey on the ground for the latest schedule/details.
8:00am-4:00pm Prefunc like it is your job
4:00pm - Make your way to the Golden Nugget (if you chose the limo option)
5:00pm - Arrive at Golden Nugget
5:30pm - Llama time begins
6:15pm - Limo caravan arrives
6:15pm-6:45 Limo crew pets some llamas and probably takes some pictures.
6:45pm - Tifo inspection, safety review
6:52pm - RUN BACK TO PET THE LLAMAS ONE MORE TIME
7:00pm - ECS enters as a group at GATE ONE
7:30pm - Slide into the optimal supporting zone, but not too far.
7:35pm - Find the one person that remembered squeeze tube sunblock, apply liberally.
8:00pm - Match starts
8:01pm - Own the place, get weird, show them what away support looks like.
Approximately 10:00pm Match ends, hold in section for 15-20 minutes
Eternal Blue Forever Green
Note: Your Travel Monkeys for this match will be Christopher Urquhart. Monkeys can be reached at travel@weareecs.com or on twitter (@ECSTravelMonkey).
If you need immediate assistance, please reach out to Chris directly, by twitter by tweeting to @CasuallyUltra.

*Monkey Edit*: turneresq here, and the trip is getting pretty close and we've got a pretty large group coming. So first up, here is the travel matrix so you can let everyone know about your specific plans, in case some are still looking for room shares and the like.

TRAVEL FORM

VIEW RESPONSES

Monkey Edit:

GLITTER KITTY POOL PARTY PREFUNK:

A group of us will be spending a good amount of Saturday lounging by the pool at the Flamingo!

The Cabanas/Daybed slots have been taken for the Glitter Kitty Pool Party. But any are of course welcome to stop by and say hi. The pool is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. For those who did purchase, I'll (turneresq) be there right at 9 a.m. to make sure we've got everything sorted out.

You can buy tickets HERE.

Plans are being made for a Friday night get-together, as well as match evening events, so watch this space.

"March" to the Match:

Okay party people: The limos have been reserved! The cost is $13. You can PayPal me (turner_esq@hotmail.com), or Venmo (@turneresq). If you're paying for more than one person, let me know who it/they is/are. Please get this to me asap; they are holding my poor card hostage. Thanks in advance. :)

This is only one way. Here is the itinerary:

Arrive at Golden Nugget by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Limos Arrive at 5:15.
We will leave right away; we only have the limos for an hour.
Party like rock stars.
Drop off at Cashman at 6:15.
If you aren't at the pickup spot at 5:15, the limo will leave without you. No refunds.

If you have questions, send me a DM, find me on Twitter (@turneresq) check the Facebook Group page (Glitter Kitty Away) or send me an email (mikiturner at gmail).
RightFootHammer
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby futbolgirl » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:38 pm

:disco:
futbolgirl
ECS Co-President

Unread postby Lrryhrrr » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Alaska has a good package deal for flight and hotel. Most people I've talked to will be staying at the Golden Nugget which is fairly close to the stadium (10 minute lyft, 20 min walk).
Lrryhrrr
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby futbolgirl » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Ticket Acquired! Have a feeling this will be a big draw.
futbolgirl
ECS Co-President

Unread postby Lrryhrrr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 pm

I think our prematch should be a pub crawl to the match
Lrryhrrr
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Maleko13 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:31 am

Lrryhrrr wrote:I think our prematch should be a pub crawl to the match

Twist my arm
Maleko13
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby iwantabossjersey » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm looking at possibly getting us a party bus to at least get us to a few locations pre-match (yes, the golden tiki is one). Super high end we can get a bus with full sound system and lights and a DJ... if there were 20 of us 3 hours all inclusive of tips and water (BYOB) would be about $42 each. Hoping I can find a party bus just to drive us around that we might be able to do the whole pre-func and then back after match for similar price. Ideally would like to get it down to about what a whole bunch of ubers would cost... Will let everyone know.
iwantabossjersey
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Antiei30 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Finally booked staying at Gold Nugget too.
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby SkaRyan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:15 pm

hey travel monkeys!! i cant wait for you guys to come! i moved back to vegas in october and i miss the blue and green :')
SkaRyan
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby SkaRyan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 pm

and just a suggestion ......rick's bar is a nice place to drink too (i go there on my break), and also...i work at a dispensary in downtown fremont called New Amsterdam Naturals for your 420 needs guys :) cant wait for your guy's arrival woopwoop ^.^
SkaRyan
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby socalbry27kristen » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:48 am

Can't wait for everyone to come down!! Just bought two tickets, if you need help booking a hotel, message me...I work for MGM Resorts and can send a discount link!!
socalbry27kristen
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby meise » Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Room booked at the Golden Nugget! Kristi, Melanie, Kelsey and I are bunking together!!
meise
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby jhlands » Fri May 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Hilton wants to me to listen to a time share presentation in exchange for three free nights in Vegas, so miles for a flight and free hotel seems like the perfect way to go see S2. Location at the edge of the strip near Circus Circus sucks but for free I can't really complain.
jhlands
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby jhlands » Mon May 14, 2018 5:38 pm

I also am getting a rental car, I may be able to give someone a ride from the strip to the stadium so you don't have to uber.
jhlands
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby meise » Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 pm

I LOVE the party bus idea! So fun!
meise
ECS Member 2018

Next

Return to Away Trips